LiLmeFromDaFuture

LiLme's T-47 Airspeeder (+ Instructions & Part list)

I present to you version 2.0 of my original creation based on the T-47 Airspeeder from Empire Strikes Back!  

Retrospecting to a time when everything about the Empire fascinated my sole appeal to the original trilogy, never would I have suspected ultimately dabbling with things pertaining to Rebel scum!  I found interest in all things Empire; their technology, assets, weaponry professed their superiority in the galaxy, but never did I intended to build this!  This whole experience initiated as a side project of a pitiful Snowspeeder to vainly go against my AT-AT, until it blossomed into a full-fledge work of art.

28066441793_944ff6ac44_c.jpg 28066441113_bcce84fcb0_c.jpg

28066440183_d210d34d49_c.jpg 28066439453_1ab268eb00_c.jpg

28682131345_a9aa625a0f_c.jpg 28682130535_b143223d6f_c.jpg

28682129825_491e9a170e_c.jpg 28682129085_7c20110fcd_c.jpg

28398061940_9b259bd6e6_c.jpg

Returning with version 2.0, a myriad of revisions, to improve the durability of the build, transpired over the course of what this seemed like months on end.  Just when I believed nothing else could see revision or improvement something else would arise (even as I wrote this changes occurred, and notice that the current photos I have now appear outdated compared to the final model).   With an ambitious goal to establish a higher degree of structural integrity with minimal compromise of details, ultimately improving the overall quality of the build, I adopted a new principle for building MOCs by committing to avoid implementing illegal techniques, whilst maintaining the importance of details.  Despite how limited the creative freedom now seems, the Snowspeeder actually balanced well with the decent level of playability and its accuracy to source material—better than I imagined. 

The final result impeccably delivered the best of both worlds crafted into one piece of aesthetic beauty and ingenious engineering.  You can imagine how impressed I am with how amazingly the different Lego elements can come together and create something spectacular, once you have the chance to build your own.  Another motivation to makes this version my best yet, came as to design the Snowspeeder with elements in currently produced molds (with exception to the roof design), and in readily available colors, so anyone would find gathering the required pieces quite easily accomplishable.  So, I will provide links to the LXF file, a BrickStock part list file, and an Excel BOM.  @LOBOT-OMY I also created a flickr album of screenshots depicting coherent instructional steps,  which came straight from LDD!  You heard right, a LDD generated building guide that you can actually follow!  Also to mention, a missing piece, I have yet to identify, continues to elude me on the BrickStoc part list, so if you notice the disparities compared to the BOM then notify me.  

Lastly, I would greatly appreciate if you would share your finish Snowspeeder and any alterations you made!

Resources:

Snowspeeder.lxf

BrickStockWantedList.bsx

SnowspeederBOM.xlsx

Find also the building guide images at this LINK

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

2 minutes ago, michaelozzie said:

Thanks for posting the building guide. I'm needing to build some rebel ships and this will help.

My pleasure and if you need help with anything let me know.

37 minutes ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

Retrospecting to a time when everything about the Empire fascinated my sole appeal to the original trilogy, never would I have suspected ultimately dabbling with things pertaining to Rebel scum!

Might want to cut down on the over-use of the thesaurus there.

What the hell, no tow cable? 0/10, this build sucks!! :angry::angry::thumbdown:

This is absolutely gorgeous, the first version was so too but this is even better. I definitely prefer the rear of this one too, the lack of the underneath of tiles is very nice. I am looking forward to using your guide to build one of my own (but with a tow cable :tongue:).

40 minutes ago, ProvenceTristram said:

Might want to cut down on the over-use of the thesaurus there.

I have not use a thesaurus in a long time actually, but I had a good deal of time to think about what I truly wanted to say and how to convey it.  I admit that it does sound somewhat weird; I spent a considerable amount of time polishing together the LDD file, the generated building guide, the BrickStock wanted list, correcting errors countless times, as well as rewriting the opening post (to avoid a wall of text that has little significance to the subject), and I did not want to spend any extra time to look through a thesaurus to further improve what I wrote.  I hope this clarifies the matter…

27 minutes ago, Calanon said:

What the hell, no tow cable? 0/10, this build sucks!! :angry::angry::thumbdown:

This is absolutely gorgeous, the first version was so too but this is even better. I definitely prefer the rear of this one too, the lack of the underneath of tiles is very nice. I am looking forward to using your guide to build one of my own (but with a tow cable :tongue:).

I originally wanted to, though that would probably require me using another heatsink design, but I look forward to see what you can make out of this :laugh:!

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

Woah! I have been following your T-47 since you debuted the first iteration and to have you release the updated V2.0 files to share with us is just awesome!

I have downloaded the building instructions but your resources LINK is still set as private and not yet made public?

Again, a million thanks for building and sharing an awesome rendition of an iconic ship with us! :thumbup:

Very, very good model. And it won't topple your AT-AT with a harpoon ;) .

If I were to complain about anything here, it would probably be the bulge on the roof. It is much smaller than the one on Brickdoctor's model, but still... In the perfect world, the entire roof would be slightly sloped forward. But your model is pretty close ;) .

7 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Woah! I have been following your T-47 since you debuted the first iteration and to have you release the updated V2.0 files to share with us is just awesome!

I have downloaded the building instructions but your resources LINK is still set as private and not yet made public?

Again, a million thanks for building and sharing an awesome rendition of an iconic ship with us! :thumbup:

Thank you for the compliments!  

That sounds weird that the folder still remains private because it has multiple views.  Do have any idea of how long to wait until the site accepts them, or am I required to do something on my part? 

2 hours ago, La Chupacabra said:

Great again!

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, dmaclego said:

Very, very good model. And it won't topple your AT-AT with a harpoon ;) .

If I were to complain about anything here, it would probably be the bulge on the roof. It is much smaller than the one on Brickdoctor's model, but still... In the perfect world, the entire roof would be slightly sloped forward. But your model is pretty close ;) .

I am not too happy with the roof myself.  I did something along the lines of Brickdoctor's design, but I did not like how thick the roof turned out compared to the glass elements.  Also I finished the BrickStock file before considering redesigning the roof, so without further delays to update the changes made, I left it the same.  However, I am still interested in finding something that will suit.

Awesome - can't wait to add this version to its older LiLme brother...

Yup for some reason the Brickshelf folder is marked as private - I tried logging into Brickshelf to see if that made any difference but it seems not...

1 minute ago, Hold0511 said:

Awesome - can't wait to add this version to its older LiLme brother...

Yup for some reason the Brickshelf folder is marked as private - I tried logging into Brickshelf to see if that made any difference but it seems not...

Thanks—I hope it becomes available soon; I do not understand the long delay…

3 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

I have to admit I don't recall doing anything on my BS folder....

2 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Maybe patience is key! :laugh:

I did not think it would take this long, but if the delay still persist to tomorrow I will then contact them.

Thank you very much for sharing this very nice rendering of the snowspeeder along with the full instructions.

2 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

Very nice! Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Veynom said:

Thank you very much for sharing this very nice rendering of the snowspeeder along with the full instructions.

You are welcome!

8 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Great detailed model :classic::thumbup:

5 hours ago, JDbricks said:

Beautiful model, perfecto! Thanks for the instructions, most appreciated. :classic:

You both are welcome!

A bit of a late reply, I went through all 3 threads of your T-47, I love how you shared with us the progress and change processes you went through.

Even though I have just finished Brickvaults version, I have bought all the parts for your version, and will build it next week when the parts arrive.