Sign in to follow this  
npgcole

LEGO City Undercover being ported to other platforms 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/801078089417687040?p=v

LEGO City Undercover is re-releasing on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. Also, notice Chase's new uniform in the picture. Logo's slightly different too. Guess there's some slight differences.

Great for people who don't own a Wii U! Guess this explains Chase's appearance in LEGO Dimensions  and a 2017 City set.

I have this game on the Wii U, and it's a gem of a game. Cheap HD remaster or not, I can warmly recommend it.

Also, it's coming out on the PC as well: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/11/22/lego-city-undercover-port-coming-to-nintendo-switch-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc/ If the picture in the tweet is anything to go by, it looks like it's getting an update with newer sets as well.

2 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

yep, another cheap HD remaster to tie into Lego Dimensions like the exclusive HD remaster of Lego Harry Potter for PS4

Considering that LEGO City Undercover is one of the best LEGO video games, I'm not complaining! Having the original game on more systems also boosts the chances of an eventual sequel IMO, which is pretty cool (I'd love to see a sequel that introduces co-op gameplay and plays on "buddy cop" tropes). I'm really glad this IP is getting another day in the sun!

I wonder if this is worth getting again even though I already have the Wii U one...

Ah, who am I kidding? Of course it is.

35 minutes ago, The Lego Nolan said:

So apparently this will be more than just a remaster/port. 

Really? Good to know. I was kind of thinking that because of the promo image (which uses a new logo as well as a new uniform for Chase McCain).

Edited by Lyichir

10 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Really? Good to know. I was kind of thinking that because of the promo image (which uses a new logo as well as a new uniform for Chase McCain).

I hope that the old uniform will still be available, as I much prefer it compared to the new one. 

Just now, The Lego Nolan said:

I hope that the old uniform will still be available, as I much prefer it compared to the new one. 

Considering how many disguises/outfits will be available even if it is just an updated rerelease, it seems logical that the classic uniform would be unlockable as well.

33 minutes ago, The Lego Nolan said:

You will be able to have 2 players. 

Is that confirmed? If so, nice! I wonder what character player two will control?

New video.

Confirms 2 player. Also I'm concerned about progress. Some characters have their old costumes.

Edited by jhuyser

This is awesome! I was disappointed when I learned this was a Wii U exclusive but to see this finally coming to other platforms is amazing. I finally get to play this game! A lot of the disguises come from the CMF line which is neat to see.

Has anyone who has played this game on the Wii U know if this is an open world(I.E. GTA, Crackdown, Etc.) where I can do almost anything or does it force you to follow a linear story path like the rest with the open world parts mixed into the levels and the main hub or hubs? I've read this is a sandbox game and the site's info seems to back that up. Just how big a world is this if it is open world? Lastly how does the 100% path work in this game? Is it the same as the last or like GTA with objectives, events, and of course the main story sprinkled throughout the world?

Edited by Tech Artist

2 hours ago, Tech Artist said:

Has anyone who has played this game on the Wii U know if this is an open world(I.E. GTA, Crackdown, Etc.) where I can do almost anything or does it force you to follow a linear story path like the rest with the open world parts mixed into the levels and the main hub or hubs? I've read this is a sandbox game and the site's info seems to back that up. Just how big a world is this if it is open world? Lastly how does the 100% path work in this game? Is it the same as the last or like GTA with objectives, events, and of course the main story sprinkled throughout the world?

It's a complete open world. You can't access everything in the beginning (probably so that you can get used to the game without forgetting where you have to go) and the game tries to move you to continue with the story but you aren't forced to do it. You can run around in the world after completing the game. Some quests are on the open world but there are some old school levels, too.

It's a relatively large world but they cheated a bit (there is a mountain that you can't fly over and there is a bay in the middle of the map). Still I'd say that it's larger than the world of lego marvel super heroes. You have to complete the story and the side quests to reach 100%. But the side quests can become a bit repetetive and some of them are that you have to collect something etc.

New vehicle trailer 

I still see that some characters still have their old costumes. So hopefully they speed progress up.

Edited by jhuyser

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I'm not happy about this game not having support for one pair of JoyCons multiplayer. Way to treat your fans, Traveller's Tales... :hmpf_bad:

I feel like that would have been relatively difficult to implement. The Wii U version used both control sticks, one for the camera and one for movement controls, so it would presumably be challenging to provide the same control options to two individual controllers with only one stick each.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I feel like that would have been relatively difficult to implement. The Wii U version used both control sticks, one for the camera and one for movement controls, so it would presumably be challenging to provide the same control options to two individual controllers with only one stick each.

Still should be providing the option.

9 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Still should be providing the option.

I just don't see how they'd make it work. You can't just leave off the camera controls—if anything, I'd think they'd be even MORE important when you have another player running around with you in the game.

I doubt they went in on Switch development without even considering the option, especially considering that multiplayer is such a big feature of this rerelease and that the ability to separate the joycons is such a big feature of the Switch. So I can only imagine that they considered the option and found it to be lmpractical.