Sign in to follow this  
dimnico

[MOC] Phantom Menace - A Saga Begins

Hi guys, here is a little MOC I made of my favourite star wars poster, the Episode 1 teaser poster entitled 'Every Saga Has A Beginning' 

30574901930_e985984a22_c.jpgDSC_2328 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

I loved the poster, thought it was so evocative and I wanted to try and recreate it in lego as a 3d Model.

31012256362_ab88032a6a_c.jpg2016-11-21_02-01-55 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

The shadow was a bit tricky at first but I am pretty happy with how it turned out - if anyone has any other ideas on how to improve it I would love to know! 

30876055995_4df168de4e_c.jpgEpisode 1 - teaser by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

Anyway, there isnt much to this post as there is really only one angle this MOC works!

Hope you enjoy and any feedback, comments and advice welcome.

Thanks

Edited by dimnico

Looks good but I wonder if the shadow would standout more if it wasn't in the alcove.  Have you thought of building it on the outside with the same shape?

I'm torn. Jar-Jar aside, "little" Anakin was my least favorite thing about the prequels - he was just such an annoying, bad actor. Obviously, the set itself is excellently done, I just cringe at the source material.

4 hours ago, Bbafett said:

Looks good but I wonder if the shadow would standout more if it wasn't in the alcove.  Have you thought of building it on the outside with the same shape?

I think you are right. I'm going to mod this a bit and see if I can get that shadow more prominent. 

3 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

I'm torn. Jar-Jar aside, "little" Anakin was my least favorite thing about the prequels - he was just such an annoying, bad actor. Obviously, the set itself is excellently done, I just cringe at the source material.

I totally agree but when this poster first came out the imagery utterly blew me away. It was so evocative and it was the first new starwars poster in over 16 years. Admittedly episode 1 was a bit of a let down to say the least but this poster in my eyes still remains an excellent piece of art work and one of my favourite posters from the Saga! 

Wow I didn't notice the shadow at first glance, but once I saw it I can say I'm impressed! Seems well built and pretty accurate! Great job!