Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Just now, ZoKpooL said:

Pyg may be posing as just criminal in pig mask. 

Same way posing anothers vilalins as 'pretty child-friendly characters'. 

Not to mention they released prostitute and not writing in promo materials what March Harriet is it. 

Even this version is dark, already posing as killer, sadist and torturer

He was portrayed like any other Batman villain was in a cartoon.

Just now, Nexo Bricks said:

He was portrayed like any other Batman villain was in a cartoon.

Almost all villains in Beware spotted unique characterics, as always in Bat-cartoons. 

Killer Croc posing as pretty canonical Croc, but Humpty Dumpty have differtent goals etc etc. Beware-disccusion will be offtopic.

Again, all verisons of Pyg will be too dark to LEGO, but not a problem posing him as just guy in pig mask. 

Considering Batman by Gaslight comes out next year, not including the Gaslight suit seems a severe omission

Good for those who like the superman minifigures, but I really think Jor-El and Zod look really out of place here.

2 more batsuits would have been better

Or including 2 extra villains like Hush or Mad Hatter, even if they don't appear in the movie. I mean, Cannonball Harley wasn't in the movie, and she'll be released. Also, strictly talking, the FaF and the vacation minifigures didn't appear in the actual movie, only in the credits sequence

Also, it's a shame the Justice League minifigures will be incomplete. Maybe they should have done a bigger set for the party. Like Fun in the park/beach: A bunch of minifigures with a few small builds

3 hours ago, AstroNutz said:

To bad.  With Dimensions gone and no additional CMFS, we probably lost the chance to see some of the licensed characters.  Based on LEGO Ideas terms, we can't see any of these license sets, like Wizard of Oz or Gremlins.  

I'm pretty sure they included only the Wicked Witch from the uber villains because they already had the rights (Dimensions). Including any of the others would mean extra money

8 hours ago, latenightguy said:

As much as I question the release of more new merchandise, I find it odd that the hat/ponytail piece would supposedly never be used for a Barbara minifigure, despite originating a year prior in the movie.

Maybe the headgear piece was developed more in mind for City? Perhaps the design was finalized by Lego designers some time around the pre-production of the movie, and then made available in inventory for WB animators and designers. 

7 hours ago, MAB said:

The fleshie elf ears are a nice addition too.

Many people are definitely going to adopt that hairpiece for a purist Spock from Star Trek. It seems like the piece even has a widow's peak, which is most appropriate for a classic Spock.

2 hours ago, ZoKpooL said:

Never liked Beyond, but disappointed by absence of Gaslighted Batman 

Same here, especially since the S1 Vacation Batman's goggled cowl would have been perfect for the variant. But, I am surprised to see the cowl pop up again in this second series, even though it hasn't seemed to have been recolored.

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Considering Batman by Gaslight comes out next year, not including the Gaslight suit seems a severe omission

That too. :sceptic:

Anyone else hoping we get the bat train or bat sub? Those would be perfect sets for them to throw a few different batsuits that we haven't got yet in.  

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The monkey being absent is very odd. 

Why isn't the monkey here? What happened in that party? 

#prayforGleek

he'll be in the party set!

33 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Batman's goggled cowl would have been perfect for the variant

Again, in original comics Bats dodn;t gave goggles 

55 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Many people are definitely going to adopt that hairpiece for a purist Spock from Star Trek. It seems like the piece even has a widow's peak, which is most appropriate for a classic Spock.

Damn it. I wasn't going to get either of the wonder twins, but now that you've brought Spock into the equation.....  :grin:

Say, has anyone realized yet that Black Vulcan's dual molded legs could be adopted for Sinstro? :shrug_oh_well:

45 minutes ago, ZoKpooL said:

Again, in original comics Bats dodn;t gave goggles 

Original comics Bats? :shrug_confused:

14 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

We are getting black canary and Hugo strange though which is 2 character I have wanted since DC Lego started :thumbup:

I don't remember him having a beard either :shrug_confused:

I think Jor-El might have one. It was just probably obscured due to the fact that he's a hologram in one of Superman's crystals, which contained his memories. Also, I think that head would be perfect if you finally want to make a purist George Lucas due to the very rare mini figure of him.. :sweet: 

jor-el-the-lego-batman-movie-4-1.07.jpg

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, has anyone realized yet that Black Vulcan's dual molded legs could be adopted for Sinstro? :shrug_oh_well:

I suspect someone meant original Gotham By Gaslight Batman. Nowadays, steampunk Batman is almost always shown with goggles (such as the short-lived Infinite Crisis game), and the conversation on here has talked about the swim-goggles working well recolored, but Gaslight, and presumably the upcoming animated adaptation, are actually pretty light on anything truly steampunk, sticking more to just Victorian, and so does not wear goggles.

