Murdoch17

Victorian town-home with greenhouse and 1920's sedan

This build was based on LEGO set 4756 (called Shrieking Shack ) from the 2004 Harry Potter / Prisoner of Azkaban movie line, with a greenhouse from the C-model of the 2017 Creator set 31065 (Park Street Townhouse) and a sedan based on the one in the 2009 Indiana Jones set 7682 (Shanghai Chase). I also added a big front porch to complete the house's Victorian asthetic.

30573953274_d03915fbb7_z.jpg

The model swings open on two hinges, one for the main house so you can access the detailed inside, and a second in the greenhouse so you can open it up to place figures. Also, the front of the house is supposed to have a 1 x 1 number tile next to the front door, like this one here.

30573953114_45df96b00b_z.jpg

In the original Harry Potter set there was a secret passage in the chimney, which I have removed. Also, the model locks shut on two Technic pins, just like most of my buildings. One pin is in the main part of the house, while another is in the green house.

30573953194_df572770db_z.jpg

The inside features a bed, inspired by set 10228 (Monster Fighters' Haunted House) staircase with railing, couch, telephone, and phonograph. The kitchen area has a stove, sink, plus a table and two chairs.

30573953254_77d951f18a_z.jpg

The greenhouse area was inspired by the similar version  from the C-model of the 2017 Creator set 31065 (Park Street Townhouse). My version is a bit bigger with an eight stud wide window roof, whereas the original set has a 6 wide top.

31119699281_c83f58aa5f_z.jpg

This model was based off of set 7682 (Shanghai Chase) from 2009, plus a sloped rear design inspired by the yellow car from set 10200 (Custom Car Garage).

30866459600_7a2935d0ba_z.jpg

The model can seat two figures side by side and has opening doors.

BUILDER'S NOTES:

The LDD file is  is available here. This page will will also be updated when the house is built in real life with real pictures.

Any and all comments questions, and / or complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

The ldd file has been added since MOCpages is back up! 

31251516932_714fe8dea2_z.jpg

The pictures have been updated to include some change to the model I made, such as a expanded front porch and revised rear greenhouse.

Enjoy!

Looks good!  Looking forward to hopefully seeing the build.  I love that you've added a hinged wall to the greenhouse. 

On 12/10/2016 at 6:35 PM, eanair said:

Looks good!  Looking forward to hopefully seeing the build.  I love that you've added a hinged wall to the greenhouse. 

Thank you! I should have this built by the middle of January... maybe sooner. The car to be used has been replaced with this one here, which I already have built.