Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I just noticed that Joker's low rider seems to be inspired by the Joker goon cars in Batman 1989! If only it had fuzzy dice. And also, there are tiny skulls on Joker's tie.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Why is it called a Notorious Low Rider? It looks like it's been lifted, so as to not be a Low Rider.

These character designs keep getting weirder, but that's just how Batman goes, so it's alright.

Wow, I am really excited for these sets!

Agreed. I was only going to get the Batmobile and Batwing, if made the same as they were in the Lego Movie. (Also assuming we get a Batwing.) Now however, just from what little we've seen...I want them. All of them.

And the Joker has coat tails! I love this variant so, so much!

I don't understand why people complain about The LEGO Batman Movie variants being out there when it's coming from the same people who want variety. And this is for a kids movie, interpretations that they likely own would look bland in a movie that by the looks seems to balance the darker nature of Batman and mix it with vibrant color. I for one really enjoy how insane these are! This really exemplifies LEGO at it's best which is something to be proud of. I can't wait to see all 13 sets because this theme could be something really special.

On a side note, I talked earlier about how good of a year 2006 was for LEGO sets just because it was really when themes like Star Wars and Batman stood out in my opinion. Really hope 2017 is a year with huge standouts. :classic:

Why is it called a Notorious Low Rider? It looks like it's been lifted, so as to not be a Low Rider.

A Low Rider is a kind of modification of a car where small wheels and adjustable suspension height is installed.

Wikipedia.

The Joker's lowrider, if it is the pictured vehicle, is interesting. I'll probably get it if it also comes with Harley Quinn.

As for the Batmobile, I hope that it has two seats for Batman and Robin like the Batmobile interior in the photo.

Edited by Agent 86

A Low Rider is a kind of modification of a car where small wheels and adjustable suspension height is installed.

Wikipedia.

Thank you. I know very little about different types of cars.

I wonder how LEGO will handle the chromed pieces in some of these vehicles.

They haven't used chromed pieces in a long time, yes? Maybe they'll figure out how to make them better now.

Has anybody else noticed that the hood ornament on the Joker's car is a silver chicken?

I thought it was gold, but I see the glint...yeah, I dig it. :grin:

I wouldn't be surprised if the one in the set weren't shiny-chrome though, given mass production.

I've noticed in this movie, unlike The LEGO Movie, Batman's cowl piece actually changes shape for different expressions. (ex. wide-eyed, raised eyebrow) We wouldn't see any "modified" cowl pieces in the sets, would we? That would be interesting.

I've seen that surprised cowl twice and I'd love to have it in a set.

A more full screenshot of the Joker's Notorious Lowrider

slashfilm_car.jpg

Edited by CM4Sci

The Joker's car looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to pick it up.

Not as keen on the redesigned characters though. I definitely like the previous versions of Joker, Robin and Harley more.

The Joker's car looks really cool, but in the edge of the picture, you can see a little bit of Bane's vehicle from the first trailer. Also, the car behind the Joker has a penguin-looking hood ornament, meaning it's probably the Penguin's.

I love that they're showing of two sets instead of one. I'm exited to see the new interpretation of the bat-mobile.

Since Joker has the sharpened teeth and he got Harley with him, isn't it the closest version to Jared Leto's Suicide Squad Joker we could possibly get?