Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks, this was the review I was waiting for! Artifex's speed build reviews are for me the most helpful, since most reviewers look over the final product only. I think it helps seeing the construction process.

I love the grebble-ing on this set, as also with the other movie Batvehicles. The only weak point I found was the undetailed Batmobile( the front vehicle) section's cockpit and the gaping hole in the rear of that vehicle after the Batbike and tank are separated from it. :sceptic:

But other than that, it looks amazing!

Before I buy any set I always like to watch build videos. I really like seeing the building process. I like how the Bat-tank has engines both on the front and the back, as they really help it blend in with the main Batmobile. 

Accidentally posted this in the DC thread - I picked up the Ultimate Batmobile from Smyths - superb set. The vehicles/the way they fit together is really nice, the bat signal is pretty nice and the minfigures are top notch. Really solid.

Here is my video review.

Will definately be picking up Bane's toxic truck. But the new batmobile- defintately not. It's hideous.

Edited by LegoShroom

17 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

I'm just gonna drop this here:

Just, wow! *oh2*

The vertical landing/takeoff mechanism is unbelievable! It is the best part of this set!

The articulation of the wings is great too, much like the wheel articulation of TLBM Batmobile. The reviewer showed also this model's strength, which is pretty much unshakable.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but the Batwing's cargo hull and Robin go kart is I think the designers' humorous take on the JL Flying Fox. :wink:

Edited by Captain Nemo
Do not quote media.

It's nice to see Harley's cannon has the ball joint (and a possibility) to have her truck in 3rd wave of TLBM. That way she can put it on the back of her pick up.

But who knows, probably it's there for balancing purpose only. 

That the Batwing cockpit seats two is nice also, and the grebble-ing on the wings with the Nexo shields I like also.

I keep on ignoring this thread for awhile now but I read 2 pages back that Batcave was on sale. Did anyone get the same offer from your favourite stores?

The Batman Classic TV Series had a promotion of free 1 BOX of Batman CMF for at least 2 weeks in my local retailers. It's like getting close to 50% off. Then I went to my local LCS this week and the promotion seems to be finished already. That's probably the first batch of clearance I am going to see. Some shops continue to offer free packets of TLBM minifigures for every purchase of Batman / Super heroes set but sooner or later the sets may just go on discount. To think the 3rd wave of Batman was not been released yet, it's quite anticlimactic.

That Ultimate Batmobile looks like a great set! I'm a sucker for combo vehicles, and the flying monkey and Polka-Dot Man are fantastic minifigures. The Batwing mechanism is a surprise, but Harley is still the only thing I really want from it. 

32 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

That Ultimate Batmobile looks like a great set! I'm a sucker for combo vehicles, and the flying monkey and Polka-Dot Man are fantastic minifigures. The Batwing mechanism is a surprise, but Harley is still the only thing I really want from it. 

Harley is the standout in that Batwing set, but I'm also interested in seeing how much of a headache it will be to get those wings on the Scuttler.

Hang about, the female cop in the Two Face set uses the same face as the exclusive Wonder Woman from the encyclopaedia. And there was me thinking it was an exclusive head piece 

Edited by Quicksilver838

The head of the Batman figure in the ultimate Batmobile set seems to be a new one, isn't it?

There's a question - is The Lego Batman Movie sets the best lego has ever been? I can't think of a theme where almost every set without exception was so excellent and that's to say nothing of the figures - surely for figures there's even less of a doubt?

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

Just now, TheBrickHitHouse said:

There's a question - is The Lego Batman Movie sets the best lego has ever been? I can't think of a theme where almost every set without exception was so excellent and that's to say nothing of the figures - surely for figures there's even less of a doubt?

The sets are only great if you ignore the prices. The prices for TLBM are really too high IMO.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

The sets are only great if you ignore the prices. The prices for TLBM are really too high IMO.

