Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

The Kabuki Twins wow that must mean that we are going to get a lot of villains as they are rather obscure. Not really sure how I feel about the belt piece to be honest, I don't get whats wrong with a printed belt I only hope that lego will still include a printed belt underneath the belt piece but judging from the pictures they won't.

So are these confirmed as full sets like the MM and Hulk set or are these like the Batmobile last year where it was only part of the set? It feels like both could have a little more to them.

Not that they necessarily need more to them, just that LEGO usually balances sets more. I'd at least expect a small build for Man Bat and the twins and one for Batgirl.

I kinda like it.

Rather unorthodox for a Batmobile, but the rugged, offroad feel appeals to me.

And having passed up the Manbat Attack set, I can get a Manbat from this instead.

So are these confirmed as full sets like the MM and Hulk set or are these like the Batmobile last year where it was only part of the set? It feels like both could have a little more to them.

Not that they necessarily need more to them, just that LEGO usually balances sets more. I'd at least expect a small build for Man Bat and the twins and one for Batgirl.

Given that this wave has 13 sets which is a huge amount I think that this is the way they are going to go. These sets are ideal examples of that theory as they could easily be in 1 chase set together but now Lego has given us the option of getting the vehicles that we want (plus they will make a lot more money that way).

Is that a new cowl piece for Batgirl?

Yup, the previous one had taller ears and the hair laid against the back of the torso. This one is new and majorly improved.

I love that they changed her skin tone to match the actress playing her. Really I like that they were able to diversify the character while still making it obviously her. With the increasing amount of white woman with red hair popping up in comic book genre stuff I was beginning to feel that Barbara Gordon was looking a little too generic, but this design definitely refreshes the character while keeping the elements people care about. The red velvet hair is a good choice too, helps make her more visually different from Batwoman.

I gotta say I love this Joker set tremendously. The Batmobile set is good too. I gotta say though, these sets make my purchase of the Steamroller and the Man-Bat sets an absolute waste (Same Man-Bat, better Nightwing available elsewhere too, plus better Batgirl and Joker).

Edited by strangely

The Joker set is absolutely amazing! Batgirl and Harley Quinn look fantastic :wub: . The Joker's lowrider is a great vehicle in my opinion. The Batmobile is good, I love Robin and The Kabuki twins. The Batmobile itself is not too great.

These are well, fantastic! The inclusion of the Kabuki twins are great and makes me very hopeful for higher tier villains such as the Hatter and Black Mask. And that Joker vehicle. Great parts in use for Barb and Dick as well. This gives me high hopes for the rest of the wave :grin:

Edited by Duncan Young

Never heard of the Kabuki Twins but man they look awesome! The Batmobile is an interesting deisign and The Joker's Limo is perfect!

No, no, no! Too ridiculous. Batmobile like vehicle from Ninjago. Joker set is not bad, but these figs are unnecessarily strange. I'm afraid about next sets from this wave.

Edited by parsom

Yeah these sets look awesome! I can't wait to see the rest of the wave and this gives me a lot of hope that we'll see more obscure villains now.

The front licence plate of the Batmobile Speedwagon says "Btitude" and the ingot piece is used on the hood of it to.

These sets are amazing, builds are fairly good, the minifigs are awesome (except for man bat :hmpf_bad: )and I might be the odd one out but I don't like Harley and Joker's head that much.

I'm sort of wondering if the Speedwagon will be just one of several Batmobile type vehicles we get.

Still can't decide how to feel about Harley's hair, I both like it and don't like it. I love Joker's hair though (It's very Count Olaf to me, hopefully Lego will do me a favor and give us this hair in more colors down the line).

Whoa! Kabuki twins definitely caught me off guard! Loving the build of Joker's car as it looks very Suicide Squad-ish.

I really want that Harley Quinn bat piece. Its so PERFECT! :wub_drool:

I also love how the Joker's torso and legs look like Heath Ledger's Joker with the pinstripes. :thumbup:

I'm so putting the current Joker head and hair on the torso and legs for the all time best Joker fig ever when it comes out. :excited:

Also 1966 Batgirl for the win!!! Lego didn't do us dirty! :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Batgirl looks blackish in the set photo too. Confirmed to be Barbara Gordon or no?

I see some Suicide Squad movie influence in the Joker and Harley too.

Joker with slicked hair, tattoos on his arms, and a gangster-y feel, with his outfit lacking an overcoat.

Harley has a bomber-looking jacket with a t-shirt underneath. Swapping out her head and hair with the figure released in the Gotham City Cycle Chase set would get probably get you as close as you're going to get to a Squad movie minifigure.

I actually like these sets. Man bat is disappointing, but the kabuki twins are amazing in lego. :thumbup: Robin just looks so weird, i can't accept that fact that it's Dick Grayson. Although, his hairpiece is really nice. Are those goggles connected to the hair? Seems like it, they should have just gone with the spy hair. Joker and Harley are a must have! Harley is the most detailed figure so far, makes me think that the set is going to be expensive. The low rider looks really good, definitely getting that set. Look forward to the rest.

Batgirl looks blackish in the set photo too. Confirmed to be Barbara Gordon or no?

I think thats just what happens when you print flesh onto a purple color.

I'm not sure if it has been explicitly stated, but it could easily be Barbara. Her skin tone is just similar to her voice actor, Rosario Dawson.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure the movie and promotional banner a few pages back would reflect that.

I'm not sure if it has been explicitly stated, but it could easily be Barbara. Her skin tone is just similar to her voice actor, Rosario Dawson.

No problem with that, it's just that Dawson isn't white, and Barbara is Gordon's daughter.

Be a little strange if he was the usual white flesh color, and his daughter is blackish.

The fact that a family member is alongside her in the movie draws attention to the change.