• Blue
    • Brown
    • Red
    • White
    • Yellow
    • New: Gold
    • New: Black (not yet released)

banner-poll2.gif

I want to know which colour Epaulette you guys like best on the Imperial Guards (Red Coats)?

I just don't think blue really suits them and I much prefer yellow and maybe even brown.

Also its about �1 for just one Blue Epaulette which is crazy as its one of the smallest pieces there is.

So what colour is your favourite?

all my redcoats have red epoulets, to keep the whol red theme going, but the figure comes with blue ones, so when i get more, the red epoulets are going to have to turn into another unit or something

I use the officially recommended colours.

The only exception are a few I've done with white ones and adventurers pith helmets to serve in India. They look pretty good, for such a simple adjustment (and probably not the least bit historically accurate).

Mr Peg Leg Pascoe do you think this thread would be more interesting with a poll? I think we're due for a new poll topic about now.

To me the Imperial Guards are the Imperial Guards... This means that as lego made them is exactly how I want them to look. Blue epaulettes for grunts, yellow for officers.

If you want to change the colour or order of the epaulettes then what you have is not 'Imperial Guards', it's something else, British of some description etc.

I think of the Soldiers (those that wear blue) in exactly the same fashion. It's that simple to me.

Most would be inclined to say that yellow looks good on grunts, making them particularly British. White is a very useful colour of epaulette as an alternative for officers. I'm looking into using white and possibly brown ones to represent Portuguese troops at some point.

Honestly I'd find the brown on red a bit naff...

Mr Peg Leg Pascoe do you think this thread would be more interesting with a poll? I think we're due for a new poll topic about now.

Yeah sure, good idea *sweet* There's Blue, Brown, Red, White and Yellow X-D

Rarity trumps size. *sweet* And I prefer blue.

Yeah well i actually just caved and bought 2 for 75p each, i love Lego :-D

Edited by Peg Leg Pascoe

I'd be a lot more accepting of brown epaulettes on soldiers (blues) rather than imperial guards. Blue and brown seems to clash a lot less than red and brown.

White looks good on everything naturally.

I like red and blue epaulettes, brown or white just doesn't cut it for me for normal soldiers.

My (few) soldiers don't have epaulettes...or "real" shakos either, actually. Their lieutenant has yellow epaulettes...I can't really imagine using any other color for the Redcoats. Or the Bluecoats, for that matter, although I suppose that's a matter of personal taste.

well, my blu soldiers have red epaulettes (TLC docet),

my red soldiers have instead yellow epaluettes. I have few blu epaulettes |-/

it's very difficoult buy imperial soldiers with all pieces: apeluettes, caps and backpacks... oh, expecially backpacks...

nausicaakro

Personally, I like them all. Each has its own merits when used in a particular situation.

I think my least favorite is yellow, as I don't like how it looks with the red uniforms.

Steve

I like blue epaulettes, it might not be historically the most accurate version.. but the color combination is nice.

Edited by Mile85

I voted for yellow cause that's what the US Naval Marine Sergeants and Naval officers wore in the early 1800's.

P

Edited by phred

Depends on what the minifig represents.

I usually have 4 types of minifigs with red coat torsos on British ships.

1. Imperial gaurd torso, yellow epaulette, bicorne, low-officer

2. Imperial gaurd torso, yellow epaulette, shako, marine

3. Admiral torso, yellow or white epaulette, black bicorne, higher officer

4. The captain of course, admiral torso, yellow epaulette feathered bicorne, comes with cape sometimes.

(5. In case there's an admiral on board, Admiral, admiral torso, yellow epaulette, white hands, feathered bicorne, and a red cape.)

Clear enough? X-D

I've allways prefered the red ones. I find they give a coolest look to the mini-figures :-)