Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

A few days ago I mentioned that it was pretty easy to figure out which Batman Movie minifigure was in each bag .  After 80 bags, I retract that statement.  My thumbs are numb.  And out of the 80, I still couldn't come up with two complete sets.   There's a little boy a couple towns over that's going to be a little dissapointed.   What really sucks is that I wanted to label the rest of these bags and get them back to the store but we had an ice storm.  Too close to Christmas for these to be just sitting here.  Hopefully the streets will get treated today and I can get out.   And, hopefully the workers at Target will leave them labeled.  

The ones I found hardest to figure out were Dick Greyson and Eraser.  With Dick Greyson you have to locate the shark repellent and also the glasses that are attached to his hair.  Zodiac Master kept confusing me too.  Kept thinking the crab was the lobster, but in my defense my thumbs were totally numb.  Eraser guy was only difficult because his head is so small.    Everything else was somewhat easy once I got the small pieces down to the corner of the bag.  The bigger minifigs were real easy like king Tut (my favorite), Harley, and Orca.   

Hope this helps somebody on their search.  Happy hunting!  

A few more tips while I'm thinking about it:

Eraser and Barbara Gordon both have round studs.  Barb's hat gives her away, but sometimes Eraser's round stud is attached to his head.  See if it comes off.  

The handcuffs come in both the Joker and Barbara Gordon but once again, her hat and his hair are good give aways.

Catman's claws fall pretty easily into corner of the bag.

Feel for Glam Metal's guitar.  

There are three different weapons :

Comm Gordon's weapon has a round ball on the end and he also has a square tile.

March Harriet's weapon is a litte more bulky but can she be identified more easily by the ears

Red Hood also has a weapon but is more easily identified by the large red cap and neck attachment.  

3 hours ago, BrickOCD said:

A few days ago I mentioned that it was pretty easy to figure out which Batman Movie minifigure was in each bag .  After 80 bags, I retract that statement.  My thumbs are numb.  And out of the 80, I still couldn't come up with two complete sets.   There's a little boy a couple towns over that's going to be a little dissapointed.   What really sucks is that I wanted to label the rest of these bags and get them back to the store but we had an ice storm.  Too close to Christmas for these to be just sitting here.  Hopefully the streets will get treated today and I can get out.   And, hopefully the workers at Target will leave them labeled.  

The ones I found hardest to figure out were Dick Greyson and Eraser.  With Dick Greyson you have to locate the shark repellent and also the glasses that are attached to his hair.  Zodiac Master kept confusing me too.  Kept thinking the crab was the lobster, but in my defense my thumbs were totally numb.  Eraser guy was only difficult because his head is so small.    Everything else was somewhat easy once I got the small pieces down to the corner of the bag.  The bigger minifigs were real easy like king Tut (my favorite), Harley, and Orca.   

Hope this helps somebody on their search.  Happy hunting!

Thanks for the tips... Orca is the only one i'm not interested in... my son will want her though – I think she'd be better if you swap the fins out and give her black arms with white hands.

Target was bountiful with TLBM sets today. I went 9 for 9 on the CMFs. I still have half-a-dozen to find, but I'll suss them out eventually. Mime struck me as taking the longest, though if I couldn't run a nail along the ribbing on The Eraser he may have proven vexing to locate, too.

Edited by K_Tiger

On 12/12/2016 at 4:02 PM, Tragic Banjo said:

So, there will only be one Batman series in 2017, is what you're really saying.

Nothing for Canada until Boxing Day. 

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Who has them out on boxing day?

The LEGO Store will according to someone on in management (I'm specifying this because some employees didn't know that there were more Rogue One sets on the way....). And I'm not sure when Toysrus will get them because I asked an employee and they said probably with the release of the movie..... 

Silly question, any sightings in the UK yet? I'm constantly checking Toys R Us and the Supermarkets near me but with no luck.

Does anyone know when the sets will be available in Europe/Germany? Because so far there's no clue of them - I'd have at least expected some advertisement in advance.
If the January release is supposed to be worldwide, why don't they do some advertisement then?

11 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Just2Good's got a great review of the Batman in the Phantom Zone Polybag!

Makes me really curious as to what that's supposed to be.

Saw it at Target, in case anyone is looking. Kind of regret not grabbing it just for the Phantom Zone...thing.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please don't quote media

Just came across the CMF series on S@H... $4.99 CAN we went up a dollar too......

Edited by Ashnflash

7 hours ago, sasari said:

Silly question, any sightings in the UK yet? I'm constantly checking Toys R Us and the Supermarkets near me but with no luck.

I got an email from Lego this morning saying their 2017 sets were available and nearly broke my phone hitting the "shop now" button.

But no LBM. We don't seem to get stuff early. Argos sometimes puts stuff out a little early (I got the Dr Strange set a week early), but I think because they're due Jan 1st and Christmas throws any schedule out the window, it's unlikely we'll see them before the official release.

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Just came across the CMF series on S@H... $4.99 CAN we went up a dollar too......

No..... No....... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! ............

I dont know if I'll get them all now............

4 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Oh boy, how nice.

Good thing I'm only grabbing Red Hood and Gordon, but yikes $10....

I'm just amazed at how expensive this wave will be, not including the summer wave. $800 for just this initial wave, not including polybags or the summer wave. With that said, I think I'll stick to only looking for deals. A local Target had the whole line already (outside of Arkham of course). But all full price, so I think I will wait.