Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

On 7/19/2018 at 10:01 AM, Whovastron said:

What’s the overall opinion on the Batwing Set? It’s retired here in the U.K. but it’s availible for £50 (50% off) near me on clearance. I’ve never been too interested in the vehicle as it doesn’t fit well into the ‘realism’ I like in Batman vehicles. But this deal seems too good to miss? How is it in person?

I think it’s fantastc. I have very set sans the Manor, & the Batwing is my favorite. It’s a great vehicle, very swooahable. Not that I do that anymore...I’m an adult. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I think it’s fabtastc. I have very set sans the Manor, & the Batwing is my favorite. It’s a great vehicle, very swooahable. Not that I do that anymore...I’m an adult. :shrug_oh_well:

It is a fun build!  But the best part is when you view it from the top, it looks like a batman logo. 

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

What’s the overall opinion on the Batwing Set? It’s retired here in the U.K. but it’s availible for £50 (50% off) near me on clearance. I’ve never been too interested in the vehicle as it doesn’t fit well into the ‘realism’ I like in Batman vehicles. But this deal seems too good to miss? How is it in person?

The Batwing is one my my favorite sets from the line, personally.  It works as both an impressive display piece and a very fun set to play around with.  The parts selection is excellent.  The build is great and is full of details that really add to the overall look of the vehicle.  The only gripe I have with the set has is the rather sub-par minifigure selection for the pricepoint, but that's not a huge issue.  At 50% off, I would definitely recommend getting it while you have the chance!

23 hours ago, RyanMe said:

It is a fun build!  But the best part is when you view it from the top, it looks like a batman logo. 

Yes! That was a great design feature. Early on I thought of how I could stick it up on the wall...it is rather heavy so it would take a bit of doing. 

Well, this theme might not be dead dead yet

Over The LEGO Movie 2 rumors thread, @Tahu is reporting Batman will get a mech and Harley Quinn will appear

Since they are part of the same cinematic universe, it has to be the very same Harley Quinn minifigure from this movie (but Mad Max style)

That would be something. I still hope we also get a mad max style batmobile as someone hoped for previously. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well, this theme might not be dead dead yet

Over The LEGO Movie 2 rumors thread, @Tahu is reporting Batman will get a mech and Harley Quinn will appear

Since they are part of the same cinematic universe, it has to be the very same Harley Quinn minifigure from this movie (but Mad Max style)

Going by the article the Harley is Margot Robbie inspired. That would be cruel if she is a throwaway character. I’m hoping that mech is something along the lines of Emmett’s from the first movie. 

Yeah I read the article after posting that. 

It's odd that there are 2 different Harley Quinns in the same universe. 

My guess is that this Harley will use the same pieces from The Batman Movie but in the blue/red color scheme from SQ. Like she just changed her outfit

Otherwise it would mean there are several Batmans in this universe: Ben Affleck's, Christian Bale's, Val Kilmer's, etc...

Picked up the Batwing. The build was good, but I really don’t know what I think of the thing, something about it is just off to me. I think it’s the size of the centre, it’s just way too bulky. Dunno if I like it or not.

Actually I think it’s the wings. I’ve never been a huge fan of the ‘batwing Looks like the symbol’ idea. They don’t look like they’d be able to carry the weight of the thing. Might see if I can do an alternate build

Edited by Whovastron

23 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah I read the article after posting that. 

It's odd that there are 2 different Harley Quinns in the same universe. 

My guess is that this Harley will use the same pieces from The Batman Movie but in the blue/red color scheme from SQ. Like she just changed her outfit

Otherwise it would mean there are several Batmans in this universe: Ben Affleck's, Christian Bale's, Val Kilmer's, etc...

Either the Lego movies are playing fast and loose with continuity (which reading that sentence out loud, sounds like the most likely answer) or TLM2 Harley will be the same voice but with the leather jacket and normal colored baseball bat, the most iconic parts of Suicide Squad Harley.

Since technically we know through TLBM that Bale, Kilmer, West, Affleck, and all the different Batmen are part of Lego Batman.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:29 PM, Robert8 said:

I also mentioned this over on the set discussion topic for TLM2, but, apparently Margot Robbie, and not Jenny Slate, is listed as voicing Harley on the IMDb page for the sequel. :look:

IMDb - The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) 

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I also mentioned this over on the set discussion topic for TLM2, but, apparently Margot Robbie, and not Jenny Slate, is listed as voicing Harley on the IMDb page for the sequel. :look:

IMDb - The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) 

IMDb isn't known for being accurate when it comes to cast lists for unreleased movies. I guess only time will tell.

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

IMDb isn't known for being accurate when it comes to cast lists for unreleased movies.

Ah, okay then.

Well, I suppose some editor for the site must have read one of the SDCC footage descriptions and mistook their mention of a Suicide Squad Harley Quinn as confirmation of Margot Robbie's voice casting. :shrug_confused:

Well, since Jason Momoa is voicing Aquaman (presumably briefly) for TLBM2, it is entirely possible that Margot Robbie is doing the same for Harley Quinn, since they are both THE brand recognition for the characters currently. And this wouldn't mean there are more than one running around, even with a different voice; it's just a recasting, which happens all the time in voice-acting gigs. Commissioner Gordon had a different voice in all four Arkham games, and over here in the Lego games, DC Villains has SEVERAL new voice actors (like Mark Hammill's Joker), but appears to be in continuity from Lego Batman 2 and 3.

Man, I jut wish they released more bat vehicles from TLBM

sub

zap

chopper

another batcave extension

All this talk, saddens me. 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

sub

zap

chopper

This and a lot more zaney Batsuit variations.

2 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

This and a lot more zaney Batsuit variations.

The one that I was sad we never got was the Patriot Batsuit. I can't help but love intentionally and ridiculously bombastic US flag patriotism. It always amuses me to no end.

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

sub

zap

chopper

Train.... man how I wish we got the train, it could of had a batcave extension be a station with a batsuit and weapon rack and other neat stuff 

On 7/24/2018 at 8:11 AM, BaneShake said:

Well, since Jason Momoa is voicing Aquaman (presumably briefly) for TLBM2, it is entirely possible that Margot Robbie is doing the same for Harley Quinn, since they are both THE brand recognition for the characters currently. And this wouldn't mean there are more than one running around, even with a different voice; it's just a recasting, which happens all the time in voice-acting gigs. Commissioner Gordon had a different voice in all four Arkham games, and over here in the Lego games, DC Villains has SEVERAL new voice actors (like Mark Hammill's Joker), but appears to be in continuity from Lego Batman 2 and 3.

I think more than one running around would actually be totally in spirit of the Lego Movie. Its all part of his collection, and how many different Batman figs do kids have these days? Makes total sense that he'd have a few variations of each character.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:11 PM, BaneShake said:

Where did you get that? A second batman movie hasn’t been confirmed from what I can find. Momoa apparently voiced an intro for the Lego Movie 2 trailer at comic con, but hasn’t been said to be in a batman movie.

54 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

think he meant the LEGO Movie 2, not the Batman Movie 2

Yeah, I've typed "TLBM" so many times on these forums that B just slipped in there without me realizing it. I meant TLM 2.

According to TLBM director Chris McKay, on twitter, they are currently working on TLBM 2!!!!!  More great sets and minifigures to come!?!?!?!?! 

30 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

According to TLBM director Chris McKay, on twitter, they are currently working on TLBM 2!!!!!  More great sets and minifigures to come!?!?!?!?! 

Just seen this hahaha! This is going to be awesome!

P R O O F

https://flic.kr/p/2cgYFeS