Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

The King in his Garden

King Fernando Augusto VIII was restless, and pacing his bedroom would not do, as it held such bad memories for him now. He had signed the Magna Charta that De Chauncortois and the trade companies had forced on him, but they knew not what they had done. Fernando thought a late autumn stroll through his garden quite appropriate, with the summer flowers just withered stems now, and the trees soon to lose all their leaves. This was what the trade companies had brought on Eslandola: the cold death of winter's breeze nearer now than ever. They didn't know how lucky they had it, with a King to lead them. Fernando was sure that the new colonial government would descend Eslandola into chaos, and thus stagnation. "The trade companies will never be able to agree on anything! And I'll still be here. When they finally see the error of their ways, they'll come crawling back to me, looking to me to pull them out of the winter they've brought upon themselves. I will be the one to bring them spring again."

king_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

...pacing his bedroom would not do, as it held such bad memories for him now...

:pir-laugh: :rofl:

I really like where you took this, with King Fernando's secret motives... I mean, that sounds like him, alright!  The pumpkin is a really nice piece - where does it come from?

Just now, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh: :rofl:

I really like where you took this, with King Fernando's secret motives... I mean, that sounds like him, alright!  The pumpkin is a really nice piece - where does it come from?

Thanks. I decided to take him to a dark place, but planning his return.

The pumpkin is the (back of the) jack-o-lantern head from one of the Scooby-Doo sets.

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

The pumpkin is the (back of the) jack-o-lantern head from one of the Scooby-Doo sets.

Ah.  Figured it might have an expression on the other side.  Great job incorporating the colors BTW.  I just now realized that they were there!

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:37 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great job incorporating the colors BTW.  I just now realized that they were there!

Thanks! That was my goal for this build: use the specified colors in a way that didn't look conspicuous.

19 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

How come he looks just like my version of him? :laugh:

Maybe because neither of us appear to have the piece for the full beard he seemed to have grown recently. :pir-grin: