Svendp

Corner Modulars, inverted (270°)

Hey all,

a lot of us are a big fan of the Lego Modulars. I also noticed a lot of stunning MoC's on this forum already. One thing we don't see very often though (both from Lego or in Mocs), is modulars with an inverted/inverse corner (270° instead of 90°). 

I would love to see more of those, as it would be nice for once to be able to redirect our modular streets in another angle. Browsing the web for inspiration only gave me one or two pics (as below)

.rsz_img_5989.jpg

Are there people on this forum that already created Moc or Mod in this way? Would you be willing to share some of them? It would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Edited by Svendp

I think the reason inverse corners are uncommon is that they simply don't exist in real life. City streets have plenty of intersections needing corner buildings but 90° corners are few and far between. Couple this with the lack of facade you get from building one and the sheer amount of bricks used on the sides and rear that really aren't seen makes it an undesirable project.

12 hours ago, kjm161 said:

My very first modular that I tried was an inverted corner using a lot of friends parts and was a bookstore. 

/20630612744_ebfc2802f6_n.jpgbookstorec by Karen Metz, on Flickr

This one is very nice. However, it can't be attached to the other modulars, die to the sidewalk and the windows. 

8 hours ago, Hobbythom said:

Asian restaurant (2)

One of my first modulars was an inverted corner. An asian restaurant.

That's what I was looking for. Nicely done. Thanks

8 hours ago, Hobbythom said:

8 hours ago, pinioncorp said:

I think the reason inverse corners are uncommon is that they simply don't exist in real life. City streets have plenty of intersections needing corner buildings but 90° corners are few and far between. Couple this with the lack of facade you get from building one and the sheer amount of bricks used on the sides and rear that really aren't seen makes it an undesirable project.

True, but Lego isn't real life ofcourse. I do get your point, however

7 hours ago, cosmolon said:

well actually the assembly square is an inverted corner.

It is. But not at the end where the other modulars need to be attached. 

Thanks all for the feedback and the replies

3 hours ago, Johan the Yellowhead said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is the Assembly Square an inverted corner?

I think he's reffering to the way the houses are placed around the small square (270° angle there)

10 hours ago, Johan the Yellowhead said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is the Assembly Square an inverted corner?

the bakery and the flowers shop makes an inverted corner.

On November 14, 2016 at 4:14 PM, pinioncorp said:

Admittedly, they are not 270 inverse corner but definitely not your average 90 degrees corners, but Barcelona if full of 'cut-off' corners (don't know how to describe them, but have a look in Google streets). Also the so-called Amsterdam School ('Amsterdamse school') made a point of not having straight corners.