the enigma that is badger

Custom Brickarms Flintlock Musket and Pistol?

I was [Probable still will] buy some Garand's i know theyre not historicaly accurate...but they look awesome :pir-blush:

Cant wait to see what this could be :pir-sweet:

:pir_yoda:

I purchased some M1 Garands for my cavalry. Not only do they look good, but the quality is awesome! I was going to buy the Garands for the rest of my army, but since there is something in the works for the pirate theme, I will just have to wait it out. Now that the pirate theme is coming back, there is more of an incentive for Will to produce weapons for that time period.

Tony

Thanks for the kind words regarding the M1 Garand! I can tell you Will's exceptionally proud of that particular item considering it was his first attempt at a rifle and he was concerned how well it would be received. So far, it's clearly a fan favorite!

That's so not cool

"Cool" hasn't been an adjective that could be applied to me since my mother thought a toddler looked great in a polo shirt, plaid pants, and saddle shoes. Arnold Palmer, eat your heart out!

Still, I can't talk anymore about the item as it's still in development and I have no idea what Will's plans are in terms of displaying prototypes. I do know BrickFair is coming up very soon, and chances are at least a few new things will be on display and for sale there.

As for Pirate items, like I said, we're all exceptionally excited about the return of Pirates and for the opportunities that line creates for custom items. The thread I linked to above has been a great resource in terms of what items Pirate fans most want to see, and I know Will really appreciated both the response and the constructive ideas. Will is actually still working on finalizing the line ups of several molds right now, and if there's an item or item you'd really, really like to see, post in that thread and let us know!

badger

Edited by the enigma that is badger

I purchased some M1 Garands for my cavalry.

Do you have a close-up picture of your cavalry? No doubt you do in another thread - I've just missed it somehow.

As for Pirate items, like I said, we're all exceptionally excited about the return of Pirates and for the opportunities that line creates for custom items.

If you need any help getting those items out there just let us know!

Do you have a close-up picture of your cavalry? No doubt you do in another thread - I've just missed it somehow.

If you need any help getting those items out there just let us know!

Hello Mister Phes,

I am working on getting some new pictures, but I reached my limit for this month on Flickr so it won't be until September before I can upload new ones. I also don't want to spam this forum with pictures of my army, so I am working on a MOC to share with everyone.

Tony

You could always create a Brickshelf account - I'm not sure that they have the same limits as FlickR accounts.

What is the limit for a FlickR account anyway?

You could always create a Brickshelf account - I'm not sure that they have the same limits as FlickR accounts.

What is the limit for a FlickR account anyway?

Hello Mister Phes,

I do have a Brickshelf account, but I don't like having to upload my pictures one at a time and having to resize them when I want to include them on this forum. Flickr has a 100mb upload limit for the free account. Since I like to upload my pics close to full size, I run out of space quickly. I also have a paid Flickr account for personal pictures, maybe I will create a set on there to upload some Lego pics.

Tony

I first posed the idea of custom Pirate weapons in this thread, and if you have ideas for what type of accessories you'd like to see BrickArms produce to compliment the new Pirate line, that's the place to post them.

And yes, everyone at BrickArms is very excited about the return of Pirates, not only to see the rebirth of a line many of us grew up on but also the potential custom accessories that could wonderfully compliment it.

If you want to see something, post in that thread and I'll pass it on to Will!

badger

Thanks, I will go there and post my thoughts

Thanks Again!

Hi all,

I suppose I come here with something of a update on this for you all. I have found that some of newer prototype models given to me at Brickfair by the incredibly generous Brickarms vendors Will and Chandler can be integrated fairly nicely into the pirate theme, particularly this early mold of a double-barrel shotgun currently lacking a barrel and stock thereby causing it to resemble an 17/18th century double-barreled flintlock pistol very well (And as always, the quality is superb).

2816247835_6390a73cbc_b.jpg

"drools all over the keyboard for at least an hour......"

double barre......sawed off appearanc...........incredible!

Really, that thing looks amazing as only a prototype.

James Bond, thanks for posting these.

1) The pistol would be a new great item. Is it finding it's way to mass production?

2) Any rifle suitable for this periode with attachable bayonnet would be great.

3) And a sabre looking like this would also be great ...

frdragoon1.jpg

Andreas

The pistol would be a new great item. Is it finding it's way to mass production?

