Takanuinuva

Want to move on from brickshelf

I want to take most of my photos from brickshelf and repost them to a better image hosting site like my deviantart. Problem is most of the images aren't on my laptop anymore. And I really don't want to have to copy and paste each individual picture into paint and save them. Is there any way to mass copy all the images? I know Ctrl-S will save a webpage but does it save all the images? 

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I really don't want to have to copy and paste each individual picture into paint and save them.

It may be a bit offtopic and not very useful for mass saving pictures, but almost all pictures on the web can be easily saved. Click on a selected picture with your right mouse button and select an option saying "save image as..." or something very similar. There's no need to copy it into paint. :P

If you have DownThemAll installed in your browser, I can send a list of files and a renaming mask that should let you grab everything at once with the folder structure intact. I'd offer to get it myself but it looks like over 500Mb of stuff there - my mobile interbutts can't handle uploading an archive that big.

The earlier mentioned BSbackup worked fine the last time I used it. Having said that, that was a couple of years ago :laugh:

9 hours ago, inkpanther said:

It may be a bit offtopic and not very useful for mass saving pictures, but almost all pictures on the web can be easily saved. Click on a selected picture with your right mouse button and select an option saying "save image as..." or something very similar. There's no need to copy it into paint. :P

That seems like the best option without having to download anything addtional. But will it save the image as its full size?

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

That seems like the best option without having to download anything addtional. But will it save the image as its full size?

Well, it should, assuming you opened a page where it's displayed using full size image. But! Why would you want to save them manually? It still is going to be a pain to save all pictures this way. I think you should give BSBackup a try if other users are suggesting it. Judging from the picture it's a pretty straightforward tool: you select a place on your disk where you want to save pictures, and you write in a username so the program knows what it's supposed to download.

Edit: I may have incorrectly assumed that you are using a Windows machine, but if you're using Mac or Linux the program wont work...

Edited by inkpanther

Agree with inkpanther: the best solutions seemsto be BS Backup. It is way better than other options.
If you have not a Windows PC, I think it will not be too difficult to find one next you to use for few minutes.

Edited by Calabar

8 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Alright I'll give bs backup a try. It will work for windows 10 right?

You don't have to install anything, just download and run. I tried running it yesterday and it seems to work fine on Windows 10. :classic:

Even if for whatever reason it does not work, you can always right click on the .exe and run in compatibility mode (e.g. run as if you have Windows XP or Windows 7).

10 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Why would you want to do this when Brickshelf rules? :tongue:

Well looking at all the pictures I have uploaded. Most of them are still in my hardrive. And any that I don't have aren't really worth backing up as there either older versions of the moc or too blurry. So I'll be sticking with Brickshelf for now unless it goes down like Majhost. (Though I seriously hope not for other peoples sake)

Unless someone else wants to put there two cents in. I feel this topic can be locked now.

Necro-ing this thread since it's what I came across in my search for a solution.  I'm using BS Backup on Windows 10 and it hangs on "getting list...".  I've tried running as admin and compatibility modes.  I've also sent an email to the author in the off chance of getting a response.  I will update if I find a solution.

Posting here to see if anyone has any ideas or other solutions.

I think the problem is the program trying to connect to brickshelf using http instead of https.