Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I can already imagine the box colors being black and yellow. Never seen that color combination in any theme. Should look cool.

I don't know anything, but I think the boxes will be that yellow/tan color, like the background in the posters and here:

batman_2hy2016_legodotcom_336x448.jpg?l.r2=-692435370

I'm not a fan of the yellow/black combination but I guess that works for the line

I can already imagine the box colors being black and yellow. Never seen that color combination in any theme. Should look cool.

I would imagine that's true, considering they used Wiz Khalifa's classic song in the first trailer. :grin:

Hopefully the boxes look good. Lego knows that if the boxes aren't appealing, then that means sales won't be as they thought. The set itself is only one factor out of many when choosing to buy a set for a lot of people.

I always keep all the boxes for my sets because I think of Lego more like puzzles than toys, so I build em, leave em together for a bit and then break em down, put them back in their boxes for storage. I keep the minifigs separate so they don't get banged up by the other bricks, since the minifigs themselves seem to hold 90% of a sets value on the secondary market, but, all that said, the only boxes I've disliked so far are the ones with no tape (with the thumb punch out) and the MBA boxes, because you can't really store them in their sides as easily. And I do not like the Dimensions boxes, but I don't keep those anyway.

So do many of the background vehicles in The LEGO Movie.

Are you talking about the ones that did become sets or didn't?

I like how they use the lightsaber blades to represents blasts from the guns and blasters in the LEGO movies. It's a good idea.

Do you think they will put a minifigure like scarecrow in a $12 set though?

Yeah, he's already in a big set this year. Why not.

I think the Scarecrow will be like a filler villain in a set, like Flama in the General Magmar set

As just2good pointed out, he is already in a big set. And he is just a recolor.

That Scarecrow looks a lot better than that one in the harvest set in my opinion, so I wouldn't even mind. I just noticed that they haven't even revealed the Joker, and I hope he ends up using Venkman's hair in green.

I just noticed that they haven't even revealed the Joker, and I hope he ends up using Venkman's hair in green.

That's a great shout. That hairpiece is quite 'Injustice' and it would be nice to see a new variant of the Joker... Even a subtle design change but with that hair would stand out from the other Jokers we've had.

For me the DKR Joker would have looked great with Dastan's hair in green and I think the 66 Joker would have been even better with Superman's new hair recoloured. While the LBM Joker may not be based on anything in particular that new hair would be nice.

That's a great shout. That hairpiece is quite 'Injustice' and it would be nice to see a new variant of the Joker... Even a subtle design change but with that hair would stand out from the other Jokers we've had.

For me the DKR Joker would have looked great with Dastan's hair in green and I think the 66 Joker would have been even better with Superman's new hair recoloured. While the LBM Joker may not be based on anything in particular that new hair would be nice.

That hair would also look rather "Arkham Asylum" too. I'd be on board for it.

What if they reveal the CMF line at SDCC? Have they revealed a Minifigure series at SDCC before?

Both.

Ah.

I wish we had gotten the kitten lady's vehicle and the coffee guy's ship. Day 1 buys for me.

I doubt we'd be getting ALL those villains in the trailers, but considering it...

The 11 villains lined up...

Plus Captain Boomerang and The Joker...

That is 13 villains. Did I hear 13 sets? Also, more than 1 villain may be in a set.

So I assume there IS a chance to get all 13 villains + more.

All 13 villains would be epic, and may be possible, too!

What if they reveal the CMF line at SDCC? Have they revealed a Minifigure series at SDCC before?

Didn't they have just one minifigure from The Simpsons Series shown?

Or was that a different convention?

Concerning the villains, I expect all the villains with new molds to be in sets, just because of my optimistic logic.

New designs with old molds, maybe not. I'd hope so, but they seem less likely than ones utilizing new molds.

So I guess those would be who? Penguin, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, Killer Crocodile, Bane...is that all of the new mold characters?