Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I knew it! Croc's head moves up and down, awesome! The price however, is not awesome. I was expecting $50-$60, not $70, ouch! It looks like it's either the Tail-gator or the Scuttler decisions, decisions...

Could it be another Jokerland or perhaps the Batwing? (I know the batwing chances are slim, but in the trailer we see it with spring loaded missiles and the disc shooters in place, so I am still hoping for a set) Another Jokerland has been shown in the background art for the Lowrider and some people reckon this could be a set.

Man, after watching the brick show reviews, I really like these sets. The Scuttler is really great, the Arctic Roller looks fantastic, I'm a sucker for motorcycles and the Catwoman bike is superb! It's actually fairly close to what I was expecting the Ghost Rider set would have, but I'm thrilled with how both turned out. I really like the new 1x1 half circle pieces being used to make a V twin engine. I really like the Clayface set and I like what they did with him. $35 is also a little better than what people were thinking and it seems like a decent value, especially if someone needs a lot of nougat pieces. The Asylem is way better than I thought, wow it's great! The Tail-gator takes the cake though, I'm usually not a fan of pickup trucks or asymmetrical hobbled-together looking things but it has so much personality and the figures are good. The Bat-ski actually isn't too bad for a throw-away jet-ski common in LEGO sets. The real prize though is that Croc bigfig, my word. That is single-handily my favorite thing from this entire series! Croc's my favorite Bat villain and I was pretty disappointed in the last incarnation. They really made up for that this time though. He looks incredible. It's unfortunate how expensive the set is but I can understand why. Just like the phenomenal Rancor bigfig(my favorite bigfig(?) to date!), it contains very large specialized pieces that are unlikely to be used again making it a pretty expensive endeavor on TLG's part I imagine. 

Edited by ToaDraco

7 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Unless I missed it, nobody has mentioned what appears to be a spoiler in these posters

Hide contents

All the glowy yellow eyes for characters not associated with glowy eyes and not associated with each other - implies some connection particular in the film. Kids films love showing MIND CONTROL with changes in eye color. I am referring to Martian Manhunter, Clayface, Bane, Scarecrow, Man-Bat. 

I am very tempted to say I spot the mind-control device in the poster too but that's probably pushing the conjecture too far.

I also don't understand the complaints about the cmf packaging color. You realize that the color theme for TLBM is yellow, right? Look at the posters and the other boxes!

I agree with this theory as there seems to be an eerie yellow glow/fog in the poster.

Spoiler

I reckon Gotham Energy has a bit of a spill (thanks to the joker) and everyone gets infected/controlled.

Also, has anyone noticed has Green Lantern has a different hair piece and Superman has dual moulded legs, as well has Clayface being humongous compared to the set (look at the hammer)

Edited by JACKATTACKS

5 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I agree with this theory as there seems to be an eerie yellow glow/fog in the poster.

Hide contents

I reckon Gotham Energy has a bit of a spill (thanks to the joker) and everyone gets infected/controlled.

Also, has anyone noticed has Green Lantern has a different hair piece and Superman has dual moulded legs, as well has Clayface being humongous compared to the set (look at the hammer)

I think it may just be the yellow from the poster glowing in their eyes, only those guys look like that because they have red eyes normally and the yellow is reflecting into that

24 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I think it may just be the yellow from the poster glowing in their eyes, only those guys look like that because they have red eyes normally and the yellow is reflecting into that

Yeah, that seems likely. Though, you never know.

14 hours ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I see the wonder twins!

It would be nice to see them finally in a set.  They would obviously have to include transparent blue or white/clear to simulate water and ice.  Then, you have the question of how many animals and which one(s) would they include with the set.  It seems like you would want more than one type of animal to have options.  

14 hours ago, BrickHat said:

But Martian Manhunter is cheap for a Super Hero figure. :look: I would rather see Lego fill up those minifigure slots with more villains or Bat suits.

And I'd like the exact opposite. Not every DC fan salivates over everything Batman, and we can certainly stand to have a bone thrown our way considering The Lego Batman Movie is all we're getting for "regular," non-movie DC sets for the foreseeable future..

Edited by DarrellBricker
Clarification

4 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

And I'd like the exact opposite. Not every DC fan salivates over everything Batman, and we can certainly stand to have a bone thrown our way considering The Lego Batman Movie is all we're getting for "regular," non-movie DC sets for the foreseeable future..

