Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I hope that's not the right final price on the Joker car.

The Batmobile I could see being $60, but Joker's car isn't that big at all and only has 430 pieces.

Compare the length in studs.

60$ for Batmobile I can understand, but 50$ for Jokers Lowrider? That's overpriced, but keeping in line with recent prices. But Jokers Lowrider is too good of a set to pass up. So day one purchase.

I am in love with that new joker car and figures for that set :wub_drool::excited:!! But 50 dollars!? and that's in the US making it about 60 here in Canada! That's outrageous! Plus that article says its got a piece count of 433, which i have a hard time believing just looking at the car. maybe I'm wrong but it sure doesn't look like there's 433 pieces crammed into that car, just from quickly looking on lego.com sets like the haunted lighthouse and big bang theory have the same approximate price range (BigBang being 484 and HauntedLightHouse being 437) and they are on a way bigger scale build wise. the lighthouse has 5 figures, an island build, a lighthouse, and a boat! there's no way that is the equivalent of this car :wacko:. I just hope there's at least another build in the set if that's the price point because I don't know if I have the physical capacity to pay 60 dollars for it :look:. I hope I don't sound unreasonable it just really doesn't look like a 60 dollar set to me :sceptic:.

Meanwhile I'm not really worried about the batmobile as that Price at least kind of makes sense. plus I just got Jokerland am not really in the market for another batmobile, or manbat for that matter.

Ouch that is indeed pretty steep... I guess I better start saving for next year then because if this is only 2 of 13 and already $110 combined.... lets just say my wallet is very sad.

I guess Harley Quinn will be exlcusive to that set.

Buy yeah... $50? :wacko:

Compare the length in studs.

I count ~30.

The BvS Batmobile is ~25, had a (small) secondary build with it, and was $30 for 306 pieces.

So the Joker car has 130 more pieces for an extra $20.

No matter which way you measure it, that price is not awesome.

No, it looks like the torso piece is new and extends a bit down over his hips to simulate an actual vest. I'd suggest looking at the picture on a phone and zooming in as far as you can.

It is just printed to look like this. 100% sure.

I have high hopes for this entire line. Superheroes sets have never had great builds and I am sure I am not the only one who mainly buys them for the minifigs. But considering this is a LEGO Movie tie-in and the quality of those sets being so high this could be some of the best/ most creative builds (DC at least) has got.

And looking at these two sets I am definitely not disappointed. While I agree the Batmobile doesn't look like a traditional Batmobile the build is still decent. The Joker's lowrider is definitely one of my favorite vehicles LEGO has ever made (along with the Agents convertible from 2008). Plus the mini-figures for both are honestly incredible in my opinion (With exception to Man-bat and maybe even Batman but even they are decent grabs). I look forward to seeing what else this theme has to offer, because as of now I am very impressed.

Been holding out on putting my opinion here so I could really judge the sets:

The Batmobile:

It looks different, which is good. It has seats for both batman and robin which is something I've wanted for a long time. Robin looks cute, I don't understand why he's getting so much hate. I don't have a Man-Bat so his inclusion is a plus for me. The kabuki twins I didn't know of until now and they look good and 60$ is a good price to put this at.

Joker's Low Rider:

This set looks awesome! The only thing I kinda don't like is the open roof but it makes sense with Harley's hair so I guess it's fine. Speaking of Harley she looks amazing. Her hair is a nice new piece and the printing is a nice inclusion. Joker looks good also, he's a little different than the photos from yesterday showed so hopefully we get that version too. Batgirl is spectacular and my favorite figure this wave so far the new head mould works for a '66 variant which we didn't get in the cave. The yellow batarang and belt are also good new pieces. But 50$ is a little to much so hopefully it's a little less but I'm definitely buying it either way.

All in all both these sets look great and I can't wait to see what the rest of the sets, the CMFs, and the movie have in store.

These sets look pretty good, but the prices seem a little high. They will be even higher in Germany then. Meh.

I am not too fond of Jokers face (one teeth sticking out..?!) but I am sure there will be alternate faces on other joker figures.

So all in all there will be 11 more sets with a lot of surprises and great and detailed figures, I suppose. Everything but my wallet is optimistic ;-)

The first time we get a hen piece in gold I believe?

I am hoping the penguin will have a whole flock of the new CMF penguin mould as "henchmen" in at least one of the sets :wink:

Must be a reason why they put a stud on its back right :grin:

The front's not wide enough for that. I'm thinking there's ratchets on the back wheel hubs too, and it will be able to strafe/rotate like the Arkham Knight Batmobile.

fair enough

Wait what ??!!! 50$ for Jokers ride??? That's overpriced...too overpriced for my liking.Damn I can imagine how much will it cost in euro.

My wallet will bleed next year.Speaking of bleeding.....

Lego:Do you bleed?? *Shows set prices* You will.....

Sorry I couldn't resist........

Edited by LOTR34

Wait what ??!!! 50$ for Jokers ride??? That's overpriced...too overpriced for my liking.Damn I can imagine how much will it cost in euro.

My wallet will bleed next year.

Lego:Do you bleed?? *Shows set prices* You will.....

Ha that's a good one.

Wowzas. LOVE that Harley figure, but jeeeez, the prices man!

Just want to compare a few things...

2016 BvS Batmobile = 306 pieces = £30

2017 Joker Lowrider = 433 pieces = £50

2017 Hulk vs Red Hulk = 375 pieces = £60

Feels like next year LEGO's gonna cost us so much more. And there's still 11 more sets to be confirmed. I need a tissue, gonna start crying

Edited by Quicksilver838

Wowzas. LOVE that Harley figure, but jeeeez, the prices man!

Just want to compare a few things...

2016 BvS Batmobile = 306 pieces = £30

2017 Joker Lowrider = 433 pieces = £50

2017 Hulk vs Red Hulk = 375 pieces = £60

Feels like next year LEGO's gonna cost us so much more. And there's still 11 more sets to be confirmed. I need a tissue, gonna start crying

Well I think the Joker set will be around £40-45 here but Lego's never been able to stick to the exchange rates

Well I think the Joker set will be around £40-45 here but Lego's never been able to stick to the exchange rates

I'm not good at translating money (without Google), just assumed it would be the same price with America, just in pounds

Edited by Quicksilver838

These sets are a pleasant surprise! :wub: I love the Joker car and the figures, and I think the henchman from the Batmobile are Penguin's from The Batman, which is odd considering he is not in the set.

Edited by Airbenderfreak

These sets are a pleasant surprise! :wub: I love the Joker car and the figures, and I think the henchman from the Batmobile are from The Batman

You are not wrong good sir/ma'am (sorry you never know with usernames), they only appear in the series.

I've never heard of them, but they're pretty accurate in LEGO form; http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kabuki%20Twins%20(The%20Batman)

Edited by Quicksilver838

These sets are a pleasant surprise! :wub: I love the Joker car and the figures, and I think the henchman from the Batmobile are Penguin's from The Batman, which is odd considering he is not in the set.

I think Penguin was originally considered for the set but was instead put in his own car shown in the Joker promo image