danielvermeir

MOC The Captain's Daughter's Inn & Watermill

Hello All, 

As already seen on Brickmania Antwerp 2016 : The captain's daughter's inn and watermill

The Daughter of retired captain Albert opened an inn in the heart of the forrest next to an old watermill. 

At first, the watermill was out of use and the inn was struggling to survive, but since the new owners of the mill arrived and started to clean up the place bit by bit, more craftsmen and traders come to visit the inn.

30986098992_393249d0a7_z.jpgIMG_4593 by daniel vermeir

31015059191_045d149d50_z.jpgIMG_4623 by daniel vermeir

30308320694_473d63f732_z.jpgIMG_4599 by daniel vermeir

30986098012_116b82909c_z.jpgIMG_4596 by daniel vermeir

31092803276_e0d0114123_z.jpgIMG_4619 by daniel vermeir

Other pictures of the moc in the Flickr Album Flickr Daniel Vermeir

Hope you like it!

Yes, I saw it in real life at BMA, it's huge! The attention to detail is incredible. I love how everything is either angled, greebled, rounded or detailed in any other thinkable way! The area around the back of the house, with the dense foliage, relief and swampy atmosphere is my favorite part. :classic::thumbup: 

Wow! This is awesome! Everything blends together quite nicely! And the stonework looks really great! The only thing I can suggest is make the water one color studs, and the vegetation in between the front door, the bridge, and the path should have grass just like the rest of the build... Keep it up! You are doing great!

Excellent job!  The wall texturing is perfect, and the round base is a perfect fit with this style of MOC.  

Some more 1 x 2 plates would help the landscaping look more natural.  Another tree (with more foliage this time) would be good as well.

Overall, great job!

Thx for all the great comments. I know the build has certain points of improvement. If not, we would stop building because we cant do better the next one, that's my motto :)

@BrickCurve, i got some interesting techniques for a new tree from Juliandrius, so I am experimenting on that :) I know this one sucks a bit :) My tree skills need a lot of improvement :)

@TheLordOfBricks, i ran out of grassy elements, that's the main reason why i didn't put the whole base full of grass. Think it looks too naked too on that one side of the build. Also, I need to add more olive green grass too to break to uni-tone greenish look on the base. I am going to see if that water hint you gave me improves the build. Thx for that :)

7 hours ago, danielvermeir said:

I ran out of grassy elements, that's the main reason why i didn't put the whole base full of grass. Think it looks too naked too on that one side of the build. Also, I need to add more olive green grass too to break to uni-tone greenish look on the base. I am going to see if that water hint you gave me improves the build. Thx for that :)

No problem, yeah I understand with the grass, I need more olive green, and a lot more grass stalks... The water, yes, I have had lots of complaints about my water being different colors, I think it looks best if you use light trans. blue for a river... Although right at the watermill, it is interfering and turning the water, so it should move faster, so for about 5 studs long, it should be trans. clear. The way I think about it is depth, darkest is deepest, and interference from surrounding objects, the most interference, the lighter it should be... I just think it doesn't look quite as good with scattered studs... Wow, long comment for one subject. :P

This is absolutely incredible! The roofs and stonework are so well done! :thumbup::thumbup:

Beautiful creation with great  wall built!
Also i loved the roof techniques and especially the shape of the base around the moc!
Great job! :sweet: