Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

TRU UK is selling the CMFs and some of the sets.

I got:

•  Red Hood
  • Zodiac Man
  • Orca
  • Glam Rock Bats, and
  • Lobster-Lovin' Bats.

I wasn't really paying attention to the sets but they definitely had The Riddler Riddle Race, Catwoman Catcycle Race, Mr Freeze Ice Attack and Joker Balloon Escape. They may have had some bigger sets too, I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I just went to a target and guess what...no cmf, they have batman movie clocks, posters, sets, costumes, pretty much everything except the figures!

YMMV for sure. One Target in town has the bulk of the sets. They have had them since about a week before Christmas. A different Super Target had the normal 4 sets, but also the CMF. Another Target only had the normal 4 sets released at that time. Now that was prior to Christmas. Looking now, only the one Target still has the bulk of the sets, but the other two are empty as can be. So who knows what/when you'll find things.

1 hour ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I just went to a target and guess what...no cmf, they have batman movie clocks, posters, sets, costumes, pretty much everything except the figures!

I went in and it looked like a CMF bomb had gone off. Series 16 and Disney Series discarded on practically every aisle in the toy section. Someone had taken the last seven TLBM packs and left them by some Paw Patrol toys. Managed 4/6 I still wanted to get, as well as a Phantom Zone polybag. Those were over in the Valentine's Day area, curiously enough.

Wal-Mart has yet to put out anything aside from the first three sets. Haven't bothered to check TrU, yet.

Edited by K_Tiger

2 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:
3 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

YMMV for sure. One Target in town has the bulk of the sets. They have had them since about a week before Christmas. A different Super Target had the normal 4 sets, but also the CMF. Another Target only had the normal 4 sets released at that time. Now that was prior to Christmas. Looking now, only the one Target still has the bulk of the sets, but the other two are empty as can be. So who knows what/when you'll find things.

My local argos (not the same as target but same story) had the batcave, and just the batcave, available to collect in 5 days yesterday, so I reserved one. But today I checked on the website again and it was just out of stock, unavailable to order at all. Weird.

2 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Wal-Mart has yet to put out anything aside from the first three sets. Haven't bothered to check TrU, yet.

My local Walmart had the Riddler Racer, Scarecrow Pizza Delivery and Catwomen Cycle Chase out 

7 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK bar the lego store that has the cmf?

Fort Kinnaird in Edinburgh has them but behind the counter unfortunately. Luckily I picked up the ones I wanted already

Went to Barnes and Noble to try and find the Essential Guide and the book with Tartan Batman but no luck.

I did pull 4 more random figures and got Nurse Harley, Calculator, and 2 Zodiac Masters.

2 minutes ago, Nexo Bricks said:

Went to Barnes and Noble to try and find the Essential Guide and the book with Tartan Batman but no luck.

I did pull 4 more random figures and got Nurse Harley, Calculator, and 2 Zodiac Masters.

The activity book with Tartan Batman is scheduled for Jan 31st.

I went in Books a Million earlier, and they had a sticker book out for The Lego Batman Movie. Nothing new, but better looks at some of the figures that haven't been released yet.

32090456586_154f03d84d_z.jpgHarley Quinn closer look by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

31319163413_d197f415d0_z.jpgScarecrow closer look by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

32090454976_f7e63863b1_z.jpgTwo-Face closer look by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

I didn't realize that this Harley's skirt has two colors before seeing this. Otherwise, though, we've seen her in this image before; Scarecrow and Two-Face, however, I don't believe we've seen this up close yet.

27 minutes ago, Nexo Bricks said:

Ohhhhh, thank you.

You might be able to pick it up early from Target or Walmart in their activity book aisle. B&N is really strict about street dates for books so would be shocked if it shows up early there.

I hate the look of Two Face. His burnt side just looks wrong. I do, however, hope they release a Harvey Dent figure. I'd be very happy to see a minifig more or less of Billy Dee.

27 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I hate the look of Two Face. His burnt side just looks wrong. I do, however, hope they release a Harvey Dent figure. I'd be very happy to see a minifig more or less of Billy Dee.

