VaderFan2187

LEGO Errors!

Hello all!

Here is a place to list all errors that have been found from LEGO! :classic:

Feel free to contribute :sweet:

Here are what I have:

In BrickBros UK's "Rogue Error", they pointed out a mistake on the Krennic's Shuttle set box!

Another one I found is at the online LEGO shop, after I read one of the reviews. https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Rebel-U-Wing-Fighter-75155 The U-wing fighter's shop.lego.com image shows the Rebel Trooper from the TIE Striker as part of the set, instead of the U-wing Pilot. One customer pointed out in his review that he was disappointed by the lack of that trooper. 

Do y'all have any others? :classic:

A couple I remember. One a recent Creator set had an unusual picture glitch on the house, like a crappy Picasso picture where a normal piece should be.  A few years ago one of the small PotC set had picture showing shiny gold brick pieces but only flat gold pieces were included.

Also, in the Resistance Troop Transporter, the back shows 3 medium blasters and 1 pistol, but the set contains 2 medium blasters and 2 pistols.

LEGO Star Wars 75140 Resistance Troop Transporter

Minor issue, but may confuse some.

Going way back, I remember one of the original Aquaraiders instructions from 1997 having a logo in the corner that was inconsistent with the rest of the Aquaraiders. And who can forget that Aquazone polybag set from 1998 or 1999 where the character given was a mishmash of an Aquashark and an Explorien?

Major error is discolouration in bricks resulting in slighty different shades of colour from same box, more noticeable in white of course.

This topic has definitely been covered on the EB boards before. If there's a friendly mod around, perhaps they could merge this thread with the last one.

If not, here are a couple of errors:

Powerful is misspelt "powerfull" with two l's on this tile which appeared in three sets.

One of the Vikings sets is variously shown with either one viking minifigure such as on the cover of the instructions or two minifigures such as on the box art and inside the instructions. If memory serves, the set actually came with two minifigures so the cover of the instructions and various promotional publications were wrong. 

Edited by AmperZand

On 11/26/2016 at 1:58 PM, AmperZand said:

Powerful is misspelt "powerfull" with two l's on this tile which appeared in three sets.

Oh yes! I have that tile and it kinda bugged me a little.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I spotted an error in official images of a forthcoming set. Rather than start a new thread, I thought it best to append my observation to an existing one.

In the Ninjago Movie dragon mech pictured immediately below, the 1 x 3 sand green plate on the back left leg (picture right) is a stud lower than it should be. The right leg appears to be OK. You can see the right leg - and therefore the difference - more clearly in the second picture.

The error can also be seen in the box art (not shown in this thread but can be found here) which is a bit unfortunate.

70612_alt2.jpg

70612_alt7.jpg

There were errors in the box art of many of the Viking sets. This one, for example ...

phpMO0xNN.jpg

Take a look at the axe head - it is a complete ring. Whereas in the instructions they got it right and used the clip version instead.

002.jpg

Then there was the BTTF SHEILD / SHIELD error.

Brickset_Lego_BackToTheFuture_FluxCapaci

5 hours ago, AmperZand said:

In the Ninjago Movie dragon mech pictured immediately below, the 1 x 3 sand green plate on the back left leg (picture right) is a stud lower than it should be.

It actually appears to be 1/2 stud too low, which has me puzzling over its construction now. Thanks for pointing this out.

24 minutes ago, rodiziorobs said:

It actually appears to be 1/2 stud too low, which has me puzzling over its construction now. Thanks for pointing this out.

I bet there is a pin with a hollow stud in the hole of the ratchet joint and someone just attached the plate a half stud down. 

@MAB The interesting thing about that viking box is that it means that axe head exists or existed in some form as a ring type piece. The vikings sets seem to predate Lego having CGI good enough for box art, so the axe head must have originally been designed like that.

52 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Nya's Water Strider has an error on its leg too. Can you spot the difference? :tongue:

Given that both the green dragon mech and the water strider are from the same range and being released together, it wouldn't surprise me if the same person was responsible for both gaffes. I wonder what bizarre pathology this person has that they only make mistakes on left legs! *huh* 

On 3 July 2017 at 3:51 PM, MAB said:

Then there was the BTTF SHEILD / SHIELD error.

*insert picture here*

Lego is still offering pieces to people who have the "sheild" spelling mistake and haven't yet received the corrected piece. How do I know this? I received mine last week.

Edited by J4ck

On 11/07/2017 at 6:45 PM, J4ck said:

Lego is still offering pieces to people who have the "sheild" spelling mistake and haven't yet received the corrected piece. How do I know this? I received mine last week.

While you're there, Did you ordered via the missing/broken parts form?

Or should I rather contact them via e-mail? If so, what did you ask exactly? (i.e. part reference number)

I ask that to avoid getting the misprinted part again, as I know many people had that problem when ordering shortly after they corrected it (which is why I waited... and then finally never ordered the part)

2 hours ago, antp said:

Or should I rather contact them via e-mail? If so, what did you ask exactly? (i.e. part reference number)

I ask that to avoid getting the misprinted part again, as I know many people had that problem when ordering shortly after they corrected it (which is why I waited... and then finally never ordered the part)

I ordered via broken parts form. And I recieved the correct spelling piece.

Edited by J4ck

On 13/07/2017 at 6:54 AM, antp said:

That was a problem at the time, as the picking staff were apparently unaware of the error, or indeed the existence of the corrected part. I think by now they know about it, and have only the correct ones. I know at the time I got sent a wrong replacement. Someone else I know had three incorrect ones sent before finally getting the correct one!

In the set 8969 4-Wheeling Pursuit, you can clearly see two colorful bricks underneath the helicopter, used for photographing the set, but for whatever reason, they forgot to photoshop them out:

14663.png

This might as well have been intentional, but a lot of the early Bionicle sets, which were among the first to feature CGI Box Arts, were being shown in poses they couldn't actually achieve, such as bent knees, and rotated heads (which those early sets couldn't actually do):

8535-1.png

Edited by Lego David

I can't believe how fast time flies... it feels like just yesterday they were releasing LEGO Ninjago Movie sets... yet they r abt 4 years old already... sheesh... 

On 5/16/2021 at 8:47 PM, Robert8 said:

The CMF cgis have several mistakes as well

LEGO® Minifigúrka 8803 - Tanečnica Hula - Kockalega.sk | Špecializovaná  predajňa LEGO® | Predaj LEGO® stavebníc | LEGO® obchod | BratislavaCollectable Minifigures | 2012 | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

What mistakes? The hula girl has poor printing, but that's... oohhh... I noticed halfway thru writing this.... LEGO legs can't make those movements smh lol

40 minutes ago, Drew15 said:

What mistakes?

I meant the skirt on the Hula Girl and the missing hooves on the Minotaur

Hope it's OK to resurrect a long dead thread but thought I'd share an error I spotted on the front and back box art of promotional set 40712 Micro Rocket Launchpad.

40712_Box1_v39.png?format=webply&fit=bou 

40712_Box5_v39.png?format=webply&fit=bou

The error is the 2 x 2 light bley cone attached to the rocket's base. It's not supposed to be part of the rocket; it's part of the launchpad. The instructions show it being added to the launchpad on page 17.

You can be sure the instructions are right and the box art wrong rather than the other way around because when you attach the rocket to the transporter, you can't put it in the fully vertical position when the bley cone is attached: the transporter's black thruster cone is in the way.