the enigma that is badger

Custom Brickarms Flintlock Musket and Pistol?

I showed my brother duke this thread and he said he'd love to get muskets like this for all 400-500 of his troops.

Hopefully, if Will decides to make these, they'll be made once i graduate college in a year and a half when i have enough money to buy a few hundred. *sweet*

P

I found this on BS; it looks like two hands fused together; a version of this would be great:

bayonet2.jpg

*sweet*

Hi all, I remember Brick Arms where planning on doing a Musket, Anyone know any further news on this?

Thanks

Lukemax

I know at Brickworld '08, Badger had a survey he was asking people to fill out. On that survey, pirate guns were an option, and I voted that I would VERY MUCH LIKE to see production on one. Of course, Will Chapman is the one that designs them so it is more or less up to him. But be patient, many good things have come out of Brickarms in the last year so let's just see what happens.

I'm sure if Badger swings by here, he can probably add to this...

I'm sure if Badger swings by here, he can probably add to this...

And so he shall! :pir-classic:

Hi all, I remember Brick Arms where planning on doing a Musket, Anyone know any further news on this?

You're most likely thinking about this thread where I first mentioned that Will was exploring the idea of branching out into more historical weapons. However, at this time, Will has yet to design or prototype a musket rifle, although I can say the strong reaction to both the idea of a more accurate musket and the BrickArms M1 Garand has not be lost on Will.

Also, as stash alluded to, at BrickWorld '08, I had a survey for attendees to fill out to rate several ideas Will has been thinking about to get fan reactions to them. Also important was the anecdotal reaction from fans of BrickArms (like stash!) to these ideas. Included in the list were several items Pirate fans would be very interested in.

Still, if you Pirate fans want new BrickArms Pirate accessories, here's the place to make your voice heard! Don't think I'm above linking to a thread like this to show Will how much of an audience there is for a given idea for an accessory! :pir-blush:

badger

New Muskets - Cool.

New pistols - awesome

New pistols in colors - WICKED AWESOME!

New cutlass - Sweetness!

I'm always up for some new Brickarms products, especially if they are in the best theme LEGO ever created!

Will, here is some more interest!

I would certainly be interested. Being historically accurate is something the Lego weapons lack. As long as the new weapons by Brickarms allow for different poses (it would be difficult to put a soldier at shoulder arms if the musket was straight). But again, I'm all for it! :pir-sweet:

As long as the new weapons by Brickarms allow for different poses (it would be difficult to put a soldier at shoulder arms if the musket was straight). But again, I'm all for it!

I can guarantee that everything Will produces is designed to be as poseable as possible. As someone who made certain that the M1 Garand could be shouldered comfortably, I can assure you that should Will design a musket, the accessory will be design so that a shouldered pose is possible and looks natural.

I can tell you folks that with the new minifig pics that appear to signal the return of the TLC Pirate line, Will is taking a very, very close look at these types of items. If there's something you want to see produced to complement your high seas minifigs, now's the time to do it! :pir-blush:

badger

A nice flintlock rifle, a little different type of cutlass, different colored shoulderpads, silver conquistador helmets...just some things i'd love to see made! :thumbup:

Let me know when you do :pir-wink:

By all means promote your products, Badger - so long as they're high quality and piratish :pir-grin:

Might as well merge the two threads together though...

Also, as stash alluded to, at BrickWorld '08, I had a survey for attendees to fill out to rate several ideas Will has been thinking about to get fan reactions to them. Also important was the anecdotal reaction from fans of BrickArms (like stash!) to these ideas. Included in the list were several items Pirate fans would be very interested in.

Would be infterested in this list is it public?

Would be infterested in this list is it public?

As what was included in the BrickArms Brickworld survey as well as the final scores for each item will have a direct effect on future BrickArms accessory, they are strictly for internal use only. If someone who took the survey can remember a few items, they're welcome to post them, but the complete list still stay confidential.

badger

Edited by the enigma that is badger

Humm...I was planning to outfit my Brigade with Brickarms' M1 Garand, since it looks more like the Martini-Henry rifle then the musket or western rifle to me. I love the idea of having a bayonet either fixed or removable.

I know I have read in the past that brick arms might make some weapons for the pirate theme.... now that the theme is returning (and it looks like they kept the same weapons) I am curious if anyone knows if Brick Arms is going to produce some Pirate weapons. I would like to see a rifle with a bayonet for my Soldiers.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for weapons they would like to see?

Can't wait for 2009 :pir-classic:

I first posed the idea of custom Pirate weapons in this thread, and if you have ideas for what type of accessories you'd like to see BrickArms produce to compliment the new Pirate line, that's the place to post them.

And yes, everyone at BrickArms is very excited about the return of Pirates, not only to see the rebirth of a line many of us grew up on but also the potential custom accessories that could wonderfully compliment it.

If you want to see something, post in that thread and I'll pass it on to Will!

badger

Edited by the enigma that is badger

Thank you for the prompt response Badger!

If we don't get a lot of responses in this thread then I shall merge it with the thread you've brought to our attention.

Thank you for the prompt response Badger!

Naturally, that's what I'm here for! Still, to answer, I did have to tear myself away from a new design Will's been working on. It's something I think Pirate fans will find very exciting . . . :pir-classic:

badger

Naturally, that's what I'm here for! Still, to answer, I did have to tear myself away from a new design Will's been working on. It's something I think Pirate fans will find very exciting . . . :pir-classic:

badger

That's so not cool... you can't make a statement like that and not give us at least some more information. Is it a weapon? Is it an edged weapon? A firearm? A combination of the two? Please badger you must say more! Will we be seeing it oh let's see, in the next couple of months? Maybe BrickCon? I need to know something good is coming so I can stop buying the WW rifle for my army. :pir-grin:

Tony

I was [Probable still will] buy some Garand's i know theyre not historicaly accurate...but they look awesome :pir-blush:

Cant wait to see what this could be :pir-sweet:

:pir_yoda: