Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Alright, next Monday or Sunday I'll get the Mr Freeze. I can't go today though due to a blizzard...

25 minutes ago, RM0B said:

Alright, next Monday or Sunday I'll get the Mr Freeze. I can't go today though due to a blizzard...

How thematically appropriate!

A little off topic... But not really... I just thought I'd let you know that many of the LBM books' covers have been updated and they have new covers. But of course the only book we really care about has not been updated and still do not know which figure will come with it :sad: I do have a feeling though that it will be a regular Batman... 

lol expect some leaks for the summer sets in the next few days. Captain Uni wasn't able to deliver too much for TLBM, but what we've got is good. I can say that I never expected Lego to make anyone from Frank Miller's stories. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Greeble said:

What's everyone planning to do with their extra Batman figs?

I will probably use 3 heads to put in the batcave suits...     Still hoping that they will propose different heads in certain sets, like they've done with Emmett from TLM

4 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

My money's on the Mutant Leader...

Ya I guarantee that he's one of them because during SDCC if people remember, Chris McKay actually said that he is in the film! 

11 minutes ago, Mr Greeble said:

I'm probably going to make a suit display with a bunch of cowls in one section, and utility belts in another. Like we saw in the first trailer. 

29 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

lol expect some leaks for the summer sets in the next few days. Captain Uni wasn't able to deliver too much for TLBM, but what we've got is good. I can say that I never expected Lego to make anyone from Frank Miller's stories. 

How do you know there will be leaks? Have you seen anything yourself?

1 minute ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

How do you know there will be leaks? Have you seen anything yourself?

No I don't believe he has seen first hand, but his source coined 'Captain Unicorn' (And no that's not a hint for Twoface because I have no idea) has seen the sets and has given him information. He was pretty much spot on for all the sets that are coming out in 2017. 

Also sorry to burst people's bubbles if you're planning on collecting all the Batgirl and Robin variants. But as of right now, looking at all the sets that we've gotten the Batgirl and Robin heads in the Dimension Story Pack are different than the ones that come in the sets. Also looking at the Arkham set, Robin has a different expression as well. 

And when did Louis Lane start working at Arkham? Perhaps her and Kal El are going through a rough patch... :tongue:

Oooo, Mutant leader would be a cool fig.

40 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I'm probably going to make a suit display with a bunch of cowls in one section, and utility belts in another. Like we saw in the first trailer. 

That's a nice idea. I might steal that! :laugh: 

4 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Wait, you get extras of the belt, bow tie and collar? Nice!

All the sets ive got (Batcave, lo rider, batmaobile, and freeze) have come with extra Belts, Batarangs, roller skates, bow ties etc

Edited by Mattallica

Wow if it's the mutant leader, that'll go quite nicely alongside Robin (who is basically Carrie Kelly)

Edited by Thelegodan

3 hours ago, Mr Greeble said:

You could erase the bat logo and then you'll have a black muscled torso you could use for some custom figs?

I might try and see if the belts look any good on other batman minifigs I own, especially the blue and light grey one from 2012.

Edited by robertgorman2505

13 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Three dates? It almost sounds as though they haven't decided yet. Is it possible to ask for the dates, if that's ok?

Yeah. The manager of a Lego Store said November 27th, a reply from their facebook page said January 1st and then a friend of mine is dating a Manchester Lego Store employee and he said he's been told December 1st. 

All dates we've been given, but the fact no one within the organisation seems to agree is weird. I've sent an email to their customer services to see if they can provide a concrete answer, so we'll see.

In the past Argos have released sets early (the Doc Strange and Rogue One build a figs were out weeks early) but nothing yet. So I'm leaning towards December/January release date in the UK.

UPDATE: just seen the Dimensions LBM sets are up for pre order on the Argos site. The date is Feb 10th, is that news?

Edited by GeekByKnight

23 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

UPDATE: just seen the Dimensions LBM sets are up for pre order on the Argos site. The date is Feb 10th, is that news?

No. The dimensions packs were announced for February. It makes sense too. If you are playing through the film in the story pack, then owning it before the films release would spoil the plot of the film.

Edited by LegoShroom

So I was looking through the Brickipedia page for TLBM and it said this:

"Deadshot, Ra's Al Ghul, Ventriloquist, Killer Moth, Mr. Camera, Ten-Eyed Man, Cavalier, Baby Doll, Flamingo, and Condiment King are rumored to make a cameo in the film. Clock King, Orca, Calendar Man, Tarantula, and Magpie have not been seen in the fourth trailer, but they have been confirmed to appear in sets for the movie."

Does this mean that we can potentially see the villains on the top line in sets too??? Because I would love the see The Ventriloquist with a scarface made from the new baby mould.

16 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

So I was looking through the Brickipedia page for TLBM and it said this:

"Deadshot, Ra's Al Ghul, Ventriloquist, Killer Moth, Mr. Camera, Ten-Eyed Man, Cavalier, Baby Doll, Flamingo, and Condiment King are rumored to make a cameo in the film. Clock King, Orca, Calendar Man, Tarantula, and Magpie have not been seen in the fourth trailer, but they have been confirmed to appear in sets for the movie."

Does this mean that we can potentially see the villains on the top line in sets too??? Because I would love the see The Ventriloquist with a scarface made from the new baby mould.

On one hand I wouldn't trust it unless there's a link to a source somewhere, wiki's can be changed by anyone with an account. On the other hand its not like they wouldn't appear, but I wouldn't expect Deadshot, Ra's or Killer Moth to appear in sets. Man Bat got re-released in the same design, and seeing as they were all released last year it would take away the point of getting those sets, unless they're all redesigned

Ventriloquist would be really cool to get as a minifig, I hope we get him!

Anyone else think the frank miller minifig could be white suited joker from the dark knight returns? Mutant leader seems most likely, or possibly a dark knight returns batsuit.

Edited by robertgorman2505

2 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Ventriloquist would be really cool to get as a minifig, I hope we get him!

Anyone else think the frank miller minifig could be white suited joker from the dark knight returns? Mutant leader seems most likely, or possibly a dark knight returns batsuit.

Huh. I actually really like the idea of TLBM Joker in TDK white suit.

Edited by Mr Greeble

16 hours ago, RM0B said:

Very ironic, this made me laugh

12 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

Very ironic, this made me laugh

In my area, there's a big blizzard though 

9 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

I might try and see if the belts look any good on other batman minifigs I own, especially the blue and light grey one from 2012.

Same, especially for my 2014 dark knight, 2016 Batman vs superman and 2014 grey hands superman