Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

That's 14 suits in total. I want 11 of them. Thanks again lego for killing my wallet.

I got 15, including the black suit

But then there are the other suits that have come in previous sets that are in the movie. Also just got back from Toysrus with Arkham and Freeze. No CMF's though. 

Well, we can display them in the newly revealed display case:

HothBricks also showed the smaller version of this and some lunch boxes and bricks storage boxes.

4066 LEGO BATMAN MOVIE MINIFIGURE DISPLAY CASE 16

7 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Do we know how many figures these cases hold? I count 16 in the large one but i'm not 100% sure.

Yeah it's 16 in the larger one and 8 for the other one :classic:

I'll be honest, I loved the sets initially, but the ridiculousness of some of these suits is putting me off the theme. Sure it's fun to be silly with Batman, but I just feel like someone said 'What can we put Batman in now', and people just threw ideas at them and not a whole lot of thought went into the costumes. I am especially hating the clown.

30 minutes ago, Catanas said:

I'll be honest, I loved the sets initially, but the ridiculousness of some of these suits is putting me off the theme. Sure it's fun to be silly with Batman, but I just feel like someone said 'What can we put Batman in now', and people just threw ideas at them and not a whole lot of thought went into the costumes. I am especially hating the clown.

This. I understand that it is (mostly) aimed at kids and the 'goofy' suits/villians etc. will work for that audience, but as a comic / Batman fan they really are pushing it to the limit. 

14 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

This. I understand that it is (mostly) aimed at kids and the 'goofy' suits/villians etc. will work for that audience, but as a comic / Batman fan they really are pushing it to the limit. 

Couldn't agree with you guys more. This was the chance for us to get wacky villains that people want that wouldn't fit into the normal DC theme, yet we get Mime and Orca? Not to say no one wants them, but I'd imagine them to be the minority here. 

I'm still very curious as to why some of these ridiculous batsuits are being put out but not a single Batman Beyond suit. I mean, come on! I bet some of these aren't even in the movie, or at the very back of the batsuit chamber, but a suit like this is left on the fence. Just irritates me really.

More practical batsuits such as the scu-bat would be welcomed by myself, and a batman beyond suit would be amazing. I feel they've missed the opportunity to give us batsuits that actually do appear in the comics, such as vampire batman or possibly a batman from earth one (with no white eyes and a weir 3d logo). I'm fine with almost all of these batsuits at the moment though, except the two tuxedo batsuits (tiger print and kiss kiss).

Kind of agree about the wacky Batsuits (the only one I think I'm getting is Fairy Batman because of how hilarious it is :laugh:) but I really like the inclusion of ultra-obscure villains who'd otherwise never appear in a set, especially as for many of them appearing in this line is the highest-profile appearance they've ever had. For example, I would really, really like to see a Mad Hatter minifigure, but he could probably headline his own set in the main DC line, while say, the Mime wouldn't be able to do that as she's only been in one comic, which doesn't give you much to go on set-wise. I actually prefer the use of obscure villains to generic henchmen, as the latter are easy enough to build with spare parts. Also, it ultimately isn't up to the set designers, as the film's director was going for as many obscure villains as he could possibly use.

(also I can't help but suspect in Hatter's case that Lego's relationship with Disney has something to do with his absence- unlike March Harriet, Hatter's name and appearance is very much tied to Alice in Wonderland, which complicates things a fair bit- also he isn't a well-known villain among the general public, so people might not understand why a character from Alice in Wonderland is fighting Batman. Disney might not want the Alice hatter tainted by the image of DC's villain)

As for getting more comic-accurate Batsuit variants- I personally don't think they are all that crucial, and they don't strike me as being as appealing to the general public. For example- Earth One Batman isn't that visually exciting, and most children would see it as just another boring grey Batsuit, while Vacation Batman is much funnier, and more people would be interested than just fans of the comics. The only more serious Batsuit variants I could see being appealing might be Elseworlds-type Batsuits marketed under less comic-specific terms (e.g. Gotham By Gaslight becomes "Steampunk Batsuit) or location-specific designs like the Arctic and Desert suits already available. But then I don't see the appeal in owning so many variants, and I don't have either the money or the interest in being a completionist, so it doesn't matter to me as much as it would to people who need everything.

And that Clown suit is horrible, they could've done something brilliant with that concept but the execution is just :sick:

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

They really aren't. Batman is megablocking MENTAL. 

Sheesh. A lot happens in one night! I love that batsignal polybag, the key ring minifigure is pretty good but it is ruined by the keychain. Unfortunately in Australia we never seem to get the polybags in stores.

5 hours ago, BrickOCD said:

I just called LEGO S@H again to verify that they will be selling the Arkham Asylum set Jan 1st.  Even went so far as to ask them to verify it through a manager.  They both said 'Yes, the set will also be available from LEGO"   It's only considered exclusive to ToysRus because it wont be at any other stores.  

So, as far as I can tell, It will be available for purchase Jan 1st online, or you can place an order over the phone through LEGO Jan 2nd.   (He also said there is a large supply on hand)A

I hope they're right because the only ToysRus around here is notorious for underhanded selling practices.  If you are one of the lucky ones to get it - you'll be paying way over retail.  

Went to Toys R Us today.  Indeed they are price gouging to the extreme.  They had all of the new sets out, and all of them were marked up significantly.  Here are some prices that I remember compared to what is on the S@H site:

Batcave Break In----Lego 99.99  Toys R Us 124.99

Jokers Notorious Lowrider Lego 49.99  Toys R Us 64.99

Arkham Asylum Lego 149.99  Toys R Us 179.99 *huh*

Lego Batman Movie minifigure Lego 3.99  Toys R Us 4.99

All other sets were marked up in similar fashion.  I guess we can wait a couple of days for them to make it into the Lego store.  

