This was a commissioned model based off of Leanan Manor. This version is a bit larger and features a full interior that can be reached via lift off floors or the hinging function. All the doors and window shutters actually open and close. It is also an entry into the small miscellaneous category of the Colossal Castle Contest.

Leanorll Manor sits on a rock island in the middle of a placid lake. This morning, one of the servants brings in fresh water and kindling while the cook peels an apple. Lord Leanor makes  his morning rounds and checks in with the roof top sentry. While the area has enjoyed a period of peace, terrible rumors from Nocturnus keep everyone on edge.

low.jpg

ov.jpg

rightb.jpg

bc-low.jpg

bridge.jpg

open.jpg

stairs2.jpg

can.jpg

See more on brickbuilt.

Thanks for looking, another Avalonian build is coming soon :classic:

Very nice castle SK, I especially like that first picture, it looks so imposing! :thumbup:  I'm not the hugest fan of that shape of roof, but the mottled sand green and light grey work great together, and the little bit of rockwork on the bottom is really good!

I love the staircase inside! That is my favorite detail by far. It definitely has the same look and feel as Leanan Manor, but since that one was good, and this one is a bit bigger and better, that is no problem. (And it has an interior!) The roof on this one is actually an improvement on the other, in my opinion, and I like that you made the stone on the edge decorative and more gradually sloped using those 1x1 plates with clips. Good work as usual, SK! My one quibble is with the vines on the back, as they seem either superfluous or insufficient; that is, there should be more of them or none at all, in my opinion, to either keep the overall very clean look that you have presented or to make it look older and more run down. As it is, it is a bit too much in the middle for my liking. 

Looks so great again! As HQ said, it looks very clean (partly due to a great presentation), and your interiors are so gorgeous!

Man you cease to amaze me!

But what really kicked it off was your build of the Nordheim gatehouse. Your a great builder my friend!

If you have any suggestion they would be appreciated as I am a starter in MOC making!

This is a nice keep, SK!

The color scheme is striking, simple but realistic!  The interior is great, as always, especially the drawers made with the log bricks on edge.   All of the different stone structures and techniques really add to the appearance.
My favorite detail is the water!  The transparent pieces over the light blue is very realistic, especially with the small waves lapping against the posts and rock face.

I agree with HQ that more vines would look better.  I would not like it with no vines/foliage at all.  Maybe I just like foliage too much to give it up, even on a stone island. :tongue:

I know I've already commented on this on Flickr, but it really is fantastic! I didn't mention I liked the use of both normal studs, and tiled studs, whether intentional or not gives a very nice texture. But as I've said the stairs still the best part, they seem to be a detail not often included, mostly due to space issues, but it keeps the build realistic in a way :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice castle SK, I especially like that first picture, it looks so imposing! :thumbup:  I'm not the hugest fan of that shape of roof, but the mottled sand green and light grey work great together, and the little bit of rockwork on the bottom is really good!

Thanks Kai! Which in particular don't you like?

7 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I love the staircase inside! That is my favorite detail by far. It definitely has the same look and feel as Leanan Manor, but since that one was good, and this one is a bit bigger and better, that is no problem. (And it has an interior!) The roof on this one is actually an improvement on the other, in my opinion, and I like that you made the stone on the edge decorative and more gradually sloped using those 1x1 plates with clips. Good work as usual, SK! My one quibble is with the vines on the back, as they seem either superfluous or insufficient; that is, there should be more of them or none at all, in my opinion, to either keep the overall very clean look that you have presented or to make it look older and more run down. As it is, it is a bit too much in the middle for my liking. 

Thanks, another vine or two would probably have looked good :classic:

7 hours ago, TitusV said:

Looks so great again! As HQ said, it looks very clean (partly due to a great presentation), and your interiors are so gorgeous!

Thanks Titus!

4 hours ago, Tyndale said:

Man you cease to amaze me!

But what really kicked it off was your build of the Nordheim gatehouse. Your a great builder my friend!

If you have any suggestion they would be appreciated as I am a starter in MOC making!

Thanks Tyndale :classic:

4 hours ago, Slegengr said:

This is a nice keep, SK!

