VBBN

Star Wars Constraction 2017 Discussion and Rumors

On 23.3.2017 at 7:08 PM, Leewan said:

Aren't they still available somewhere ? At least the 2016 sets ?

On 24.3.2017 at 4:12 AM, RetroInferno said:

Yeah wave 1 is still widely available, at a discount too depending on your location.

I have to admit that I haven't looked around in recent weeks (due to being super-busy IRL), but the weeks prior to that, the Stormtroopers happened to be the one set that's sold out everywhere. The others can be still found, but not the Stormy. Same applies to Captain Phasma IIRC.

Happened to get Jyn Erso as a birthday present today. I was waiting for her to go on clearance before I bought her and have a concept moc idea involving her torso piece.

7 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

How come I haven't seen any Boba Fett buildable figures, but have seen Jango Fett?

Jango came out in the first wave, which paired "good guys" and "bad guys" evenly. Jango was paired with Clone Commander Cody.

As for Boba, the main reason we haven't seen him yet is probably partly due to the fact that the Scout Trooper and Stormtrooper Commander releasing this summer will be the first wave of "legacy characters" since that original wave. All the interim waves have tied in specifically with new movie releases (The Force Awakens and Rogue One), neither of which included Fett.

I really do hope we end up seeing Darth Maul at some point. Also I wonder if we will be getting any constraction for the new movie

Not having Boba at some point would be a huge waste. They're not above copying previous builds *coughStormtrooperscough* so all they have to do is take Jango, change some colours and add his cape (which I think would be really good for "desert scavenger" type characters). The character is super popular and he's guaranteed to sell well.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact I badly, badly want sand green shells. Nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Shakar said:

Not having Boba at some point would be a huge waste. They're not above copying previous builds *coughStormtrooperscough* so all they have to do is take Jango, change some colours and add his cape (which I think would be really good for "desert scavenger" type characters). The character is super popular and he's guaranteed to sell well.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact I badly, badly want sand green shells. Nothing at all.

Yeah sure :wink:

The retiring of theses is confusing me because on the Lego.com (uk) some were retiring soon but the rest of the wave was absent and yeah.

4 hours ago, Shakar said:

I wouldn't count on a Boba Fett figure having Sand Green shells, since his helmet is really the only part of his armor in that color. The rest of his outfit is mostly yellow or dark green over grey.

Really, I think the main reason there hasn't been a Boba Fett figure is lack of opportunities. Everything between the first wave and this summer has been focused on movie characters. Next time we get a big wave of legacy characters he's a very viable candidate.

Edited by Aanchir

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, TheLunabrick said:

Also I wonder if we will be getting any constraction for the new movie

There's nothing 100% confirmed so far, but I would be really surprised if we don't.

7 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Next time we get a big wave of legacy characters he's a very viable candidate.

In this case we might as well wait for his own anthology movie. :tongue:  Speaking of which, the January or June 2018 wave could be dedicated to Han Solo's solo movie, and since Ep. IX doesn't come out until 2019 (May or December ?), we should get plenty of opportunities to see characters from previous movies / TV shows in Constraction form in the next couple of years. If Lego keeps the current schedule and if they don't put an end to the SW Constraction theme.

I'm relieved to see there's a 20€ set ; after the six Rogue One sets, which were all priced 25€, I was afraid there wouldn't be 20€ sets anymore. On another hand, I'm surprised to see that the biggest set will cost 35€, given how close it is to Darth Vader. I rather expected it to cost 30€, like Vader, so I wonder what can justify this difference.

2 minutes ago, Leewan said:

I'm relieved to see there's a 20€ set ; after the six Rogue One sets, which were all priced 25€, I was afraid there wouldn't be 20€ sets anymore. On another hand, I'm surprised to see that the biggest set will cost 35€, given how close it is to Darth Vader. I rather expected it to cost 30€, like Vader, so I wonder what can justify this difference.

Supreme Leader Snoke?

On 22/04/2017 at 1:45 PM, Aethersprite said:

Can't wait to see the large figure! This will be our first large CCBS SW figure since Grievous and Vader.

Forgive me if i've missed it, but did we get confirmation its a figure rather than another vehicle and character set?