I'm a huge Bat-fan, so love all these figures – BUT I am a big DC fan in general, so would love to see more diverse minifigures too... I would absolutely love more heroes and villains.... Firestorm would be a superb figure, and can't believe they've not made Reverse Flash yet!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Montoya in the Scarecrow set, there's a heavy police presence in this theme after all.

It would be nice to get Hugo Strange, Black Canary, Hawkgirl and the Wonder Twins from that poster.

34 minutes ago, strangely said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Montoya in the Scarecrow set, there's a heavy police presence in this theme after all.

It would be nice to get Hugo Strange, Black Canary, Hawkgirl and the Wonder Twins from that poster.

I'd love to see the Dr. Phosphorous figure made... translucent yellow/green with a print.

1 hour ago, DarrellBricker said:

Sure, I'm all for additional DC minifigs too, as long as they're not repeats of previous ones. Lego wasting a minifigure slot with a repeat minifig that is already widely available for good prices on the secondary market is bad both for people who want to see new additional Batman characters and those that want new DC characters in general. Hawkgirl and the Wonder Twins would be great. That having been said, the fact that Batman is my favorite DC superhero means that I'd like to see them make all of his main villains that are still missing as a priority, but that's just the Batfan in me speaking. :wink:

Edited by BrickHat

GL is using Commissioner Gordon's new hair mold but it is just reversed. They probably just inverted his character image like they did to Aquaman. If you look closely you can see his hair is going the wrong way. 

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

GL is using Commissioner Gordon's new hair mold but it is just reversed. They probably just inverted his character image like they did to Aquaman. If you look closely you can see his hair is going the wrong way. 

Yeah, just noticed that too :classic:

16 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Unless I missed it, nobody has mentioned what appears to be a spoiler in these posters

Hide contents

All the glowy yellow eyes for characters not associated with glowy eyes and not associated with each other - implies some connection particular in the film. Kids films love showing MIND CONTROL with changes in eye color. I am referring to Martian Manhunter, Clayface, Bane, Scarecrow, Man-Bat. 

I am very tempted to say I spot the mind-control device in the poster too but that's probably pushing the conjecture too far.

I also don't understand the complaints about the cmf packaging color. You realize that the color theme for TLBM is yellow, right? Look at the posters and the other boxes!

Spoiler

Interesting theory. From the trailers, we already know that Bane and Clayface have glowing eyes, but Clayface is the only one with yellow eyes. Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, Man-Bat, and Martian Manhunter seem like they would fit with glowing eyes, but they would be different colors like red that most of them have. And it can't be just a stylistic choice for the poster either, since Batman and Catwoman have their normal blue and green glowing eyes. Hmmmm...

Although I wonder, why would Joker need to mind control villains? "Oh no thanks Joker, I don't want to kill Batman." Unless there's an even bigger villain at play that Joker is oblivious to - or even a pawn of.

Can you give me a list of all characters in poster with sorting by categories - main protagonists; villains; Gotham City citizens; Justice League members, please?

2 hours ago, dario2739 said:

I'm a huge Bat-fan, so love all these figures – BUT I am a big DC fan in general, so would love to see more diverse minifigures too... I would absolutely love more heroes and villains.... Firestorm would be a superb figure, and can't believe they've not made Reverse Flash yet!

Forget Firestorm and Reverse Flash I need old school Lobo, Atrocitus, Black and White Lanterns... even Six Pack, Powergirl or Ultraman...

Or real Batman variations like Yellow Lantern Batman, Future Batman, Batman Black Lantern, Batman Beyond, Vampire Batman, Flashpoint Batman...

Edited by emirikol

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Sure, I'm all for additional DC minifigs too, as long as they're not repeats of previous ones. Lego wasting a minifigure slot with a repeat minifig that is already widely available for good prices on the secondary market is bad both for people who want to see new additional Batman characters and those that want new DC characters in general. Hawkgirl and the Wonder Twins would be great. That having been said, the fact that Batman is my favorite DC superhero means that I'd like to see them make all of his main villains that are still missing as a priority, but that's just the Batfan in me speaking. :wink:

I understand! And even though I am not the biggest Bat-fan in the world, I certainly wouldn't say no to a Mad Hatter and Ventriloquist minifigure, to name a couple.

Could the girl actually Julia Pennyworth? Seems like a stretch, but it would make sense to give Alfred a family member if the movie is about family. It's almost certainly Montoya, cause of that gun strap, but just an idea...

I would definitely say that it is indeed Montoya since she also has a police batch on her legs just like the CMF Gordon has. It would also make sense that they made her white given the fact that it would otherwise be too confusing with Barbara Gordon who is also a female detective with a darker skin tone.