Sign in to follow this  
Antak

Ekimu, Protector of Okoto

I decided to do a new Ekimu model for my bionicle 2017 project, with a bit more of a takanuva vibe to it. It ended up being way too close to the 2016 set, but it has some really neat details. And I'm going to modify the legs as soon as I do another bricklink order.

ekimu_front_by_antak3000-dap7w0d.jpg

He uses his protector mask since Makuta destroyed the mask of creation in their last battle. his warhammer was also broken, so he crafted a new staff weapon.

ekimu__protector_of_okoto_by_antak3000-d

The staff is styled heavily off takanuva's staff in the mask of light film. it has a sleek, simple look to it.

ekimu_torso_build_by_antak3000-dap7w1x.j

Rather than kill his brother, makuta destroyed his mask and scratched out the mask maker symbol on Ekimu's chest. I used a silver sticker that I cut for this. 

One of the cool things about the torso is the chain and rope I added to justify the really out of place looking belt print on his left shoulder. this is more visible from the back but it lines up really well.

ekimu_back_by_antak3000-dap7w21.jpg

The gearbox is not functional, I used it to spread the shoulders out and store weapons. Ekimu still has his crafting hammer and saw shield. A disk of spare ammo is on the back under the shield

ekimu_back_by_antak3000-dap7w0m.jpg

The hammer can be flipped forward like a cannon.

ekimu_shoulder_gun_by_antak3000-dap7vyz.

ekimu_vs_spectrahk_by_antak3000-dap7xdq.

As a bonus, here is a kraata containment cell I designed. Its simple but cool looking.

kraata_containment_cylinder_closed_by_an

One of my spare shadow kraata lives here now.

kraata_containment_cylinder_by_antak3000

I'm still not happy about how close he is to 2016 ekimu, so an suggestions would be appreciated. I'm thinking of giving him the double sided leg armor that the master kopaka set had, with uniter armor on the upper legs or starters.