Sign in to follow this  
Terrasher

Brick Friday

Hey everyone

I've just read on Hoth Bricks that there wouldn't be any early Brick Friday offers for VIPs this year. Is this only for Europe or will it also apply to the U.S./Canada?

Also, anyone know about any discounts that'll be applied to certains sets, yet?

1 minute ago, Terrasher said:

Hey everyone

I've just read on Hoth Bricks that there wouldn't be any early Brick Friday offers for VIPs this year. Is this only for Europe or will it also apply to the U.S./Canada?

Also, anyone know about any discounts that'll be applied to certains sets, yet?

not yet

In the past, there has been a one hour event before the normal Lego store openings the Saturday before Thanksgiving.   It was once for the biggest spenders and had a lot of freebies and other deals.  Last year, more "commonfolk" like me who did not spend more than four figures were also invited.  It had the same exact benefits as the early VIP online and Lego Store deals, except you got to go in the store before regular opening and shop in a relatively uncrowded environment.  This year, we have not heard anything about it.  They might have phased it out altogether.  

I just checked the shop@home and there's an add for both Canada and the U,S. 

We'll know the 25th what kind of deals we are gonna get; I could be swayed getting Takodana and the TFA TIE if they get 25-30% off, those sets are horribly priced in Canada. 

I have never participated in Brick Friday. Can you guys tell me what kind of deals are available, when the deals are available, and any additional tips? And are the deals available online and when do deals start?

Edited by getbusybrickin

7 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

I have never participated in Brick Friday. Can you guys tell me what kind of deals are available, when the deals are available, and any additional tips? And are the deals available online and when do deals start?

Things are a bit different this year than last year, from the looks of it. Anyways (US based):

- You get a limited edition snowglobe with purchases over $99 (They did a VIP-only preview of this sale last weekend, and the snowglobe is already being sold for a pretty penny on EBay etc.)

- You get double VIP

- There is a limited amount of sets (typically slow sellers or almost retired sets) that go for 50% off, in-store only. Those are typically gone by noon, if not faster. Last year amongst others it was SW Ghost for 50% off, Pirate Chess for 50% off, might have even been AT-AT for 50% off.

- You get a store calendar. Last year this was great, as it contained coupons that you could redeem during certain times of the year, like 100 bonus VIP points, an exclusive minifig etc. The rumor is that the calendar this year is a coloring-in calendar and does NOT contain coupons.

- There were a few "one off" offers, like a free set with purchase of the Temple of Airjitzu. No idea what the offers are this year.

17 hours ago, Phil B said:

Things are a bit different this year than last year, from the looks of it. Anyways (US based):

- You get a limited edition snowglobe with purchases over $99 (They did a VIP-only preview of this sale last weekend, and the snowglobe is already being sold for a pretty penny on EBay etc.)

- You get double VIP

- There is a limited amount of sets (typically slow sellers or almost retired sets) that go for 50% off, in-store only. Those are typically gone by noon, if not faster. Last year amongst others it was SW Ghost for 50% off, Pirate Chess for 50% off, might have even been AT-AT for 50% off.

- You get a store calendar. Last year this was great, as it contained coupons that you could redeem during certain times of the year, like 100 bonus VIP points, an exclusive minifig etc. The rumor is that the calendar this year is a coloring-in calendar and does NOT contain coupons.

- There were a few "one off" offers, like a free set with purchase of the Temple of Airjitzu. No idea what the offers are this year.

Awesome! Thank you so much! Do I understand correctly that beside the snow globe, there are not any deals online?

Gonna camp the website until midnight and I'll give a quick update. Hothbricks stated that the UCS TIE and at least an architecture set would get a discount, let's see what those are. 

Visited the french shop@home and they have a 20% off selection plus double VIP event, namely the UCS TIE and CTB. 

Update: Australia gets jack, mostly minecraft sets.

Update 2: US-CAN also gets jack, except if you like key chains, the on-sale selection is awefull!

Edited by RetroInferno

The sale finally went live for me and there's virtually nothing to speak of that I can find.

Sale prices are only showing in the cart.  So far the Pet Shop modular and the space port are the only large sets If found on sale.

They started showing up, some pretty good deals here and there!

Nothing interests me for the moment, maybe they'll continue updating later. 

TOYS R US CANADA: has both the Sandcrawler and Ewok village approx 100$ off! If you ever wished to get those sets now is the time. 

Can't complain we got the short end of the stick, happy for you guys in europe for those sweet deals for once. 

Edited by RetroInferno

For the U.S region go over wallmart, they've got the best deals. Wallmart canada barely has anything. 

Amazon.com also has AWESOME deals in the U.S, pretty sucky for Canada though. :(

Edited by RetroInferno

I snagged a Sandcrawler at my local Lego store (in Canada). Got the last one and there was about 40 people in line ahead of me on opening at 0700.

Everyone seemed to be going straight for the door-buster 50% off sets. Besides the SC, I only grabbed one of the Pirates chess sets and small birthday mini-sets.

I could have spent much, much more.

Edited by eliminator

I ordered £80 worth of lego on pick a brick @s&h and got the Snow globe (getting parts for ongoing projects so not brick Friday prices)

Just ordered the Kwik-E-Mart for 160€ off of S@H. 20% discount even beats double VIP points.

And apparently it's retiring? The mail said 'as long as the stock lasts'...