Yeah, the WB tax on  these hurts.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That the Batwing cockpit seats two is nice also, and the grebble-ing on the wings with the Nexo shields I like also.

I feel like Greebling is spelled wrong -_- :grin:

4 hours ago, Mat099 said:

The head of the Batman figure in the ultimate Batmobile set seems to be a new one, isn't it?

Looks like it

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I don't think the prices are too high. The only overpriced sets to me are the Lowrider, Croc's Tail-Gator, and the Toxic Truck Attack. The last two are more understandable since bigfig sets are always more expensive. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don't think the prices are too high. The only overpriced sets to me are the Lowrider, Croc's Tail-Gator, and the Toxic Truck Attack. The last two are more understandable since bigfig sets are always more expensive. 

• Joker Balloon Escape: Great value imo
  • Catwoman Catcycle Chase: Nice figures but they're mostly reused from other sets and final model is small for $20
  • Scarecrow Special Delivery: Uninspired figures and build is too small for $20
  • Mr Freeze Ice Attack: Builds are a bit better but half the set is lame (Gotham Energy Facility part) which makes the set have poor value
  • Penguin Artic Roller: Way too small for $30
  • Riddler's Riddle Racer: The car is pretty bland, villains are nothing special apart from the Riddler. Too small for $30
  • Clayface Splat Attack: Better value than other $30 sets but only 2 minifigures included (1 is the regular Batman) also weakens it on the value front
  • Joker Notorious Lowrider: Really overpriced. Such a shame
  • Batmobile: Okay, this has great value.
  • Tail-Gator: Really overpriced. Even with Croc on top of the truck the set doesn't seem worth the $70 price tag
  • Scuttler: Box art makes it seem quite large but final model is a little bit skinny for the price.
  • Batcave: The size is okay for $100 but the cave itself is rather lacklustre
  • Arkham: Good value.

46 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:
  • Joker Balloon Escape: Great value imo
  • Catwoman Catcycle Chase: Nice figures but they're mostly reused from other sets and final model is small for $20
  • Scarecrow Special Delivery: Uninspired figures and build is too small for $20
  • Mr Freeze Ice Attack: Builds are a bit better but half the set is lame (Gotham Energy Facility part) which makes the set have poor value
  • Penguin Artic Roller: Way too small for $30
  • Riddler's Riddle Racer: The car is pretty bland, villains are nothing special apart from the Riddler. Too small for $30
  • Clayface Splat Attack: Better value than other $30 sets but only 2 minifigures included (1 is the regular Batman) also weakens it on the value front
  • Joker Notorious Lowrider: Really overpriced. Such a shame
  • Batmobile: Okay, this has great value.
  • Tail-Gator: Really overpriced. Even with Croc on top of the truck the set doesn't seem worth the $70 price tag
  • Scuttler: Box art makes it seem quite large but final model is a little bit skinny for the price.
  • Batcave: The size is okay for $100 but the cave itself is rather lacklustre
  • Arkham: Good value.

I disagree with most of your points, but it's inevitable that opinions will differ. I do think it's super annoying how few figures some sets have, like the Clayface one or the new Batwing. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I disagree with most of your points, but it's inevitable that opinions will differ. I do think it's super annoying how few figures some sets have, like the Clayface one or the new Batwing. 

Yeah it kinda sucks. But I guess if the Clayface and Arctic Roller both had 5 figures then the Riddler set won't sell well. I guess LEGO needs all their sets to be around the same level of attractiveness.

49 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yeah it kinda sucks. But I guess if the Clayface and Arctic Roller both had 5 figures then the Riddler set won't sell well. I guess LEGO needs all their sets to be around the same level of attractiveness.

Clayface makes more sense since the build itself was a third character, but Penguin's limo could've done with another figure. The Batwing could've had at least 3 more figures. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Sorry for the off-topic post, but when will the summer wave be available? June 1st?

I've got a thing for big figs lately and the Bane fig interests me.