Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[BH - Hutt] Moonlit Takedown

[Rom Mohc] If Agent An wanted you dead, you'd be dead. I take it as no coincidence that you received a non-fatal blow at point-blank range on the same planet with a newly operational cybernetics lab. But, these cybernetics are not cheap, nor are the localized holo projections you need to stay in business, as a shape-shifting assassin.

[Zaz Sikari] Thank you Herr Mohc, your skills, provisions, and counsel are appreciated, and I will pay my debts. 

As for you, my greatest of friends... the debt I owe you surpasses anything that my meager bounties could offer. Please know that I will always draw my sword by your side.

31004987852_502a13b47f_c.jpg

Commenor Bay by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

The wounded Clawdite assassin, Zaz Sikari, has little time to waste. He is lucky to be alive, but now must service a massive debt to the Xenovet corporation for his new cybernetics, as well as whatever it's going to cost to get a black market hologenerator around his new arm. Luckily his first target was an obvious one - a large bounty he had been avoiding because of the risk. The Hutt gangster was a protected guest of the Queen Mother, but his usual bodyguards were not welcome amongst Hapes's polite society so he was vulnerable to the unfamiliar faces of the monarch's private security. In the moonlit night within the capital's gardens, Zaz attacked...

30780847100_1e59ecaa1f_c.jpg

Hutt-Hapes by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

So much amazingness (is that even a word?), it's almost overwhelming! Really, I don't know where to look first. I literally couldn't take my eyes of the pictures – I found myself staring at the walls in the first image for a solid minute, just trying to wrap my brain around how you did that (without success, I might add)! Then I moved on to that Jedi Interceptor and man, that's quite something. Those wings are just amazing. And then the second image – a somewhat simpler build, but it makes up for it a million times in style. Damn, that looks great. Alien and aestethical at the same time. Pure fantasticness (gee, your build makes me make up words, that's how much I like it)!

I very much agree with Cody Startale. Fantastic work on both scenes! The curved wall is really excellently designed and the starfighter is also impressively well built with all the slopes sliding together perfectly. The second scene is astonishing. The colors and vegetation looking stunning, especially with the vines on the structure and the vines that make up the purple tree. Fantastic work as always:thumbup: 

Wonderful wall (it looks like it took a long time); is it made of stacked jumper plates?

Digging the weathering on the ship, and nice callback to your older builds with Rom.  

Thanks guys. The wall is about 2000 jumpers (it goes further around and higher up) and it's sturdier than you would think, but would take a long time to fix if it did break. It also has a tendency to bow out a little bit. 

The Jedi Interceptor is not my design, 

You have Passed. The comments are below:

Pass: Some great techniques used here! I love the curved wall and the way you built the purple tree trunk. I would love to see a wider shot to see how both scenes fit together, but it's easy enough to tell you've met the size requirements. I do think the Jedi interceptor is nicely done using brick wings instead of plated ones, but I think the color scheme seems a little haphazard. Overall still a great entry though!

pass: it fits the requirements of the mission and contains interesting techniques.

Pass: Your bounty hunter definitely has a knack for picking out interesting locations! I love how cramped the hangar is with the ship barely fitting in and the wall displaying some irregularities suggesting some rough encounters with bad drivers (that's intentional, right :wink: ?) The perfect place for such a beaten up ship. I only wish you had taken it a little bit further by not letting us show the border of the build (as it does away a bit with the cramped feel and makes you wonder why they park in such a tight alcove while there is a bigger space right next to it) and by damaging the ship in more than just in its color. I love how you used photography to turn the eternal light on Hapes into something quite bleak and sinister. I like the interesting ground, but feel as if it could have been a more interesting interplay between vegetation and architecture. Still, a really nice and atmospheric build with the patience of building up that wall and the stroke of genius of pulling apart those pieces of string to give a wonderful sense of instability, rupture and claustrophobia in open air.