Looking again at the figures, a couple of accessories strike me as odd, although some of them welcome. Did Killer Moth have a ray gun in the movie? Did Clock King use two spears (presumably as "clock hands"?

54 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Original comics Bats?

47 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I suspect someone meant original Gotham By Gaslight Batman.

This

50 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Did Killer Moth have a ray gun in the movie? Did Clock King use two spears (presumably as "clock hands"?

No, but nothing new. Magpie didn't use TNT, Mime her electrogloves etc.  

Here's what I think is good in series 2:

#1 The Wonder Twins ( Should have come with Gleek like the making of TLBM showed )

#2 Black Vulcan

#3 Apache Chief

#4 Black Canary

#5 Jor' El

#6 Zod

#7 Hugo Strange

#8 Clock King

#9 Killer Moth

#10 Dr. Phosphorus

#11 Soccer Mom Batgirl

One's that are unnecessary and whom they should have been replaced with:

#1 FaF Harley ~ Samurai

#2 FaF Alfred ~ Classic Cyborg

#3 Mermaid Batman ~ Hawkman or Silent But Deadly

#4 Vacation Batman ~ The Flash or Gotham by Gaslight 

#5 Vacation Robin ~ Martian Manhunter or Saint Batricks Day 

#6 Vacation Batgirl ~ Green Lantern or Ball Gown Barbra

#7 Vacation Alfred ~ Wonder Woman or The Batriot

#8 Vacation Joker ~ Batman Beyond 

P.S. A Billboard for Professor Pyg's Butcher shop was in the movie.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Unfortunately not, there's some flesh on the legs, it's hard to see but I'm 100% certain I saw flesh.

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

Unfortunately not, there's some flesh on the legs, it's hard to see but I'm 100% certain I saw flesh.

Yeah there definitely is flesh on the legs- he has like little black pants, brown legs and yellow boots.

Anyone else just collecting these for the arm prints & dual molded arms/legs? I have more superheroes in my city than civillians anyway..

Funny how there are still lots of missing figures:
- lots of batman suits
- babs with univerity shirt
- Babs with dress (very unfortunately that we'll never get this..)
- Babs with police training jacked
- the remaining 2 batgirl outfits

6 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Anyone else just collecting these for the arm prints & dual molded arms/legs? I have more superheroes in my city than civillians anyway..

I always look for things i can use (or can use in the future for custom figs). Plus i just love dual-moulding. It's a shame that they make these dual moulded legs and arms in certain colours and then print them, but you can't get them unprinted and are part of cmf figures so they won't show up on BnP. It would be so super useful.

I am actually glad this series isn't all new bat suits. I am completely saturated with all those batmen with a gimmick. I even grow a little aversion against it, then again i'm no batfan of course. The Bat swimming with the dolphin suit is good for having the bare chest and the dolphin, so not totally a waste. But Merbat is. I think nobody is even liking that one. Batman with shells on his titties.

The ones i think could have been replaced for different Justice members or other Batsuits are the FaF Alfred and Harley (is Harley really that popular that she has to be in everything?). The whole holiday line-up is nice, because of the fun things you can do with them. If they wanted Harley so bad, they better had make a Harley Quin bathing suit girl. But then again, the FaF figs will fit nicely with the other FaF figs in that bigger set. So the only two that could have been replaced imho are dolphin batman (we already have holiday batman last series) and merbat because he is so stupid.

If they decide to make more batsuits in the future, i hope it won't be any more sets, but more like that special 4figure set from bricktober. And i can see them giving us a missing justice member as a special gift when ordering for a certain amount.

And then i hope this whole tlbm is finally over.

9 minutes ago, Borex said:

is Harley really that popular that she has to be in everything?

Sadly, yes.