Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

personally i like the new belt piece but wish it had been designed differently, more of a rubber band type that just went around the figs waist, for two reasons.

1 it would cover the sides of the figure and 2. it wouldn't add any height to the fig

Edited by Mattallica

personally i like the new belt piece but wish it had been designed differently, more of a rubber band type that just went around the figs waist, for two reasons.

1 it would cover the sides of the figure and 2. it wouldn't add any height to the fig

Then the arms couldn't rest nicely on the sides of the torso.

I don't really think height is a problem... Just look at Joker with his new hairpiece and Harley too, that adds a lot of height to them both.

Also a question about the CMF and other Batsuits we will be getting. I noticed that in the trailer only certain suits had the new belt piece. Will that differ from suit to suit or will it be just an exclusive thing for the Black suit. Also will they have different Batman expressions (fingers crossed they will) or will they have the blank white face like they did that one time with Ironman?

I guess that's two questions :tongue:

Edited by Ashnflash

Then the arms couldn't rest nicely on the sides of the torso.

im sure they could make it thin enough on the sides to clear the arms/hands

im sure they could make it thin enough on the sides to clear the arms/hands

The hands sit pretty much flush with the sides of the torso. A wrap around belt part would be too much I think. I love what they did with this one and it looks great.

Surprised to see no mention of the different belts. Surely I'm not the only one to see it, but I think it's worth pointing out anyway.

Batman obviously has a very traditional square-buckle: http://comicsallianc...07/IMG_0081.jpg

Whereas Batgirl is shown with the three separate bars on her buckle: http://comicsallianc...07/IMG_0077.jpg

I'd be curious to see if there are two separate pieces or if Batgirl's is on backwards in the photos... probably the latter but hey, wishful thinking can sometimes be a good thing.

Also on the topic of the belt pieces, I personally won't be doing anything with them other than display them in the cave. However while I am not a huge fan of the way they look on the minifigure, I don't understand the outrage and distaste for them. Since 2006 there have been plenty of opportunities to get a Batman (and recently Batgirl too), with printed belts, so to actually be upset by the inclusion of a said piece seems (to me at least) very ridiculous.

Edited by Coca-Cola

It's backwards, I think for a frame in the Wayne Manor trailer you see both sides on Batman and Catwoman.

It's backwards, I think for a frame in the Wayne Manor trailer you see both sides on Batman and Catwoman.

That's what I thought, but really didn't want to accept. :hmpf: Welp. A reversible belt is better than only one style of belt...

The "assumed" characters shouldn't be in the confirmed list

I know, I just meant possible characters that Catanas hinted at. I can remove them if you prefer?

I think they just put that belt on the wrong way in the picture. I think she's intended to wear it the same way as Batman.

I really like the molded belt piece. For Robin I think it's okay it's printed, his belts are usually more sleek anyways than Batman's utility belts. Plus the new mold gives Batman a little extra height. Plus now Batman's belt can be stolen by villains.

I hope this becomes the standard from now on. We've had dozens of Batmen over the years, this might be a great way to refresh the lineup. I'm hoping we get this belt piece in tan and gold at some point.

Edited by strangely

[...] I'm not happy with the prices. That Batmobile does not look like it's worth $60. And the Joker's car looks like a $30 set but it's $50?? I hope the other sets are better priced.

I haven't gone back and checked, but it seems like with TLM there was a lot of discussion about how high the prices were going to be, but then when we got the actual price list everything was much better than expected, and most sets were a decent value at the least, if not really good (based on minifigs or ppp or pretty much any metric).

I wouldn't be surprised if either there is more to the sets than we have seen, or the prices are not final.

Edited by rodiziorobs

I haven't gone back and checked, but it seems like with TLM there was a lot of discussion about how high the prices were going to be, but then when we got the actual price list everything was much better than expected, and most sets were a decent value at the least, if not really good (based on minifigs or ppp or pretty much any metric).

I wouldn't be surprised if either there is more to the sets than we have seen, or the prices are not final.

I think that prices are final, and that's all there is. The price per part ratio seems about right, even if the actual sets aren't that great. I hope the other ones are better, especially the Batcave and Arkham.

I love the molded belt piece. I really hope we see more of this in other themes (future Castle or Pirate sets).

Although i think the belt is pretty funny. I hope and think it is just a gimmick for this movie. Something like the Joker stealing his belt to finally have a chance of winning.

Printing a belt is imho better. 1) the belt won't be ridicously emphasized. 2) the sturdiness of a minifig, when playing, is much better without it. Less losing the legs.

They might come in handy as well for City folks and their toolmen.

Although i think the belt is pretty funny. I hope and think it is just a gimmick for this movie. Something like the Joker stealing his belt to finally have a chance of winning.

Printing a belt is imho better. 1) the belt won't be ridicously emphasized. 2) the sturdiness of a minifig, when playing, is much better without it. Less losing the legs.

I don't think the belt will compromise the sturdiness of figures. The tail part for Rocket Raccoon and the Chesire Cat goes around the legs like the belt, and those tail parts don't affect the leg sturdiness. What I don't like are the skirt pieces for Alice and Minnie from the Disney series. Because those are so big, the legs fall off a lot. But the belt is pretty thin at the attachment point, so I think it'll be fine.

sturdiness depends on how the "hip" piece is done. I don't get what the problem should be. If you remove it, you probably have a printed belt beneath. the mold is a way to make figs like Batman bigger & give them more depth.

sturdiness depends on how the "hip" piece is done. I don't get what the problem should be. If you remove it, you probably have a printed belt beneath. the mold is a way to make figs like Batman bigger & give them more depth.

You don't get a printed belt underneath.

You don't get a printed belt underneath.

I don't know. Every Batman has a belt printed on the torso. I don't see why they wouldn't print one on these variants for the movie, belt piece included over top as well or not. I mean, look at the Civil War Falcon minifgure: he has a special wing pack piece over his neck that covered his back printing, but the back printing contained a print of the closed wing pack as well.

I really like the new belt piece for batman. it'll be great for mocs and builds where batman's been captured by a villain and they've taken away his belt so he cant escape, just like in the 60's Adam West show. This piece would even let you give joker a utility belt just like he had in an episode on the show :laugh: . I don't think that they have printed the belt on the torso though :sceptic: . The printing would need to be pretty low and cross on to the minifig hips for the belt piece to hide it.

I don't know. Every Batman has a belt printed on the torso. I don't see why they wouldn't print one on these variants for the movie, belt piece included over top as well or not. I mean, look at the Civil War Falcon minifgure: he has a special wing pack piece over his neck that covered his back printing, but the back printing contained a print of the closed wing pack as well.

Because the pictures of the figures don't show enough room for a printed piece, and it would be an arbitrary inclusion. Just because they have had them in the past doesn't mean they always will, especially in this case, where there is no need for a printed belt.