2 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I'm still very curious as to why some of these ridiculous batsuits are being put out but not a single Batman Beyond suit. I mean, come on! I bet some of these aren't even in the movie, or at the very back of the batsuit chamber, but a suit like this is left on the fence. Just irritates me really.

^THIS!^ I honestly have no interest in any of the goofy suits when we could have gotten some legitimate, awesome variants from the comics. The only one I like is the Glam Metal Batsuit because I think it looks pretty sick. We really should have gotten a Batman Beyond suit at the bare minimum. We could have gotten Gotham by Gaslight, Sinestro Corp, Batman Incorporated, Knightfall suit, One Million, Earth-2, Red Son, Noel, Blackest Night, Brightest Day, Justice League 3000, etc. At least we've gotten Dark Knight of the Round Table and Zur-en-Arrh.

Just picked up the Scarecrow pizza set from Walmart and the Phantom zone Polybag from Target.

17 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

31937685316_e26c84d8cc_c.jpgMy Croc is Bigger Than Yours by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

In case anyone wants a comparison from TLBM Croc to "normal" Croc.

Thanks so much! I've been waiting for this type of picture. He's no Rancor, but he's definitely bigger than a big fig.

3 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Have to agree with this. I would love a dark knight returns big fig batman, Gotham by gaslight, and azrael batman. Well, what can we do...

I'm not too fussed with any of the Bat-variants as they can't really be used in a regular DC display. The C-Z list villains though I love! Zodiac Master, Eraser, Calendar Man and the rest are all welcome inclusions (however I personally would've switched out Tut, Harriet, Orca and Mime for Gentleman Ghost, Crazy Quilt, Polka Dot Man and Condiment King- though there is still a few more waves, fingers crossed) :classic:

59 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Went to Toys R Us today.  Indeed they are price gouging to the extreme.  They had all of the new sets out, and all of them were marked up significantly.  Here are some prices that I remember compared to what is on the S@H site:

Batcave Break In----Lego 99.99  Toys R Us 124.99

Jokers Notorious Lowrider Lego 49.99  Toys R Us 64.99

Arkham Asylum Lego 149.99  Toys R Us 179.99 *huh*

Lego Batman Movie minifigure Lego 3.99  Toys R Us 4.99

All other sets were marked up in similar fashion.  I guess we can wait a couple of days for them to make it into the Lego store.  

Those are our Canadian prices. Weird...

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

^THIS!^ I honestly have no interest in any of the goofy suits when we could have gotten some legitimate, awesome variants from the comics. The only one I like is the Glam Metal Batsuit because I think it looks pretty sick. We really should have gotten a Batman Beyond suit at the bare minimum. We could have gotten Gotham by Gaslight, Sinestro Corp, Batman Incorporated, Knightfall suit, One Million, Earth-2, Red Son, Noel, Blackest Night, Brightest Day, Justice League 3000, etc. At least we've gotten Dark Knight of the Round Table and Zur-en-Arrh.

Agreed. But honestly, I was happy with just the 2012 black and yellow suit, the New 52 suit, and BvS variant. :grin:

Also, just to comment on the lesser known villain topic: I will never forgive Lego for releasing Mime before Solomon Grundy or Mad Hatter :hmpf_bad: lol

Edited by Legocity2713

Wow, that was an experience. I went to my Lego Store to get Red Hood and Gordon, and once I stood there feeling the packs, others joined and it became a rush. One whole box cleared in less than a minute, with people grabbing 3 to 4 packs in handfuls.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

49 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Wow, that was an experience. I went to my Lego Store to get Red Hood and Gordon, and once I stood there feeling the packs, others joined and it became a rush. One whole box cleared in less than a minute, with people grabbing 3 to 4 packs in handfuls.

Ooh, I hate that. It's a race to get the figures you want. :cry_sad:

I'm mostly annoyed at just how many of these Batsuits are just straight-up suits. Like, I can get one or two cutesy tuxedos for the Batman, but it feels like they're just treading water now. How many clever and imaginative suits did we see in the trailer? Why not bust out some of those? I genuinely want them to go full action figure territory at least a couple of times. Bust out the Zebra suit, or the Rainbow suit, or that painfully desired Beyond suit. The trailer had a Bat By Gaslight, a Winged Avenger, a Silent But Deadly, and a Bat-Hurst 1000, and those are just the ones I'm finding from Google Images screenshots! We don't need another suit, we need another BATsuit. Give us something fun.

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm not too fussed with any of the Bat-variants as they can't really be used in a regular DC display. The C-Z list villains though I love! Zodiac Master, Eraser, Calendar Man and the rest are all welcome inclusions (however I personally would've switched out Tut, Harriet, Orca and Mime for Gentleman Ghost, Crazy Quilt, Polka Dot Man and Condiment King- though there is still a few more waves, fingers crossed) :classic:

I don't mind Tut so much, since he's at least a name someone's likely to know, but the rest of those are such nobodies that it's not even cute, it's just kinda boring. Obscurity can be fun, but there's a point where you're just highlighting why these characters are obscure in the first place. Replacing them with - maybe not obscure anymore, but at least niche - characters like Polka Dot Man and Condiment King would've made for a much better wave. Filling the CMF wave with civilians and complete unknowns just discourages me from trying to get all the figures, which I'm positive isn't what Lego wants.