Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, Freddy Bricker said:

Not sure why Lego felt the need to make Batgirl and Commissioner Gordon black, I mean I'm all for diversity (and admittedly, the Bat-verse has very little of that) but why? Our first sorta-comic inspired Commissioner Gordon and he's not as accurate as expected. Oh well, I'm glad we're getting him anyways.

I think it had to do with the casting for Barbara Gordon. If the red headed police officer in that prelim that was floating around a while back was indeed Barbara Gordon, than that would imply that originally she was going to be white, but they changed that when they hired Rosario Dawson to portray her. At that point it just makes sense to change Jim Gordon too. I mean they didn't have too, but I suppose changing his race is easier than tacking on some explanation about being adopted or her mother being black or any number of excuses (I'm remembering Sue Storm's explanation in Fant4stic and how tacked on that was and how it served no purpose other than to explain away something that people could've just guessed on their own).

Or maybe Lego didn't want to produce another old white guy and red headed woman as there's so very many of those floating around in the licensed world to begin with. Branching out like this definitely helps make each character a bit more unique and easy to identify (Because the amount of red headed white woman in the superhero theme has become ridiculous). I actually really like Jim and Barb here, I greatly prefer these designs over most. Barb especially is really well done.

I'm kind of guessing the trench coat version of Barb will be in the CMF. That seems like the type of new thing that would be introduced into a CMF.

Jim Gordon's color skin looks similar to the Animated Series version of the character

Also, you can change the hairpiece and use Barbara as Renee Montoya (the Scuttler version of her)

17 minutes ago, strangely said:

I'm kind of guessing the trench coat version of Barb will be in the CMF. That seems like the type of new thing that would be introduced into a CMF.

Batgirl will be in the CMF

I doubt they will include 2 versions of her in the series

Edited by Robert8

Jesus christ those mini-figs are a cut above standard. All of these prints and add-ons are insane!!!

That bat walker is also a very nice looking set. 

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

Is there anybody who knows when are the rest of pictures going to leak?

Some of the 2017 star wars sets started to leak yesterday, so we might get more stuff soon. If we don't I imagine we will get images before the November release sets, cause I'm sure Lego will put advertisements for all of the other sets at the end of the instructions. 

Anyone have any idea if the new Scarecrow, assuming we will get one, will look like the one from the Harvest Of Fear Set? 

8 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

Anyone have any idea if the new Scarecrow, assuming we will get one, will look like the one from the Harvest Of Fear Set? 

Apparently Scarecrow will come as an undercover figure, most likely as a pizza delivery guy.

3 hours ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Some of the 2017 star wars sets started to leak yesterday, so we might get more stuff soon. If we don't I imagine we will get images before the November release sets, cause I'm sure Lego will put advertisements for all of the other sets at the end of the instructions. 

Thanks.

12 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

bat walker

Someone on reddit said that they though it looked like an AT-AT, and some replied saying it was a BAT-BAT.

So, correction: It's the BAT-BAT :tongue:

16 hours ago, strangely said:

I think it had to do with the casting for Barbara Gordon. If the red headed police officer in that prelim that was floating around a while back was indeed Barbara Gordon, than that would imply that originally she was going to be white, but they changed that when they hired Rosario Dawson to portray her. At that point it just makes sense to change Jim Gordon too. I mean they didn't have too, but I suppose changing his race is easier than tacking on some explanation about being adopted or her mother being black or any number of excuses (I'm remembering Sue Storm's explanation in Fant4stic and how tacked on that was and how it served no purpose other than to explain away something that people could've just guessed on their own).

Or maybe Lego didn't want to produce another old white guy and red headed woman as there's so very many of those floating around in the licensed world to begin with. Branching out like this definitely helps make each character a bit more unique and easy to identify (Because the amount of red headed white woman in the superhero theme has become ridiculous). I actually really like Jim and Barb here, I greatly prefer these designs over most. Barb especially is really well done.

Rosario Dawson is actually Puerto Rican, and judging by the tones they're using for the minifigs, so are Barbara and Jim. I think, while that might have something to do with it, it's probably done in the same vein as all the other drastic redesigns done for the movie. Either way, they make for incredibly useful parts, with the Batgirl torso being almost identical to the Batgirl of Burnside design, and her civilian fig and Jim both provide nice options for Hispanic figures.

