Sign in to follow this  
Captain Pirate Man

Top 10 Pirate Forts

I agree with first 5 top sets, but the set 6279 skull island i will put it immediately number 6, honestly i see it can also can be number 5 :)

Cheers!

I totally agree with your list here! I feel pretty proud to own 5 of these sets!

9 hours ago, VintageLegoEra said:

I agree with first 5 top sets, but the set 6279 skull island i will put it immediately number 6, honestly i see it can also can be number 5 :)

Cheers!

Maybe Skull island got the short end of the stick? It was Lagoon Lock up that kept it at bay tbh. ?

8 hours ago, azog said:

I totally agree with your list here! I feel pretty proud to own 5 of these sets!

Which 5?

I own RIR, EF, ITP, All 2015 sets, and my wife and I made our own lagoon lock up/ saber island combo set. We used grey instead of white for it. 

Its the 2009 sets that I need to invest more money into ?

As a kid I had RIR, ITP, Lagoon Lock up, forbidden island, and a bunch more that are not in this list.

Nice video!

The top 3 were a given, although the order could shuffle depending on personal preference... i'd put Eldorado first.

Big shock for me was seeing Forgotten Island so high, which is not that great of a set IMO. Several candidates (definitely Skull Island) could have topped that one.

The reason why I rated forbidden island rather high is because; for one it is a beautiful set, and two of I didn't I would get people talking about that one, just like folks have been talking about skill island. ?

But as I said in the video, it is a flawed set.

Hi Mike!

I must confess that i like this video better than the one about pirate ships ;)

I mean, not that i have any knowledge about lego forts or ships at all, but still i find Your fort list better, in a matter of both - playability, design, and in the sentimental way ;) 

...while with pirate ships i'm definitely much more a classic sets kind of a guy... just because new ships are bigger doesn't make them any better in my own eyes ;)

well, i think that Your pick number one - imperial ship - is actually ugly and wouldn't bother buying it even for parts as i would prefer to buy more classic ships instead ;)

Same with other classic ships... for me first soldier's ship is way better and prettier than this whole ugly black pearl, with terrible terrible sails ;)

but... as this is my own opinion... going back to forts, as said above, i do agree with Your choices, especially the top of the list as the pirate rock fortress in my favorite pirate set next to barracuda ;)  

Edited by Mazin

Thanks for your thoughts. These rank videos I make are meant to spark discussion, not as "such and such is THE best". Which I'm not saying that is your intent. I am just saying I appreciate your thoughts and opinions. I am not claiming to be any sort of authority. So there is no wrong answers here, I just appreciate the discussion. ?

Hello!

As far as i can remember i was a huge Pirates theme fan back in the days, when i was a child. Now, it is a little bit different, but i still have the 6277 Imperial Trading Post, and it is one of my top favourite Lego sets of all time! I like that cargo ship in it very much! And of course the red coats! :laugh:

Rock Island Refuge is really a very nice set too! I remember in Hungary, it was named Jamaica Harbour. :sweet: Deserves first place on your list! I totally agree with the first five.

Edited by Lazer

On 12/11/2016 at 8:14 AM, Captain Pirate Man said:

Thanks, I appreciate that. I absolutely LOVE ITP also. Honestly I didn't expect to like Eldorado MORE than ITP, but I did. ?

The EF has a very distinguish taste ;-)

Sweet video, very nostalgic. Imperial Trading Post was one of my favorite sets as a kid and I still think its one of Lego's best sets ever. Also miss the Forbidden Island style multi-colored baseplates. Really miss the classic Pirates. 

I hope LEGO will produce an updated Eldorado Fortress one day..... 

Nice list :classic:

Thanks everybody!! I also wish they would do a reimagining of some of these sets. Not a complete rerelease, but maybe do a NEW ITP, EF, and RIR that keeps the spirit of the original but is a new design. 

Great list! I would have put the Soldiers Fort (set #6242) on number 5 instead of 6, but that could be because I own it and am slightly biased... :) Nice job!