"There is no man living who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can do"

- Henry Ford

(Description below is taken from project page on Ideas)

"The prototype of this project, Ford Model T was not the first car ever built, neither it was the most powerful, fast, beautiful and so on... It was revolutionary because of its availability, making the concept of automobile the one we know today - a vehicle, more or less affordable for highest amount of people possible, not a luxury for the chosen ones. That is why I have chosen Tin Lizzie - it's simply iconic. Since there is a plenty of variations of Model T, I ended up making the collective image of it without sticking to any exact modificaton, but trying to follow the last, 1927 version of it - wheels' choice was probably the hardest part because of the original, since there aren't any tires that narrow. However, the overall look of Lizzie is still recognizable.

Being a huge fan of vehicles myself, I grab every new set of Creator Expert car as soon as it's possible - but one day I just decided to try my skills in making my own model, that's how this project has been born. Adjusted to scale of already existing vehicles, this set could be a nice addition to the collection and a good gift for other many cars' enthusiasts. Since I'm planning to develop the project, the updates will be coming without any doubt - the final target is to manage to improve the model as much as possible and to build a real version of it, so stay tuned :)

Thanks in advance to every single supporter and everyone who stopped to look at this project!"

0_1549c2_68bda87d_XXL.png

0_1549c3_9db52c2a_XXL.png

0_1549c4_965ae04_XXL.png

0_1549c6_49bd0cae_XXL.jpg

0_1549c5_bb66650a_M.png

Thanks again for stopping by and have a great day! :)

Edited by Razor
Fixed some text issues

That is a nice Model T, Razor!

The way you shaped the fenders, grille, and hood give a realistic appearance!  A couple things I would like better about this model would be if it had more functions (such as opening doors or removable hood with engine underneath) and if  the wheels were of a narrower spoke variant more like bicycle wheels (rather than the more modern hub/hubcap wheels used).  The narrow wheels with spokes, to me, seem like an important inclusion, though I am not sure if there is a better LEGO variant available in LDD.  I have always been somewhat partial to Model T's, and even built one in LDD a number of years back (I do not think I still have the file).  I used train wheels (since they had spokes), but they had sharp rims rather than tires (not really an acceptable substitute).  LEGO made this wheel, which I believe would work well on your model for scale, but I do not know if these are available in LDD.  They also connect to 2x4 brick axles, which makes a much more blocky connection than modern Technic pieces allow.  The rounder narrow tires are more historically accurate.

Overall, I think your model captures the look quite well.  This is an iconic element of the history of automobiles, as it was what made the drive for affordable automobiles available to everyone.

I would love to see this in olive green instead of tan (just personal preference :wink:)!

Edited by Slegengr

18 hours ago, Pat-Ard said:

6 hours ago, Kmuffin said:

Thank you! :)

17 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Thanks a lot! The functions you've mentioned are definitely coming - the doors are designed to be openable, but still need some improvement and the construction of the hood has to be tested with real bricks to make it well fixed enough to be openable, this and much more is planned for future updates. Regarding the wheels, I haven't found the ones with spokes and had to make a substitution with the current ones - they are surely not so suitable, but it's the only option at the moment, sadly. And, to conclude with - the olive green version is now a part of 100 supporters' update since I wanted to thank everyone and listen to your preference as well :)

Edited by Razor
Link fixed

@Razor The olive green looks really nice, even if it is just my personal preference. :wink:  I am looking forward to your functional updates, and I hope more accurate wheels could be produced by LEGO if this actually becomes a set!

Razor, have you posted this model in another site? I am very interested in buying a PDF instructions.

Hope you are still designing these beautiful cars