JDbricks

[MOC] Desert Skiff(s)

Hey what's up. :grin:

I know it's not 100% accurate, but I mainly wanted to make it the color it is in ROTJ. (I don't know why LEGO keeps making them brown.)

It still needs work (especially the front), but with the pieces I have with me, this is what I've got:

IMG_0206IMG_0210

"Boba Fett? Boba Fett, where?"

IMG_0209

Thanks for looking.

-JD

Edited by JDbricks

You have the colour right!

And shapes are true to the original, for that matter.
Now you only Jabba's sail barge anymore. (;

- Samppu

Woohoo! That second skiff looks great! First one looked good too, nice jetpack flames :)

We're getting a new Desert Skiff next year :)

Wow really great work! I like the side rail. It has a nice smooth look to it all the way through. I think the first one has a nice color scheme, though the second one is more size accurate. Both look great though!

The 2nd one you made actually looks better than the 2017 official LEGO model. I know the dark tan is a more accurate color, but it looks so bland compared to the reddish brown. I quite prefer the latter.

21 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Woohoo! That second skiff looks great! First one looked good too, nice jetpack flames :)

We're getting a new Desert Skiff next year :)

Thanks for the kind words! I'm stoked for the new Skiff! Hopefully I can get it for a reasonable price. 

14 hours ago, jhaelego said:

Those look really nice!

10 hours ago, FishW said:

Wow really great work! I like the side rail. It has a nice smooth look to it all the way through. I think the first one has a nice color scheme, though the second one is more size accurate. Both look great though!

Thanks! I appreciate it. :grin:

10 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

The 2nd one you made actually looks better than the 2017 official LEGO model. I know the dark tan is a more accurate color, but it looks so bland compared to the reddish brown. I quite prefer the latter.

hehe. I dunno if mine is better, well... maybe just a wee bit. :tongue: I'll hold my judgement 'till the set is out. I do agree that the accurate color is kinda bland, though.

Cheers!

- JD

14 hours ago, JDbricks said:

I made a Sarlacc to go with it. 

I like it better without that huge beaked tongue.

Kind of a pre-special editions model. Looks pretty accurate for a mini build! Nice work!

On 2/3/2017 at 8:25 AM, FishW said:

Kind of a pre-special editions model. Looks pretty accurate for a mini build! Nice work!

:grin: Thanks! Yeah, I was kinda going for a pre-special edition look, I like it better. 

On 2/4/2017 at 2:27 AM, TenorPenny said:

The side rail on the second posted version works especially well.

Thanks! I like the way it turned out as well. :sweet: