Sign in to follow this  
dathil

First snow

31151269582_f91c6f42f3_z.jpgFirst snow (1) by David de Rijke, on Flickr

and a (poorly) edited version, just to try it out :) 31277093036_6074f600d5_b.jpgpatrol4 by David de Rijke, on Flickr

30487492983_d2b1e105be_b.jpgFirst snow (2) by David de Rijke, on Flickr

30487491763_f85c341aa3_b.jpgFirst snow (3) by David de Rijke, on Flickr

For this one, I wanted to try to make a smooth snowscape. I added the footprints by having a few studs, I think it turned out fine. The fence is a last-minute addition, as I was buying stuff for sinterklaas when I saw black thread, so I bought that.

Alas I do not have any kind of photo editing program left on my laptop, yet with the camera of my 'new' used phone I think I did better than before concerning photography :P Also I found some tricks to enhance the lighting in my room.

Edited by dathil

Good work on the snow, and the footprints too.
The fence gives a nice touch also. :)

I am glad you included the fence, as it creates more visual interest in the build. The snow looks nice, like wind-sculpted drifts, and the irregular base accents it well. Photography still needs improvement, however, as the blurriness does detract significantly from the quality of the presentation. Better than before, certainly, but not quite there yet. 

The fence is a really nice addition! Long live sinterklaas! (I bought myself some nice extra parts as weel :wink: )

Very cool snowscape, the irregular base is great!

Nice snow, dathil!

The curved arches give a very realistic snowy appearance!  The fence is a great inclusion, as was mentioned, with a very interesting technique!  The banner in the corner completes the scene nicely.

I like your parts combinations on the guards!

Very nice snowscape, the footsteps certainly are effective and I like the fence in the background :thumbup:

I think the footprints are my favorite.  Kind of hilarious to think about what a Lego mini footprint is like.  Well done!

The snow is cool, also nice troops! The images have some extra flair with the editing, I reckon, but maybe the blur on "First snow (2)" and "First snow (3)" is just a little too strong. Anyway, nice little scene! :thumbup: