MRP_

[HELP] Ev3 stair climber program

so I recently was tasked with programming an Ev3 stair climber. I had some trouble figuring it out, and even after copying lego's code that they show on their website, I wasn't able to get it to work. If anyone is good with the Ev3, I could really use some help.

this is what it's supposed to do

lego's non working program

https://le-www-live-s.legocdn.com/sc/media/files/ev3-program-descriptions/ev3-program-description-stairclimber-950a69a9b493a05232ac9f5cf1572e56.pdf

thanks!

well alll it does is drive forwards, until you push the button plugged into port 3, then it just kind of jerks forwards and backwards for a second and stops. it's supposed to drive forwards until it starts going up the wall, then the gyro sensor starts lowering the rear wheels to push it up unto the step. 

Thank you !!!  Sir, any chance I can have the program file for the stair climber.  We are stuck with the myblock command ... its not very clear from the lego pdf file.

I'm having the same difficulty with the program. Can someone shed some light on the matter by sharing the .ev3 file here? 

It looks like a lot of folks have had trouble finding details behind the Lego EV3 Stair Climber program as I did.  The pdf provided by Lego shows a "My Block" without any information as to what it contains.  Also, the current version of the EV3 Classroom app available for download does not have any of the expansion set models in it, and I can't see any way to update it to get those models.  Fortunately, I found the following example of a Pybricks program for the Stair Climber.  If nothing else, this provides the logic behind the entire program:

Pybricks Stair Climber Program

Finally, here is a link to an image of the EV3 program I made using the above as a guide.  You might have to tweak some of the settings, but this works for me.

EV3 Stair Climber Program

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Paul

P.S.--Video of stair climber robot in action:  Video

Edited by pdmarsh