Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Wave 4 to be announced.  3 sets to finish off the series.... 

8949afa988.png

Can we all agree that the 3 waves is more than enough and that lego has done a fantastic job with the vast majority of the line and a 4th wave would honestly be a little redundant. 

Seeing the polybag(s) of the Ultimate...that thing is awesome! I hope Target gets/has them. May have to go hunting tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

Can we all agree that the 3 waves is more than enough and that lego has done a fantastic job with the vast majority of the line and a 4th wave would honestly be a little redundant. 

Nope.

Let’s not joke about fake waves people. A week from now, someone will forget to look at that post’s time stamp and think an April Fools joke was an actual confirmation. 

Joking about set confirmations just causes confusion. 

14 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

No, I would love more waves. Another CMF would likely be redundant but there could easily be more sets.

17 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

We can agree that LEGO has done a fantastic job.

18 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

Yep.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

We can agree that LEGO has done a fantastic job.

Indeed, who could argue with all those new Trans-yellow canopy recolors? :purrr:

20 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

I do feel that LEGO did a great job with this line, and many of the important scenes from the movie were represented quite well in the sets.  I don't personally believe that there was a single bad set in the theme, though some of them could have used a slightly lower price tag.  If LEGO had decided to do more sets, I likely would have bought them if the quality stayed consistent, but I can see why they didn't.  My only real regrets were that the Justice League lineup wasn't completed, and that the appearance of the Bat-Chopper in the book ultimately didn't amount to anything.  At least I still have the Harley Quinn Cannonball Attack and the Bat-Space Shuttle left to get before I'm done collecting sets from this theme (As I am currently lacking both the funds and the extra space for Arkham Asylum and Joker Manor).

If they released the Batcopter with a base to connect to the other side of the Batcave and a multipack of the last few JL figures then this line would be perfect...That's not too much to ask!!

I know that the disappointing critical/commercial outcome for The Lego Ninjago Movie may have set back some of Warner Bros' possible plans for the future of the Lego Cinematic Universe, but perhaps we'll just have to look forwards to a possible sequel/follow-up to The Lego Batman Movie instead. But, if that may ever happen, the earliest that could come to be would still be at least 2021, two years after WB's next installments.

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Aren't all the missing JL figures ones that you can find in old sets?

Samurai, Classic Cyborg and Gleek are the only ones missing

23 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Samurai, Classic Cyborg and Gleek are the only ones missing

Oh, I had never noticed Cyborg was different in the film!

Yeah, too bad about Gleek. Wonder why they ended up not including him with either of the CMFs.

I think mostly I'd like some more Batman variants... I am still kinda annoyed that they included the weird Merbat and a bunch of the vacation variations for other figures. There are more cool batsuits they could have included.

Still, I guess I can't complain. We did get an insane amount of detailed figures with this theme.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:13 PM, Bobathan Buan said:

Agree

Enough is enough

On 4/1/2018 at 10:58 PM, Vindicare said:

Seeing the polybag(s) of the Ultimate...that thing is awesome! I hope Target gets/has them. May have to go hunting tomorrow. 

If you're still looking my local tru had a bunch of them so you could try checking there.

I was wondering, does anyone know who designed most of the bat-vehicles seen in the background of the bat-cave? 

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I was wondering, does anyone know who designed most of the bat-vehicles seen in the background of the bat-cave? 

The Making Of book suggests that there was a big free build for ideas, and that TLG, the studio, and the animation team spitballed ideas back and forth. When you see how many concepts each character went through, it certainly looks like they had a committee approach to set/vehicle design. With the CGI only vehicles there is a possibility that they were built physically prior to final rendering. Some individuals are named, however.

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I remember a designer called Brent Waller (no relation of Amanda, hopefully) talking last year about being approached by Lego to help design some of the various classic Bat-vehicles. I don't know how much was him, and how much was other designers, but I found a Flickr page with a few of his designs here, if you're interested.

11 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

The Making Of book suggests that there was a big free build for ideas, and that TLG, the studio, and the animation team spitballed ideas back and forth. When you see how many concepts each character went through, it certainly looks like they had a committee approach to set/vehicle design. With the CGI only vehicles there is a possibility that they were built physically prior to final rendering. Some individuals are named, however.

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, Felkin said:

I remember a designer called Brent Waller (no relation of Amanda, hopefully) talking last year about being approached by Lego to help design some of the various classic Bat-vehicles. I don't know how much was him, and how much was other designers, but I found a Flickr page with a few of his designs here, if you're interested.

Thank you, I found some of those Designer Series videos as well. 

55 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I haven't been able to find the Ultimate Batmobile polybag. I checked my local TRU but by this point it's pretty clear of polybags. Does anyone have any tips for finding these in the wild elsewhere?

I found mine at a Fred Meyer in northwest Oregon about a month ago. If you have any Kroger-owned grocery/department stores in your area, that might be your best bet. Good luck. It's been one of the trickiest non-promotional polybags I've ever tried to find.

So given we haven't even had a hint of anything else coming I think we can safely say this theme has ended?