Unfortunately, no. That piece was designed as a test for curved grips (an example of which can be seen on the M1917 Revolver prototoype) as well as how well Will could get the "double barrel" look with a single piece. While it is a nice piece, it's just not up to the level of accuracy and detail Will expects of a BrickArms item.

Besides, while I know all the Pirate fans are hungry for period-accurate accessories, I doubt something that vaguely resembles an Pirate accessory is going to make anyone happy. Nope, I think only items specifically designed to compliment the Pirate line are going to do that . . . :pir-blush:

badger

Those double barreled pistols are great! If they're not acceptable, then couldn't at least make a higher detailed, single barreled pistol?

Also, I'd like to see...

-Musket rifles (NOT blunderbusses)

-Bayonet accesories (more streamlined than a clipped on silver knife...)

-Rapiers

-Eastern swords, much like the one in oo7's image, would be great. Lego's official ones are too big :[

-Daos for Chinese pirates

-maybe things like boarding axes would be nice too...

-Eastern swords, much like the one in oo7's image, would be great. Lego's official ones are too big :[

-Daos for Chinese pirates

Actually, that accessory in oo7's picture IS a dao! Specifically, it's based on the dadao, a later version of dao that was used in the Ming and Qing dynasties and later. It's most famous for its use in WWII by Nationalist troops against the Japanese invaders. Supposedly, when the dadao and Japanese katana were matched against each other, the dadao proved the superior weapon. At least that's what the Chinese say! :pir-grin:

If you're looking to outfit Chinese pirates, the upcoming BrickArms Dadao would be an excellent choice!

badger

Yay! As for other eastern swords.... have you ever considered the slimer ones? Such as the tulwar/pulwar/samshir/turko-mongolian sabre? It's not exactly piratey per se, but it would make a fine companion to the dadao. And of course, we could still use some Ottoman/Arabic scimitars too...

Unfortunately, no.

what a shame ....

One question. The prototypes we see are all made with the aluminium cast box built with Will's CNC machine.

Andreas

Yay! As for other eastern swords.... have you ever considered the slimer ones? Such as the tulwar/pulwar/samshir/turko-mongolian sabre? It's not exactly piratey per se, but it would make a fine companion to the dadao. And of course, we could still use some Ottoman/Arabic scimitars too...

Those are all great ideas! What I'd suggest you do is join the BrickArms Forums and start some threads for them! Actually, there's already a thread for the shamshir here. If that's an item you'd like to see, posting in that thread is the way to show your support for it!

One question. The prototypes we see are all made with the aluminium cast box built with Will's CNC machine.

Yes, all of the prototypes that I and others posted were produced by Will in his garage using his home CNC machine and aluminum molds. Still, they're made of the same high-quality ABS plastic that production items are made of (not to mention TLC accessories!), and they're of nearly the same quality of production items! They're really a testament to Will's skill at tooling and injection.

However, Will doesn't cast anything. All BrickArms accessories are made via injection to capture the high degree of detailing Will packs into every BrickArms accessory.

badger

Edited by the enigma that is badger

Hey Badger,

Have you or Will ever thought about producing the M1 Garand with a bayonet attached? I think the M1 with a bayonet would satisfy both WW2 fans and Imperial army fans.

Tony

Have you or Will ever thought about producing the M1 Garand with a bayonet attached? I think the M1 with a bayonet would satisfy both WW2 fans and Imperial army fans.

Have I ever thought about producing anything? Nope, because I'm fairly sure Will has more custom accessory making talent in one of his toe nail clippings than I do in my entire person! :pir-blush:

Still, you really think folks would be happy with a bayoneted M1? While that might be a neat accessory, I honestly think Pirate fans are much more discriminating than that! Nope, if Will were to take the plunge into Pirate accessories, it'd be full-on Pirate items, no compromises! Just the kind of highly-detailed, accurate accessories folks expect from BrickArms!

badger

During my investigations to have a low cost production process of custom items I found the possibility to print them via 3d printers.

That's interesting for quick trials and items not worth for mass production ...

The first results can be seen in the custom shako thread.

I also found an internet store where such items can be uploaded by the designer. The store afterwards makes the complete ordering, printing, selling, sending process for the public, sharing some revenue with the designer. The 3d modell itself is not public.

That would also be very nice for Will's designs not going into mass production. Do you think Will can imagine this?

Andreas