Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Villains - in the movie Joker names a whole bunch of the rogues we see on screen from the cockpit scene. Here are the villains he names:

Joker, Riddler, Scarecrow, Bane, Two-Face, Catwoman, Clayface, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Crazy Quilt, Eraser, Polka-Dot Man, Mime, Tarantula, King Tut, Orca, Killer Moth, March Harriet, Zodiac Master, Gentleman Ghost, Clock King, Calendar Man, Kite Man, Cat Man, Zebra Man, Condiment King

Here are the villains that I know appear in the film who aren't named who appear in the opening battle sequence, in approx. order of appearance (in bold indicates a speaking role or named in-film):

Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc, Man-BatEgghead, Harley Quinn, Mutant Leader, Calculator, Red Hood, Marcus, Kabuki Twins, Magpie, Hugo Strange, Doctor Phosphorus

I wasn't able to spot Man-Bat in that scene, but his poster appears in Gordon's office during the sequence, and he definitely appears in the gala scene. As far as I can tell, these villains appear first during the gala scene as well: Hugo Strange, Magpie, and Doctor Phosphorus.

Did I miss anyone?

Here's what you will notice - the ones in underline have not appeared in an official set/CMF as yet, but we now know that those in red are now rumored (or leaked) to be so.

Ok, where am I going with this? By process of elimination, we can probably expect Doctor Phosphorus to appear somewhere, e.g. CMF, as he is the only remaining villain that appears in the movie that is not "confirmed" to be in physical form (unless someone said it, but I missed it). Discussions about Ventriloquist and Hush are hopeful, but they don't appear in the film, or in the book. So Doctor Phosphorus is the last bit of news we will get villains-wise. That, and my man Marcus.

Edited by linnormlord
Edit: Updated appearances, thanks to Fifulin for pointing them out.

1 hour ago, linnormlord said:

Villains - in the movie Joker names a whole bunch of the rogues we see on screen from the cockpit scene. Here are the villains he names:

Joker, Riddler, Scarecrow, Bane, Two-Face, Catwoman, Clayface, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Crazy Quilt, Eraser, Polka-Dot Man, Mime, Tarantula, King Tut, Orca, Killer Moth, March Harriet, Zodiac Master, Gentleman Ghost, Clock King, Calendar Man, Kite Man, Cat Man, Zebra Man, Condiment King

Here are the villains that I know appear in the film who aren't named who appear in the opening battle sequence, in approx. order of appearance (in bold indicates a speaking role or named in-film):

Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc, Egghead, Harley Quinn, Mutant Leader, Calculator, Red Hood, Marcus, Kabuki Twins.

I wasn't able to spot Man-Bat in that scene, but his poster appears in Gordon's office during the sequence, and he definitely appears in the gala scene. As far as I can tell, these villains appear first during the gala scene as well: Hugo Strange, Magpie, and Doctor Phosphorus.

Did I miss anyone?

Here's what you will notice - the ones in underline have not appeared in an official set/CMF as yet, but we now know that those in red are now rumored (or leaked) to be so.

Ok, where am I going with this? By process of elimination, we can probably expect Doctor Phosphorus to appear somewhere, e.g. CMF, as he is the only remaining villain that appears in the movie that is not "confirmed" to be in physical form (unless someone said it, but I missed it). Discussions about Ventriloquist and Hush are hopeful, but they don't appear in the film, or in the book. So Doctor Phosphorus is the last bit of news we will get villains-wise. That, and my man Marcus.

Nicely done. :classic:

Edited by Minecraft Architect

Just now, AntiKragle said:

Excuse my ignorance but who are the characters above and below King Tut? I don't recall them in the movie so I guess they have a slim chance of making it to CMFs

Above Tut are Silver Banshee (a Superman/Supergirl villain) and the duo of Scarface/Ventriloquist. Below are Doctor Double X (surprising he didn't appear in the film, he seemed the right amount of obscure) and Hush

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Is this a..... coincidence?

Probably lego-design comes from New52-roller Harley, absolutely not from this. 

Hey, i`m new, and i'm comes to collecting lego based on DC in this year after tragic event in my life. I`m read this topic for months and finally comes to registration (sorry for grammatical errors if they have, i`m from Russia (didn't see other guys from Russia in this topic)).

Have a question: which possible time later in this year we probably have better previews for sets Winter-2017 and full list of second CMF? 

Edited by ZoKpooL

On 8/26/2017 at 5:46 PM, Duncan Young said:

Above Tut are Silver Banshee (a Superman/Supergirl villain) and the duo of Scarface/Ventriloquist. Below are Doctor Double X (surprising he didn't appear in the film, he seemed the right amount of obscure) and Hush

I wish I knew who was below Doctor Double X ...

https://i.imgur.com/Ut9v5Ew.jpg

Notice how there are a bunch of Batsuits in the bottom right corner. As far as I can tell, they all appeared in the movie. There are handwritten checkmarks/circles next to a bunch of them*, nearly all of which have come out as minifigs. It's hard to make them out, but here's what I see (underline the ones with checkmarks), strikethrough the ones that have been crossed out, red for the ones that have been released in some physical form:

Top row: Glam MetalFairyExcalibur, El Murcielago, The Batriot, St. Batrick's, Easter Bunny, Baturion, Batpack, Krampus, Clan of the Cave BatRaging Bat

