Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Anyone managed to get their hands on the Toys R Us mini batmobile polybag?  

I got a few from my local Toys R Us in New Jersey

42 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I picked up a couple at toys r us. They were free with $30 purchase. 

As a side note anyone think they went a bit over board with the number of sets released and are yet to be for the movie? I know it's their chance to shine but a whole 20 CMF, 19 boxed sets ( with some really big ones in there ) and an armsfull of polybags?

The sets are all very nice, and the mini-figs have a league of their own details wise but for collectors out there isn't it a bunch of big pills to swallow all at the same time?

Edited by RetroInferno

31 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

As a side note anyone think they went a bit over board with the number of sets released and and are yet to be for the movie? I know it's their chance to shine but a whole 20 CMF, 19 boxed sets ( with some really big ones in there ) and an armsfull of polybags?

The sets are all very nice, and the mini-figs have a league of their own details wise but for collectors out there isn't it a bunch of big pills to swallow all at the same time?

Where are these "big pills", you speak of? Are they included in all the sets, or perhaps an exclusive of some type? Also, do we need a prescription for them?

Edited by Dunedain

Forgive me if this has been posted before but could this be the last set that hasn't been revelead?

IMG_0241.PNG

On 1/30/2017 at 11:22 PM, Rendar said:

Forgive me if this has been posted before but could this be the last set that hasn't been revelead?

I think it's the Batwing that was originally rumored to be 30$, so does that mean that 90$ one is the one that transforms?

The Brick Fan states that the exclusive mini figure for the AMC Theaters giveaway  is indeed the phantom zone poly bag.

2 hours ago, Rendar said:

-snip-

-snip-

Hmm interesting. I have not seen this before. However it only looks slightly smaller than the $90 one so if this is $30 I will be really confused by LEGO's pricing policy.

1 hour ago, JACKATTACKS said:

THE BATWING IS PERFECTION!!!!! Also love Harley's cannon as well. The others are a bit meh.

Did you see the price of the Batwing?

17 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hmm interesting. I have not seen this before. However it only looks slightly smaller than the $90 one so if this is $30 I will be really confused by LEGO's pricing policy.

Did you see the price of the Batwing?

Price. Yeah... Well, I only plan on buying the batwing and mr freeze and depending on how I play my cards, I might end up with the batwing for my birthday/Christmas. So, when are these sets being released????

8 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

So I went back to look at the pictures for the umpteenth time and I was able to zoom in really close! The name of the Batcycle is the Bat Hawk. Also my suspicions were right about there being new Batman expressions, and it looks like there are two new ones in the Twoface and Bane set. Unless those two expressions are the same head. 

Also the toxic tank at the back of Bane's set with the skull on it says Ace Chemicals on the sticker and not Gotham Energy... Interesting :sweet:

I said that few posts above you :hmpf_bad:

13 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Price. Yeah... Well, I only plan on buying the batwing and mr freeze and depending on how I play my cards, I might end up with the batwing for my birthday/Christmas. So, when are these sets being released????

June.

2 hours ago, Rendar said:

Forgive me if this has been posted before but could this be the last set that hasn't been revelead.

5th set is Batmobile that transforms into Batwing, Batcycle and Smaller Batmobile. I think that this is Batwing from that transformation.

The new sets look really good, I think the first wave was better but the builds here are really solid and because of this they all feel like the Penguins car lacking a higher quantity of minifigures.

Anywayyy picked some of the LB cmfs got Lobster Batman, Catman, mime, Gordan, Red Hood, Orca, Harriet, and Joker. Felt a couple of them and others were ramdom I'm just glad I didn't get any duplicates. The only other ones I really want are Dick Grayson and Vacation Batman so if any one as any tips they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I said that few posts above you :hmpf_bad:

Ya sorry didn't see that. I don't read through people's blocks of text about their thoughts :sadnew:

If that is the Batwing it looks garbage. Like absolutely pathetic. Also glad to hear that the AMC thing will be the Phantom Zone polybag. 

29 minutes ago, HarrisonWells said:

I'm personally glad the amc thing is not exclusive, then I don't have to worry about tracking down another polybag.

I'm chuffed with this bit of news too. It can be a bit of a nightmare trying to get these polybags over to the UK and usually cost me an arm and a leg like those Target Cubes!

I like the fact that some of the Batman faces have different expressions, are there some higher res images where I can see them a bit better? I can't seem to zoom to see properly on my computer. I'm assuming that puts us up to 5 different black suit bats with different faces, and then another with the black wings (only counting black suits).

I think the thing this wave does differently for Super Hero Lego is it has GOOD builds. Penguin's car is just freakin' beautiful. Usually Super Hero Lego have some really lame builds IMO. I'd given up on them. They were clearly more about the minifigures. It wasn't entirely Lego's fault because unless it's the Batmobile there's few things really iconic about the builds. You can't really compare it to Star Wars which has 1000 iconic vehicles! This year though they've done really well. While Penguin's car might not be ICONIC it's just freakin' well made and looks fantastic. Same with a lot of the other sets.

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I can't upload them because "You are only allowed to upload 61.44kb."

No worries - thanks for trying to link me. I'll have another search online.

3 minutes ago, BrickG said:

I think the thing this wave does differently for Super Hero Lego is it has GOOD builds. Penguin's car is just freakin' beautiful. Usually Super Hero Lego have some really lame builds IMO. I'd given up on them. They were clearly more about the minifigures. It wasn't entirely Lego's fault because unless it's the Batmobile there's few things really iconic about the builds. You can't really compare it to Star Wars which has 1000 iconic vehicles! This year though they've done really well. While Penguin's car might not be ICONIC it's just freakin' well made and looks fantastic. Same with a lot of the other sets.

Agreed! Even the Riddle Racer looks great and I enjoyed putting that together, the fact it came with 5 minifigs was amazing. Haven't got the Penguin car yet but will be picking that up for sure when budget allows. The minifigures are fantastic (although lacking a bit on some sets) but some of the builds do make up for it which is a lovely change. There are some previous sets I had from other Super Hero sets I wish I never got rid of (Milano / Malibu Mansion etc) but there was a vast majority I got and didn't even build before passing back on through eBay.

I really do need to sort some sort of shelving area out so I have somewhere to keep these out.

12 hours ago, eldiano said:

I got one two Saturdays ago, went back this past Saturday and they were sold out

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

19 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

I really wanna see that final set now, I wonder why it didn't show up too. Spoilers maybe? 

They always reveal on big set at US Toy Fair, they did it with Metal Beard's ship a few years ago, so I wonder if they are holding it for that

22 minutes ago, kastorskorner said:

They always reveal on big set at US Toy Fair, they did it with Metal Beard's ship a few years ago, so I wonder if they are holding it for that

I guess the D2C Pirates of the Caribbean will be revealed there. Since it is available for VIP members in March.

okay I just went to my local lego store where I picked up killer crocs tail gator and the batmobile

amazingly they had all the lego batman movie polybags instore so I grabbed the lot and they were all at £3 each even the disco and clown batman pack

next week im getting the arkham asylum set since I don't own one yet plus to me its just as good as the previous 2

6 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

okay I just went to my local lego store where I picked up killer crocs tail gator and the batmobile

amazingly they had all the lego batman movie polybags instore so I grabbed the lot and they were all at £3 each even the disco and clown batman pack

next week im getting the arkham asylum set since I don't own one yet plus to me its just as good as the previous 2

Did they had the battle pod with the tiger suit?