The color scheme is striking, simple but realistic!  The interior is great, as always, especially the drawers made with the log bricks on edge.   All of the different stone structures and techniques really add to the appearance.
My favorite detail is the water!  The transparent pieces over the light blue is very realistic, especially with the small waves lapping against the posts and rock face.

I agree with HQ that more vines would look better.  I would not like it with no vines/foliage at all.  Maybe I just like foliage too much to give it up, even on a stone island. :tongue:

Thanks Slegengr, I'm glad you like the water. And I agree that more vines rather than none would look better here.

4 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

I know I've already commented on this on Flickr, but it really is fantastic! I didn't mention I liked the use of both normal studs, and tiled studs, whether intentional or not gives a very nice texture. But as I've said the stairs still the best part, they seem to be a detail not often included, mostly due to space issues, but it keeps the build realistic in a way :thumbup:

Thanks Legofin, I'm glad you like the staircase in the tower as that was one of the main components I knew I wanted right from the beginning.

I remember seeing this before - I really like the architecture throughout and the texture of the wall is just how I like it! Oh and do I have to mention your interiors once more? ;)

Excellent build, SK, the light gray and sand green work very well here, and the water has got to be one of my favorite parts of the build! :thumbup:  Very nice interior as usual too, and as the others have mentioned, those recessed stairs are superb! :classic:

10 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Thanks Kai! Which in particular don't you like?

It's the 3x3 (or 2) slopes that bugs me, actually.  There's just something about them that makes them seem too flat for a castle to me.  But of course, that's pretty much a matter of taste!

Nice overall design and color scheme!
Which color is that under the trans plates for the water?

My only nitpick is that the sand green is too evenly distributed, it almost looks like a pattern. In reality it would be more uneven and probably more concentrated towards the lower part of the building.

This is really beautiful. Lovely interior furnishing and its nice to see what you actually implemented the typical lego-style of fold-out buildings. Great use of space, great look - perfect build :classic: :thumbup:

On 11/15/2016 at 10:59 PM, Blufiji said:

I really like the simplicity of the build..sometimes less really is more. Great work SK!

Thanks Blufiji :classic:

On 11/16/2016 at 4:40 AM, en_zoo said:

I remember seeing this before - I really like the architecture throughout and the texture of the wall is just how I like it! Oh and do I have to mention your interiors once more? ;)

Thanks en_zoo!

On 11/16/2016 at 5:47 AM, Garmadon said:

Excellent build, SK, the light gray and sand green work very well here, and the water has got to be one of my favorite parts of the build! :thumbup:  Very nice interior as usual too, and as the others have mentioned, those recessed stairs are superb! :classic:

Thanks Garmadon, I'm glad you like the water. Originally I was going to just place the castle on a landscape, but then realized a water setting would be easy to accomplish and a bit more unique.

On 11/16/2016 at 7:01 AM, Kai NRG said:

It's the 3x3 (or 2) slopes that bugs me, actually.  There's just something about them that makes them seem too flat for a castle to me.  But of course, that's pretty much a matter of taste!

Ah. Generally I like my roofs a little steeper as well, but having just the bottom layer be flatter is pretty realistic.

On 11/19/2016 at 4:58 PM, Gideon said:

Nice overall design and color scheme!
Which color is that under the trans plates for the water?

My only nitpick is that the sand green is too evenly distributed, it almost looks like a pattern. In reality it would be more uneven and probably more concentrated towards the lower part of the building.

Thanks Gideon, that's medium azure I believe. It comes in Friends sets, and I think it's the color of the new VW bug as well.

22 hours ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Again, great job Isaac! I love the stonework on this one... It has a very nice feel... Keep it up!

Thanks man!

1 hour ago, Littleworlds said:

This is really beautiful. Lovely interior furnishing and its nice to see what you actually implemented the typical lego-style of fold-out buildings. Great use of space, great look - perfect build :classic: :thumbup:

Thank you :sweet:

Very nice castle and nice usage of sand green bricks on it!
Excellent work also with the playable capability to open it in the middle with the hinges! :sweet:

Beautiful work Isaac, I really like the water, aswell moc being "small" and modular too... So cute