Second row: Scu-Bat, Merbat, Wizbat, Bat-Hurst 1000, SWAT/GCPD, Tears of a Bat (clown)Arctic (film version)TartanClassic"Current"Baturday Night Fever

Third row: Reggae man, Prom Date, Buccaneer, Com-Bat/Desert (2016), Gotham by Gaslight, Batman Beyond, "Comic-Con Exclusive", Arctic (2013), Electric, New 52

Bottom row: ????, Night Terror, Death Merchant, Burning Man/Fire starter, ????, Winged Armageddon, Silent but Deadly, Winged Avenger/Batrishnikov

Note that the first few figures appear in similar order as the making of the movie book, but in the book the designs are the preliminary ones, whereas this photo has the final" designs. Note also that nearly every suit that appeared in the movie is in this image.Boo Batman, Military Leader, Batsketball, appear in the book, but not the movie, nor on this image. None of the tuxedos (Tiger, Kiss-Kiss, Money Suit) appear in this image, nor does Vacation or Lobster-Lovin Batman. Robin tries on several of the crossed out ones in the film. Nightwing and Alfred's '66 also aren't picture here

Help from here http://lego-batman-movie.wikia.com/wiki/Batsuit

*The marks tend to appear to the top-left of a figure, so I consider that ?SWAT? does not have a mark, and that the mark next to it actually belongs to Tears of a Bat, despite the proximity. Further, the "marks" on the bottom row appear to be the text from the row above instead, so I haven't underlined any of them. 

Edited by linnormlord
New information

16 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

I wish I knew who was below Doctor Double X ...

It's look like Deadshot legs from JLU 

If it him, i'm really wonder, why he didn't appeared at all. 

Edited by ZoKpooL

Considering the legs are dark red and the name is approximately the same length as Egghead, it would appear to be Deadshot. Not to mention, the image above the legs seemingly depicts his grey head with a protrusion (Sight).

31 minutes ago, ZoKpooL said:

Have a question: which possible time later in this year we probably have better previews for sets Winter-2017 and full list of second CMF? 

November or December, most likely.

5 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc, Egghead, Harley Quinn, Mutant Leader, Calculator, Red Hood, Marcus, Kabuki Twins.

So Doctor Phosphorus is the last bit of news we will get villains-wise. That, and my man Marcus.

So, who is Marcus? I've never heard of him before. Or is he an original Lego Batman Movie character? 

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

he an original Lego Batman Movie character

Most like homage for one of movie crew's guys 

2 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Notice how there are a bunch of Batsuits in the bottom right corner.

Bottom left looks like it could be a spacesuit due to the visored helmet and blacktron-esque colour scheme. 

The checks mostly match up with the first wave, but we can't really infer anything beyond that since we know many of the crossed out suits like Fire Starter and Reggie Man are getting physical releases.

Just now, Megaflora said:

The checks mostly match up with the first wave, but we can't really infer anything beyond that since we know many of the crossed out suits like Fire Starter and Reggie Man are getting physical releases.

So you think that we could see Ventriloquist & Scarface in this wave?  Potentialy in Wanye Manor?

Edited by Legoman123

Maybe later on in the normal DC line. I don't think they would include them in the LBM line when they don't appear in the movie. 

1 hour ago, Megaflora said:

Maybe later on in the normal DC line. I don't think they would include them in the LBM line when they don't appear in the movie. 

Yeah I don't think they will appear in the LBM sets either, but hey, we get cannonball Harley so there might be a very small chance. But probably not. 

10 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Did I miss anyone?

When Batsy is singing his first I'm Batman, you can see him kick Magpie. When he sings it the second time, you can see him punch Hugo Strange,and the last time, he kicks Phosphorus, so these three are definetly there. Also when Batman, still disguised as the mayor drops down from the plane, you can see Scarecrow ,Kite Man ,Killer Moth and ManBat flying above the other Rogues.

Edited by Fifulin

Now that it's been reaffirmed the Wayne Manor will be coming in January as opposed to October (as I originally hoped. As I've mentioned before, October being my birthday), I need to ask: do VIPs normally get early access to January D2Cs before Christmas? It seems I can only really get it on a holiday so I'd rather get it sooner than wait until next October. An answer is very much appreciated thanks :classic:

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Now that it's been reaffirmed the Wayne Manor will be coming in January as opposed to October (as I originally hoped. As I've mentioned before, October being my birthday), I need to ask: do VIPs normally get early access to January D2Cs before Christmas? It seems I can only really get it on a holiday so I'd rather get it sooner than wait until next October. An answer is very much appreciated thanks :classic:

Theres no certainty yet but it's likely that the Wayne manor will be available before Christmas

If it comes out on January first than it will be December 16th for VIPs.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

4 hours ago, LEGOFANBLUE said:

Theres no certainty yet but it's likely that the Wayne manor will be available before Christmas

4 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

If it comes out on January first than it will be December 16th for VIPs.

I doubt it'll have an early release. I just looked at the last five December calendars and early release was never offered for January D2C sets. 

10 hours ago, Fifulin said:

When Batsy is singing his first I'm Batman, you can see him kick Magpie. When he sings it the second time, you can see him punch Hugo Strange,and the last time, he kicks Phosphorus, so these three are definetly there. Also when Batman, still disguised as the mayor drops down from the plane, you can see Scarecrow ,Kite Man ,Killer Moth and ManBat flying above the other Rogues.

Thanks a bunch! I went back and found them, and updated my earlier post accordingly.