Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

I hope Series 2 isn't cluttered with DC heroes, don't get me wrong, I love 'em, but I want to get my hands all over the bat suits though! Shame about Firestarter in the Bat shuttle set :sad: I love the design of Phosphorus with how the skeleton legs are printed on both sides of the legs unlike the CMF in Series 14 but then again this is the movie and not the final Minifigure in physical form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, x105Black said:

If it's Phosphorus, that'll definitely increase the likelihood of me buying it.  But I'd prefer him in a CMF series anyways.

Gratz!  Also, in previous Thor movies Loki is a villain, and he is in this set.  I know that he may not be a villain in this movie, but my point stands.

Wow. I own two of the arena sets and yet somehow forgot that Loki was in there for a minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But the Shuttle set needs a villain, for playability. All the sets have at least one.

I spose they could arguably get away with no villains in a set at this point. Doesn't the JL dance party have no villains? If they can get away with that one, they could arguably do another set without an antagonist. And let's face it, the presumed target audience for this set and its presumable price point would likely already have other sets from the theme to go alongside it. That is, of course, if there isn't a villain in this one anyway. *Cough cough* Sorry about that, hairball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we going to get any of those skeletons in any of the sets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/8/2017 at 9:45 PM, Duncan Young said:

@Mat099

 

CMF Series 2 (20 figs)

  1. Hugo Strange
  2. Black Canary
  3. Killer Moth (best villain ever!)
  4. Clock King
  5. General Zod
  6. Jor-El
  7. Zan (Male Wonder Twin)
  8. Jayna (Female Wonder Twin)
  9. Unspecified end credits fig (Believed to be the Tropical Joker)

And that's all we know so far! Correct me if I'm wrong :classic:

So, considering there are few other  remaining villains (apart from Dr Phosphorus which could be a great CMF) we can reasonably expect a Robin, Batgirl, Alfred variant, possibly another JL party figure, and if we are not getting Phantom Zone villains then perhaps we are looking at 6 or 7 batsuits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AntiKragle said:

So, considering there are few other  remaining villains (apart from Dr Phosphorus which could be a great CMF) we can reasonably expect a Robin, Batgirl, Alfred variant, possibly another JL party figure, and if we are not getting Phantom Zone villains then perhaps we are looking at 6 or 7 batsuits?

I would throw in a random character like one of the orphans or something as a possibility, and there's still a chance that villains that have appeared only once like freeze could be there too.

still hoping for another 5 or so batmen like S1 though to flesh out the suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, adamtea said:

Post from another thread from https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/2159-csuhuang/ states a Batman D2C coming Nov 13th...

maybe

 

That's an odd release date. I would've expected January 1st, but there are rumors the winter waves for sets will be December 1st instead. The Ninjago Movie has a winter wave set confirmed for that date, so maybe it and the LBM sets are coming out earlier than usual for Christmas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That's an odd release date. I would've expected January 1st, but there are rumors the winter waves for sets will be December 1st instead. The Ninjago Movie has a winter wave set confirmed for that date, so maybe it and the LBM sets are coming out earlier than usual for Christmas? 

The stores in Taiwan set the release dates (for those D2Cs, and they're typically later than what would be the official ones.Take a look at the Millennium Falcon's date on that page, for example. We've been told it's October 1st, yes (which would validate that September early access date as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just wondering if the prices are right on the poster, because if they are the D2C Batman set is more expensive than Ninjago city.

 

P.S. if the price is right than it might be $350 dollars.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I'm just wondering if the prices are right on the poster, because if they are the D2C Batman set is more expensive than Ninjago city.

 

P.S. if the price is right than it might be $350 dollars.

Well, the Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters retailed at that price, so I wouldn't say its that much of a stretch.

With the second wave of TLNM sets being released in December, and the third TLBM wave rumored for the same date, I think that D2C release date could be plausible.

Maybe @just2good could confirm/debunk this?

Edit: Apparently, this user said the catalog image is fake because of its usage of an already debunked image of the USC MF.

 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Edit: Apparently, this user said the catalog image is fake because of its usage of an already debunked image of the USC MF.