As for who they are, i'm guessing;

Rey, Luke. Kylo, Snoke

Rey being the cheapest, Snoke being the most expensive

Possibly switching out Kylo with a Storm Trooper variant. Rey will almost certainly get an update as she had a very specific outfit for TFA and i doubt that will remain for TLJ

Edited by Scarilian

50 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Forgive me if i've missed it, but did we get confirmation its a figure rather than another vehicle and character set?

No, but given the price and the box size, it would have to be a small character with a small vehicle. Maz Kanata's hover-scooter ?

2 hours ago, Leewan said:

No, but given the price and the box size, it would have to be a small character with a small vehicle. Maz Kanata's hover-scooter ?

Did we see the boxes? must have missed those.

Though the main thing is with constraction that it can sometimes be unpredictable in regards to what you'll get - technic is seemingly cheaper to include so i could see a €19.99 (£14.99, $19.99) priced figure being given a technic vehicle or something and it being sold as a €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) set.

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Though the main thing is with constraction that it can sometimes be unpredictable in regards to what you'll get - technic is seemingly cheaper to include so i could see a €19.99 (£14.99, $19.99) priced figure being given a technic vehicle or something and it being sold as a €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) set.

I don't think we saw the prices, but I'd say that the price points are pretty good indications of box size. A CCBS/Technic vehicle for $35 would mean that either the figure or the vehicle would have to be really small, so my bet is on a larger figure...

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:

No, but there are some details on Brickset. As I said earlier, this is about the same size and weight as Darth Vader's box, so that gives us some clues about what's inside.

You know, if the last set would indeed be Snoke then just the new recolors and pieces would be awesome. Rumors say that in the movie he wears a red-and-gold bathrobe (of sorts), golden slippers (maybe new feet ? ) and generally looks like a Force-using space pimp. If that were to be true, then the pieces and the colors used in Snoke would be a MOC'ers wet dream.

https://www.amazon.de/Lego-Star-Wars-75531-Konstruktionsspiel/dp/B06X3RZDNH/ref=pd_sbs_21_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8EKNQ42PXH0D2QTT6EDX

Even though it probably wouldn't be too difficult to modify the figure, it's nice to see that the official set has a way to switch between the Stormtrooper Commander and a regular one. The pauldron is easily removable and instructions are provided to rebuild the weapon. I'm definitely getting two of these.

Pics for the other summer sets and the backs of their boxes are also up on the site. Too bad the stand is not removable from the Speeder bike, but it's still very nice.

5 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

https://www.amazon.de/Lego-Star-Wars-75531-Konstruktionsspiel/dp/B06X3RZDNH/ref=pd_sbs_21_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8EKNQ42PXH0D2QTT6EDX

Even though it probably wouldn't be too difficult to modify the figure, it's nice to see that the official set has a way to switch between the Stormtrooper Commander and a regular one. The pauldron is easily removable and instructions are provided to rebuild the weapon. I'm definitely getting two of these.

Pics for the other summer sets and the backs of their boxes are also up on the site. Too bad the stand is not removable from the Speeder bike, but it's still very nice.

Very nice! I had figured it would not be too hard to modify, but I wasn't necessarily expecting that feature to be included in the instructions or advertised in set pictures.

I've just noticed two rendering errors on the back of the box of the Stormtrooper : on the main picture, the shells on his left arm are swapped, and there is a 1M thick liftarm holding the scope, instead of a thin liftarm. :grin:

PS :

On 28/02/2017 at 6:52 PM, Leewan said:

I'm actually planning on ordering four flesh bones for Rey's arms, to replace the black ones.

Now that they're available, I've ordered them from Lego Direct (among other exotic CCBS parts), here's the result :

33746619583_d0ab8eb256.jpg

I actually don't think it looks that good, what do you guys think ?

1 hour ago, Leewan said:

I've just noticed two rendering errors on the back of the box of the Stormtrooper : on the main picture, the shells on his left arm are swapped, and there is a 1M thick liftarm holding the scope, instead of a thin liftarm. :grin:

PS :

Now that they're available, I've ordered them from Lego Direct (among other exotic CCBS parts), here's the result :

I actually don't think it looks that good, what do you guys think ?

Nope. At best, it looks like she has sleeves that are ratty and full of holes. At worst, it makes her look robotic—the contrast of the colored bones with the differently colored shells accentuates unclad areas that may not have been totally accurate, but also didn't attract too much attention in black. I'm not even particularly fond of the flesh-on-flesh solution used for Chirrut's bare arm; I'm even less so when it comes to areas that ought to be partially or completely covered.