I'm hoping that the trenchcoats make a big entrance, though. I've got a lot of custom figures that use less-than-purist trench coats in a fair variety of colors, so if they could pull those out for some City sets and the like, too, it would be much appreciated.

2 hours ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

Someone on reddit said that they though it looked like an AT-AT, and some replied saying it was a BAT-BAT.

So, correction: It's the BAT-BAT :tongue:

This would be incredible! I would love to see that in the movie!! This made my day :grin::grin:

19 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

This might be old news, but I've been behind on this thread: are we seriously getting Tarantula?? Like, Tarantula, the villain whose only claim to fame is raping Nightwing?? Like, if that's the case, I don't ever wanna hear anybody say Punisher is out of the question ever again.

How many know this story with Tarantula? It is rather obscure story. Punisher on the other hand is know for gong on a murder spree in every story. It will have a lot more attention if Punisher was released than some obscure minor villain which raped "the adult Robin who is not Robin but not Batman". To a general audience it is unknown and can easily go under the radar. Heck I bet the executives at Lego doesn't even know. 

I just got Lego's Winter Catalog and there are no Lego Batman Movie Sets in them. I assume they are waiting for 2017 catalogs, but why not have them now if four of them are coming out so soon.

2 minutes ago, Minecraft Architect said:

I just got Lego's Winter Catalog and there are no Lego Batman Movie Sets in them. I assume they are waiting for 2017 catalogs, but why not have them now if four of them are coming out so soon.

There's also probably nothing else in the catalog right? Like no new Marvel or City etc. Because if it's the catalog I think you're talking about it's online somewhere and doesn't have anything. 

Edited by Ashnflash

On Tarantula isn't it basically certain that we are going to get the cheesy male version? I mean it would be much more in line with the figures that we are getting plus like someone stated the history of the female tarantula isn't exactly child friendly to say the least.

1 minute ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

the history of the female tarantula isn't exactly child friendly to say the least.

For sure, but I don't think that'll be a reason for Lego not to make it the female tarantula.

Let's be honest, LEGO are making figues of The Joker non-stop, who's a psycho, mass murderer, someone who tortured Jason Todd, shot Barbara, did lots of horrible crap to Gordon, abuses his girlfriend and a very long list of other stuff he's done in he's 75+ years. Using some C-list villain that kids probably would never have even heard of, let alone her acts, isn't going to do any harm.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

3 hours ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

Let's be honest, LEGO are making figues of The Joker non-stop, who's a psycho, mass murderer, someone who tortured Jason Todd, shot Barbara, did lots of horrible crap to Gordon, abuses his girlfriend and a very long list of other stuff he's done in he's 75+ years. Using some C-list villain that kids probably would never have even heard of, let alone her acts, isn't going to do any harm.

Exactly. As long as the movie is child friendly which judging so far it clearly is. However still nailing the Jokers relationship with Batman going sad when Batman say his biggest enemy is Superman. 

5 hours ago, Tupiaz said:

How many know this story with Tarantula? It is rather obscure story. Punisher on the other hand is know for gong on a murder spree in every story. It will have a lot more attention if Punisher was released than some obscure minor villain which raped "the adult Robin who is not Robin but not Batman". To a general audience it is unknown and can easily go under the radar. Heck I bet the executives at Lego doesn't even know. 

It's the only thing anybody knows about her, though. It's not even all that obscure, it comes up fairly often amongst Dick Grayson fans. Nightwing is a lot more well-known than you seem to be giving him credit for, too. What makes this really icky more than anything is putting Dick's rapist into the merchandising for a movie in which Dick is portrayed as a young child. 

3 hours ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

The second that an image would come of her minifigure, comic news sites would explode and it would spread like wildfire. "Newest LEGO Figure is Robin's Rapist" is a pretty eye-catching headline, and I'm sure that while kids won't care, parents and the general public will. Comparing it to the Joker is a weak argument, when the Joker is a character synonymous with Batman and has had numerous identifiable incarnations, while Tarantula has done nothing of note other than sexually assault one of DC's most beloved characters. 

But, to be clear here, it's pretty much definite that we won't be getting that Tarantula but the unrelated Silver Age character.