Sign in to follow this  
npgcole

LEGO City Undercover being ported to other platforms 2017

14 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I just don't see how they'd make it work. You can't just leave off the camera controls—if anything, I'd think they'd be even MORE important when you have another player running around with you in the game.

I doubt they went in on Switch development without even considering the option, especially considering that multiplayer is such a big feature of this rerelease and that the ability to separate the joycons is such a big feature of the Switch. So I can only imagine that they considered the option and found it to be lmpractical.

Even if it is impractical it should be included as an option.

For those of you who want to play it in (almost) Full HD on PC (there is a bug with that you can't agree to the changes in the settings):

1. start the game, wait until you are in the menu and exit it properly
2. Go to %appdata%\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGO City Undercover
3. Change the following lines (might work for other resolutions, too):
ScreenWidth                   1920
ScreenHeight                  1080
WindowWidth                   1920
WindowHeight                  1079

4. delete the "CachedShaders" folder
5. Start the game

You can change the resolution ingame, too but you will probably get a black screen at 1080p. The first cutscene seems to be directly taken from the original game and thus has only a decent quality.

Edited by Tcm0

On 03/04/2017 at 9:25 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Agreed. I am likewise pissed that I can't play multiplayer on one PS4 controller...

On 4/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

By "impractical" I mean "not even fully functional". Camera controls are not just optional but essential for a game like this, particularly for the open-world sections, since those sections are not a first-person or over-the-shoulder game (save for most vehicles) that could control the camera based on the player's position alone, nor is it an on-rails experience (save for the sub-missions that leave the open world) that can control the camera based on the player's position in a straightforward, relatively linear level. Including a fundamentally broken control option that would force player two to drop out of the game on a regular basis so that player one could have a full-featured control scheme would be far, far worse than merely limiting the control options on the Switch version of the game to one that has equivalent functionality and availability to those available on other systems.

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

By "impractical" I mean "not even fully functional". Camera controls are not just optional but essential for a game like this, particularly for the open-world sections, since those sections are not a first-person or over-the-shoulder game (save for most vehicles) that could control the camera based on the player's position alone, nor is it an on-rails experience (save for the sub-missions that leave the open world) that can control the camera based on the player's position in a straightforward, relatively linear level. Including a fundamentally broken control option that would force player two to drop out of the game on a regular basis so that player one could have a full-featured control scheme would be far, far worse than merely limiting the control options on the Switch version of the game to one that has equivalent functionality and availability to those available on other systems.

I disagree, I'd rather the option was there regardless.

19 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I disagree, I'd rather the option was there regardless.

That's just silly.  There is a limited number of games that can be successful with the split Joycon approach.  This is not one of them.  Too bad, I guess.