Keep in mind that they're doing a similar joke as they did with "Good Cop/Bad Cop" in TLM. I don't know if the ugly half of his face is supposed to be gum, or melted plastic (since minifigures are made out of plastic instead of flesh :laugh:). So yeah the whole idea of this minifigure will be some joke that is yet to be seen :wink:

4 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Keep in mind that they're doing a similar joke as they did with "Good Cop/Bad Cop" in TLM. I don't know if the ugly half of his face is supposed to be gum, or melted plastic (since minifigures are made out of plastic instead of flesh :laugh:). So yeah the whole idea of this minifigure will be some joke that is yet to be seen :wink:

Yeah, that's possible. But it's a really odd figure. The Dent half is great, but the Two-Face half looks... eh.

4 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Yeah, that's possible. But it's a really odd figure. The Dent half is great, but the Two-Face half looks... eh.

...just like Good/Bad Cop's face looks odd ;) Great helmet, cool outfit - odd face print. It's a movie not to be taken seriously based on comics that are also not to be taken seriously :wink:
Though of course a popular character like Dent has to be much more controversial if used for such a joke. The problem however is rather that Lego never released any non-ridiculous twoface figure but dozends of repeats.

Or do you prefer that figure? ;)
http://brickset.com/minifigs/sh007/Two-Face-Orange-and-Purple-Suit

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Is that skirt the tutu piece?

And Scarecrow looks amazing

Looks like it. And yes, Scarecrow is brilliant- I'm not normally a big fan, but between the awesome minifigure and surprisingly good build, I am tempted to get his Scarecopter when it comes out. Depends who else is in the Two-Face set. Speaking of which:

17 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

...just like Good/Bad Cop's face looks odd ;) Great helmet, cool outfit - odd face print. It's a movie not to be taken seriously based on comics that are also not to be taken seriously :wink:
Though of course a popular character like Dent has to be much more controversial if used for such a joke. The problem however is rather that Lego never released any non-ridiculous twoface figure but dozends of repeats.

Or do you prefer that figure? ;)
http://brickset.com/minifigs/sh007/Two-Face-Orange-and-Purple-Suit

Oddly, the 2012 Two-Face is less wacky than the retro 40's-80's design that inspired it (which featured green scars, a bow tie and a bold plaid pattern, as seen in this statue: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902549-classic-two-face/lg/batman-two-face-statue-tweeterhead-902549-01.jpg)- I would love to see them do this design with the new bow tie piece :laugh:

As for the actual film Two-Face, I don't think the design works well for any serious version of the character, and I can easily see why people would prefer a less out-there design for the character. That said- it might possibly be my favourite design for the character in any medium, because it is such a completely different design from the usual, and I love how funny and surreal the bad side looks, with the exposed skull, melting hair and suit, and the goofy underwear. Also, I really like how his normal side looks really interesting and cool by itself, as opposed to the rather generic faces and suits of both previous figures. Would I like him to look like this all the time? Probably not, but I like how they've really come up with a design that pays homage to the character's past film appearances while also doing things that would only work in the context of a Lego movie (as regular Harvey Dent isn't made of plastic, for example). 

Okay so I just thought of something really interesting. So in the image linked here:

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/catalogs/-/media/catalogs/activities/batmanmovie/posters/lbm-printable_backgrounds-overviewimage_0006_lbm-1hy17-wallpapers-70906.jpg?l.r2=383737213

You can see another look at the Jokerland. Looking at the picture you can see that it's on a separate island in Gotham, like Wayne manor. So, I think that the Joker turns Wayne manor into his own Jokerland in the movie. This seems even more probable when you look at the actual structure of the building, which looks really similar to Wayne Manor, just with all of the Joker stuff plastered onto it. Even the bushes in the front match up with Wayne Manor's. So, when we see him break into the Batcave at the end of the newest trailer, he probably conquered Wayne Manor and transformed the whole place into Jokerland. Thoughts? 

Would make a cool set.

Wayne Manor:

Edited by GentlemanJoker

I think that Jokerland looks more like Arkham 

And it looks like it could be a D2C