Thanks for posting this over here! I personally believe a Wayne Manor D2C is coming (Stash2Sixx confirmed it would have an October 1st release date in the Star Wars thread, and has confirmed it's existence multiple times), but I wouldn't use this catalog as official confirmation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not completely fake, exactly, but I wouldn't go so far as to label it completely legitimate either. The Falcon image I would chalk up to being a placeholder, but the release dates are all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

It's not completely fake, exactly, but I wouldn't go so far as to label it completely legitimate either. The Falcon image I would chalk up to being a placeholder, but the release dates are all over the place.

So, do you know if this release date is legitimate or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dread the number of stickers we'll see for the various photos and paintings in Wayne Manor :look:

Edit- is it possible we'll see Professor Pyg in the CMF. He appeared very briefly on a Gotham billboard so I'm probably reaching..

Edited by Duncan Young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I dread the number of stickers we'll see for the various photos and paintings in Wayne Manor :look:

Edit- is it possible we'll see Professor Pyg in the CMF. He appeared very briefly on a Gotham billboard so I'm probably reaching..

Pictures anyone please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

is it possible we'll see Professor Pyg in the CMF. He appeared very briefly on a Gotham billboard so I'm probably reaching..

Well, considering the fact that the villain vehicles (which were only in the backgrounds of some scenes for mere seconds) were turned into full sized sets, I wouldn't rule out anything like that. Although personally, I would love that Harvey Dent figure :wub:. Also, congrats on 1,000 posts! 

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I dread the number of stickers we'll see for the various photos and paintings in Wayne Manor :look:

Edit- is it possible we'll see Professor Pyg in the CMF. He appeared very briefly on a Gotham billboard so I'm probably reaching..

Sadly, no.

 

8 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Well, considering the fact that the villain vehicles (which were only in the backgrounds of some scenes for mere seconds) were turned into full sized sets, I wouldn't rule out anything like that. Although personally, I would love that Harvey Dent figure :wub:. Also, congrats on 1,000 posts! 

...Which Harvey Dent figure? I mean, Two-Face is readily available...

I don't get it. (Oh wait, are you referring to a concept art design from the book? I bet that's it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked stash2sixx about wayne manor or a winter village set coming with the ucs falcon in october (september for vip's) and he said this:

D2C is all I know for sure, rumor I heard...was it was GBHQ scale. Ok, now I'm guilty...BACK ON TOPIC!

thank you stash again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Sadly, no.

 

...Which Harvey Dent figure? I mean, Two-Face is readily available...

I don't get it. (Oh wait, are you referring to a concept art design from the book? I bet that's it)

The "Vote for Harvey Dent" Billboard that was a concept in the "Making Of" book and featured in the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

I asked stash2sixx about wayne manor or a winter village set coming with the ucs falcon in october (september for vip's) and he said this:

D2C is all I know for sure, rumor I heard...was it was GBHQ scale. Ok, now I'm guilty...BACK ON TOPIC!

thank you stash again.

GB HQ size? I'm already crying. I doubt I'll buy it if it's that expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy cow! That would be immense! I'd have to wait to see it to decide if I would even bother saving up for it. This made me think though, that it would be amazing for us to get a huge batcave someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Which Harvey Dent figure? I mean, Two-Face is readily available...

I don't get it. (Oh wait, are you referring to a concept art design from the book? I bet that's it)

As @J4ck said, I'm referring to the "Vote for Harvey" billboard in the picture linked by @Duncan Young. A regular Harvey Dent would be really nice in my opinion (it could be used to make an origin story or a more accurate Lando minifigure from Star Wars).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

I asked stash2sixx about wayne manor or a winter village set coming with the ucs falcon in october (september for vip's) and he said this:

D2C is all I know for sure, rumor I heard...was it was GBHQ scale. Ok, now I'm guilty...BACK ON TOPIC!

thank you stash again.

Is the Wayne Manor based off of the Lego Batman movie though?  Personally I would prefer if it was comicbook based.

Also are we getting a second CMF line? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.