E656-590

Hi everyone, after the E444-044...

e444-031.jpg

...I can reveal the third and penultimate Italian project: the E656 in service since 1975

e656-020.jpg

This locomotive is nicknamed "Caimano" (Cayman) because of its articulated form and its power higher than that of E444 "Turtle"

e656-002.jpg

e656-001.jpg

e656-007.jpg

The E656 is a locomotive with three articulated trolleys and coach bodies, characteristic of several families of Italian locomotives, to solve the problem of lines with many curves of small radius.

The locomotive is asymmetric with different windows and five air sockets on one side and six on the other.

As usual I made this model with lights and the PF system hidden in the body :classic:

e656-010.jpg

e656-034.jpg

The power switches are in the rear cab

e656-021.jpg

Enjoy the habitual pictures :wink:

e656-003.jpg

e656-004.jpg

e656-005.jpg

e656-006.jpg

e656-008.jpg

e656-009.jpg

e656-012.jpg

e656-014.jpg

e656-015.jpg

e656-016.jpg

e656-017.jpg

e656-018.jpg

e656-019.jpg

e656-023.jpg

e656-024.jpg

e656-025.jpg

e656-026.jpg

e656-027.jpg

e656-028.jpg

e656-029.jpg

e656-030.jpg

e656-031.jpg

e656-032.jpg

e656-033.jpg

See you with my last Italian project before to come back with a new USA model! :wink:

1 hour ago, JopieK said:

Nice coloring, but I like the front best!

Thanks JopieK, the front without the standard lego buffer looks fine also to my eyes! :classic:

15 minutes ago, MaxSupercars said:

I like details and color matching.

Thanks Max!

I can only agree with the others - a fantastic MOC again!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Your productivity and imagination are simply astounding! I'm very curious what comes next!

Locomotive - stunning. The choice of the prototype - stunning. Colours - amazing. Smoothness, much similarity in such a small scale, is simply amazing. Excellent work.

Hello 12V. really nice, again you propose very attractive techniques to model the details which are the spirit of the locomotives. Also the "not exact" rendering of the frontal gains a lot from your solutions, better than the original prototype..

Sergio and Eros

5 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

I really like the way you did hide the receiver without obstructing its signal too much!

Thanks ...every time is a challenge hide the receiver! :laugh:

4 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

Your productivity and imagination are simply astounding! I'm very curious what comes next!

Thank you very much Tenderlok ...but don't forget that your works are outstanding and every time we are surprised from your creativity! :classic:

3 hours ago, Nemo57 said:

Locomotive - stunning. The choice of the prototype - stunning. Colours - amazing. Smoothness, much similarity in such a small scale, is simply amazing. Excellent work.

What can I say? Just a big thank you! :blush:

2 hours ago, monai said:

Hello 12V. really nice, again you propose very attractive techniques to model the details which are the spirit of the locomotives.

Sergio and Eros

Hi Sergio & Eros, you're always welcome ...and be patient about the steam ...soon I will start a new (big) BR! :wink:

1 hour ago, legoman666 said:

Looking pretty slick! When are you going to convert to 7 wide? :)

I'm not clever enough for the 7 studs format this time! :blush:

Another great MOC! I like your work, and here again everything is close to the prototype. Wonderful engine.

This is freaking awesome. I've never seen that train before but from the photos it looks like an official Model Team style super-accurate recreation. Superb. 

8 hours ago, Capparezza said:

No wonder the train operator has a happy smile on his face, this engine is just gorgeous :thumbup:

Lol :laugh:

I had never thought about this funny theory ... maybe the driver of the BR 01 is sad because dislikes steam locomotives :grin:

br01-1075-011.jpg

15 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Lol :laugh:

I had never thought about this funny theory ... maybe the driver of the BR 01 is sad because dislikes steam locomotives :grin:

Wouldn't you be grumpy too, if you had to get dirty and shovel coal the whole day? :tongue:

How is that transparent crocodile sticker made? Just a transparent sticky foil? Is it selfmade at all?

10 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Wouldn't you be grumpy too, if you had to get dirty and shovel coal the whole day? :tongue:

Maybe yes :sweet:

10 hours ago, Capparezza said:

How is that transparent crocodile sticker made? Just a transparent sticky foil? Is it selfmade at all?

It's just a transparent sticky foil, but it isn't a self made work ...a friend do its for me

Very nice and realistic model, as usual for your creations and a must have for any italian trains enthusiast: so i am planning mine.

However i think that the challenge of a 7 stud version is within your reach...

I'm lacking in real life train knowledge.  My knowledge goes as far as visiting the Train Museum in Sacramento, and nothing more, there aren't many trains around here, though my city is getting some sexy light rail trains.

I think that the real life train that this is based off of is extremely ugly.

I think that your model of it is actually very attractive.  Not "attractive for basing it off of an ugly train" just good looking in general, I really like it.  Great build!

8 hours ago, Ex cinno said:

However i think that the challenge of a 7 stud version is within your reach...

Not now ...perhaps in the future! :wink:

1 hour ago, Breakdown said:

I think that your model of it is actually very attractive.  Not "attractive for basing it off of an ugly train" just good looking in general, I really like it.  Great build!

Thank you very much to appreciate this locomotive ...and the MOC of course! :sweet:

Nicely done! I'd love to know how you extended the grilles on the side. I love the realistic coupler on the front along with the striped plow. Do you use one or two PF motors? However, I can't help but notice how awkward the width looks in comparison to the height. I honestly think that it would look best in 8 wide with the front done in 7 wide.