Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, dario2739 said:

Quick heads-up for UK members, Morrisons have the Lego Batman Movie comic with Batman minifigure polybag... I assume other shops (WHSmiths etc) will have it too.

For those who aren't and the UK, who don't know what Morrisons is and who was unable to find anything when searching in Google. What is it? 

It's a supermarket.

I've seen them about in a few places, including WH Smiths, Tesco etc. Basically, check out the kind of place you might find a kids book and you'll have a good chance of getting one. 

Hi guys .. just been to the UK's Meadowhall ( a huge shopping mall ) spent over £100 in the Lego store .. but  smart enough that we split the things we were buying between us so we both got the free Batman polybag 'Tears of a Clown / Disco Batman ( men ? ) 

Also called in the WH Smith's while I was there .. their Lego's is buy one get one half price .. the only Lego Batman Movie set they had was Clay Face .. although according to the shelving barcodes there should have been another set .. one was listed at £29.99 the other was £19.99 ( but no set descriptions ) 

Can't find any of the sets on their website though .. just in case it's of any use to anyone ?

Edited by Jarreth2

Visited Leister Square today. I bought the Lowrider and Batmobile for £99.99 as well as the GCPD pack. Used an extra£10 on my VIP card to get more money off. Unfortunately, the clown/disco polybag was sold out but I was given a SW A-Wing pilot poly instead. I'll build them when I get back to my hotel

8 hours ago, dario2739 said:

That's a great design – much better than the one they went with in my opinion... I don't really like the movie Riddler's look either.

It's funny, cause I really, really like the Riddler's suit/body, but the head bothers me due to the off-kilter/center nature of it, but then the older non-hair hats from before look TOO plain to me now - I've been spoiled!  lol

8 hours ago, dario2739 said:

Quick heads-up for UK members, Morrisons have the Lego Batman Movie comic with Batman minifigure polybag... I assume other shops (WHSmiths etc) will have it too.

Is it just a Batman minifig? Nothing special?

Official NYTF Press Statement:

"Inspired by the animated adventure The LEGO® Batman Movie, starring DC's iconic Super Hero, a collection of 18 building sets will be available so that fans can recreate their favorite scenes from the film. Builders can help Batman save Gotham City from The Joker's hostile takeover with sets including Batcave Break-in and Catwoman Catcycle Chase. Sets range from $15.99 to $179.99.*"

*Canadian pricing?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

Official NYTF Press Statement:

"Inspired by the animated adventure The LEGO® Batman Movie, starring DC's iconic Super Hero, a collection of 18 building sets will be available so that fans can recreate their favorite scenes from the film."

That leaves how many sets yet to be released?

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

That leaves how many sets yet to be released?

All 18 are on the first page

On 14/2/2017 at 8:50 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Oh, one other thing: the book says that they liked Lego's Man-Bat design the best already, which is pretty funny since nobody's ever seemed all that thrilled about it, especially about its inclusion in the sets :grin:

Really?

Because they could have updated him a little bit by adding some printing in the legs like tattered pants or someting, similar to the S14 Wolf Guy

Or they could have used the S15 Faun legs

Edited by Robert8

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Really?

Because they could have updated him a little bit by adding some printing in the legs like tattered pants or someting, similar to the S14 Wolf Guy

Or they could have used the S15 Faun legs

Honestly? My least favorite part's always been the head print. Something about it just seems very wrong. The figure as a whole kinda fails to convey the ferocity of the character, anyway. He just seems kinda pathetic for what's supposed to be a giant anthropomorphic bat-monster. 

PBlafrz.png

So I noticed a couple very minor differences between Freeze's mech in the movie and the set. The 1x1 round tile and 1x2 plate in his chest and the dishes in his gun should be dark trans. blue instead of light blue, the sloped vents on his chest should be dark bluish gray instead of light bluish gray, and the round pieces on the bottom of the two tanks on his back should have studs instead of being tiles.

So very minor differences and easy fixes if you desire.

Edited by LegoTFGuy

We will be getting a huge set! :D

Lego's announcement for New York toy fair says we will be getting a $179.99 set. Can't wait to see what it is.

Licensed Building – Warner Bros. Consumer Products (Ages 5+)
Inspired by the animated adventure The LEGO® Batman Movie, starring DC’s iconic Super Hero, a collection of 18 building sets will be available so that fans can recreate their favorite scenes from the film. Builders can help Batman save Gotham City from The Joker’s hostile takeover with sets including Batcave Break-in and Catwoman Catcycle Chase. Sets range from $15.99 to $179.99.

2 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Lego's announcement for New York toy fair says we will be getting a $179.99 set. Can't wait to see what it is.

Licensed Building – Warner Bros. Consumer Products (Ages 5+)
Inspired by the animated adventure The LEGO® Batman Movie, starring DC’s iconic Super Hero, a collection of 18 building sets will be available so that fans can recreate their favorite scenes from the film. Builders can help Batman save Gotham City from The Joker’s hostile takeover with sets including Batcave Break-in and Catwoman Catcycle Chase. Sets range from $15.99 to $179.99.

I'm afraid not, we already know 18 sets.

The prices in the announcement are not US dollars as the Joker balloon escape is only $14.99 not $15.99.

2 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

I'm guessing it's going to be the mansion, maybe? (a facade building?)

2 minutes ago, Kjellevirus said:

I'm guessing it's going to be the mansion, maybe? (a facade building?)

There isn't going to be another set we already know 18 sets and those prices are not US.

The prices may be Canadian with the $15.99 one actually meaning the GCPD pack. This would still cover the 18 "building sets" too as LEGO counts that as accessory pack and not an actual set.

Guys, on a numerical keyboard, the number 4 is below the number 7. A slip of the finger, and, boom, $149.99 is suddenly $179.99.

As all 18 TLBM sets have been announced, and typos have been pretty common in Toy Fair press releases, it would make sense that that's the case.

Yeah, we all know of the 18 sets they've said about - the 13 from the Winter Wave, and the upcoming 5 in the Summer Wave (The Scarecrow, Bane, Batwing, Ultimate Batmobile and Two-Face sets). The prices seem to be Canadian, since The Balloon Escape is $15.99 and Arkham is $179.99 in Canada. There is no new huge set they're unveiling.