SilentWolf

[MiniChal - COR] Mafia of Charlatan Bay

30341030884_ef40ef4a96_c.jpg

Introducing Mr. Mandamento, the leader of the Mafia of Charlatan Bay by right of inheritance by blood and power.  His commands are unquestioned in the gang and respected in the Mafia in the world at large. 

His second in command, Mr. Rossi, oversees all the day to day operations of the gang and their business dealings. 

30355012083_a8c60ddaa8_c.jpg

Mr. Mandamento: Mr. Rossi, call a meeting of all the overseers of our enterprises. We will meet at exactly 2:37 pm tomorrow. 

In the morning, the entire crew had assembled. 

30341038024_e158806d69_c.jpg

Mr. Mandamento (at 2:37 pm precisely): I am glad you could all make it here today. I wouldn't have wanted to need to permanently exclude any of you in the future. 
   As you have noticed, there has been an influx in various criminal gangs in Charlatan Bay over the course of the last several months. At first, I ignored it because what harm could a few children and miscreants do. However, their early successes have caused them to be emboldened. They believe that they rule the city despite that all they have done is squeeze a measly few pennies from a few poor souls. It is time that we show them that they do not rule Charlatan Bay. Rather, it is the Mandamento family and all who serve them who are the real rulers of all enterprises above the law. It was just nine months ago, that we relocated to Charlatan Bay that we might expand our business into both the newly discovered world and maintain our control on the Old lands without interference of those pesky kings and priests and lords. Here we are protected from any criminal investigations and can spread our enterprises without hindrance. Now we will assert our dominance on Charlatan Bay's underworld and guarantee that no one dares cross us in the future. 
Mr. Moretti, our accountant and planner, has prepared assignments for each of you. They reference what gangs you should seek out and how much you should demand they pay us. Use each of your specialties and make them pay if they do not do so immediately.

Mr. Moretti
30341024364_da91fe1f37_c.jpg

Luka (Specialty: collecting money from those of wealth who may have acquired it illegally. Skill: fencing and dueling - purportedly he has won 17 duels in his life.)
30355006673_8c9b304e88_c.jpg

Tiberio (Specialty: blackmailing women of wealth. Skill: Magic tricks and kidnapping.)
30355008953_b3826be9bf_c.jpg

Bruno (Specialty: forceful seizure. Skill: his massive size and strength lend to terror and his brute force does not dissuade from this emotion.)
30355001853_df797a6ac0_c.jpg

Dante (Specialty: Delivering terror on those most hardened in crime. Skill: Assassinations and threats of the same.)
30355004453_fc91543717_c.jpg

Riccardo (Specialty: Distraction of targets and relaxation of Mafia. Skill: Music.) 
30355010703_3ebca33508_c.jpg

Mercede (Specialty: Cooking and cleaning. Skill: no known, primary job as Mr. Mandamento's niece is to maintain their dwelling and keep their kitchen stocked. There is rumor among others that she has killed up to 13 men in her life. No evidence has ever been seen even among the Mafia, but she does keep that knife in her belt at all times.)
30354999843_98345cb5aa_c.jpg

Marco (Specialty: Being a pain. Skill: Being Mr. Mandamento's bumbling nephew and Mercede's younger brother.)
30794779780_f7db30ef93_c.jpg

Mr. Mandamento: Luka and Tiberio open the vault and provide whatever weapons the various crews need to complete their missions. 
Marco: What weapons should I take, uncle. I may need a pistol, but I have my knife and mace and...
Mr. Mandamento: None! What are you doing here? Go with your sister and make sure the cleaning and cooking are done. The men will be hungry tonight. Then lightening his tone: One day, you may lead the Mandamento family, but for now you must learn the business one lesson at a time. Obedience is the lesson today.

Marco left joyfully for he shall be the boss soon; his uncle said so. At least, that is what he heard.
30341034024_6dcee5ed94_c.jpg

Edited by SilentWolf
Forgot a member

Great figs Silentwolf! My favourite would probably be Luka, I don't recognise that torso, but it's great! The background scene is very nice, especially the armoury. Great entry!

Neat figs and good work on the descriptions too!  The interior looks good too, I like how you included a little storeroom at the back! :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great figs Silentwolf! My favourite would probably be Luka, I don't recognise that torso, but it's great! The background scene is very nice, especially the armoury. Great entry!

Luka's torso is an Indiana Jones torso I picked up at a build a minifigure area. It works well in many different era builds. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Neat figs and good work on the descriptions too!  The interior looks good too, I like how you included a little storeroom at the back! :thumbup:

Thank you! The descriptions were fun to think up  

40 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Nice figs.  I like that secret space behind the bookshelf.  :classic:

Thanks! The hidden room was the idea that really pulled this build together. That and the fig barf were my favorite parts.

The office comes in at exactly 24x16 with the hidden room extending behind to 24 studs. 

Seems like the other gangs of Charlatan Bay are about to receive an offer they cannot refuse.

Convincing characters, lovely depiction, great gentlemen's club... and yes, that secret storage room is a pretty cool idea :thumbup:

Would be sweet to see some more of this honorable family one day.

This is one of my favorite gangs for this mini-challenge. Great concept, interesting characters, good story, and very nice interior MOC. I echo KB that I would like to see more of these characters in the future. :thumbup: