Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Nsk97 said:

Hey everyone, just wondering what your opinions are on the batwing set? It's the only one I haven't bought yet from that wave of sets and I am currently trying to weigh up whether I should buy it. 

What do you think of the set in general? What do you think of the pricing, build, minifigures etc? 

I got mine for £80 and I love it! Very sturdy build and looks good on display. Much better than the 2012, 2014 or Brother Eye one’s (though it has competition from the Batman vs Superman one). So yeah, if you can get it for a good price, go for it

On 1/28/2018 at 12:12 AM, Mat099 said:

So, it took me a month, thanks to Lego really odd distribution strategy (?), but I managed to get my hand on every january 2018 superheroes minifigs!

Now, I could of course be wrong, but I really think that Lego is done with the Batman Lego Movie.  Even if I think that there is still a lot of great possible minifigs, I am not as optimistic as some of you guys...   sorry!    

Therfore, for all of you fans of numbers, here comes a bunch:

In just a little more than one year, 135 new minifigures were officially launched as part of the Batman Lego movie theme.  And by « officially », I mean that they got a number on brickset/bricklink, therefore, official for me!   That’s:

• 79 in regular sets
  • 44 tblm cmf
  • 4 in  polybags (including the battle pod)
  • 3 in lego dimensions packs
  • 3 in the Gotham city police accessory set
  • 2 in books

Add to those 2 great bigfigs (Bane and Killer Croc), 2 already existing figs (Manbat from 76011 and the wicked witch from the 71221 dimensions fun pack) and a brick build Clayface.  That should give you a complete look (I exclude the kiss tuxedo keychain... because, you know,  keychain)

Now, 135 is conveniently the number of minifigures I can fit in the frames I built for myself. So I made a new one.  But I than realized that one of this 135 minifigs was the Arkham Asylum Statue (sh352), and i think it looks better in front of Arkham than in my frame.  However, falling one short, and since the Kabuki are called the « Kabuki Twins », I prefer to put the two of them together.   

And so, here they all are!

and the bigger characters are in this one

This is amazing. Truly amazing. Standing ovation.

I have a few of questions.

I thought that the new Man-Bat has a dual-sided head, but the old one doesn't. That would make the TLBM release "new."

How did you count 44 cmf? There were 20 in each series, so I get 40. What am I missing?

Do you have a list that you can share? As an xls or csv? I would love to see how you organized your thoughts. 

Let me digest this, I may have more questions!

1 hour ago, linnormlord said:

How did you count 44 cmf? There were 20 in each series, so I get 40. What am I missing?

I'm guessing he's counting the 4 figures in the Toys R Us pack. They seem to fall under that category!

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I got mine for £80 and I love it! Very sturdy build and looks good on display. Much better than the 2012, 2014 or Brother Eye one’s (though it has competition from the Batman vs Superman one). So yeah, if you can get it for a good price, go for it

Thank you for your help, I decided to order it while it's £58. :classic:

8 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Due to the high price, the fact that it's a vehicle we are likely to never stop getting, and only one new minifigure, it wasn't worth the purchase for me. I just ordered the Harley Quinn standalone instead.

Thank you for your help too. I agree with what you said, but I decided I liked the look of the cannon build and the hammer, and we haven't really gotten a substantial batwing build before so I decided to buy it and see what I think.

3 hours ago, Catanas said:

I'm guessing he's counting the 4 figures in the Toys R Us pack. They seem to fall under that category!

I should have put that together myself, as I even have them! I kept thinking 22+22 so I couldn't figure it out until way after I posted.

You're a pretty reliable source. Am I right about the Man-Bat? I only have the new one.

8 hours ago, linnormlord said:

This is amazing. Truly amazing. Standing ovation.

I have a few of questions.

I thought that the new Man-Bat has a dual-sided head, but the old one doesn't. That would make the TLBM release "new."

Do you have a list that you can share? As an xls or csv? I would love to see how you organized your thoughts. 

Thanks @linnormlord

- both Manbat have the same dual-sided head.  You made me doubt, so I double-checked!   :laugh:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=122796#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

- yes, @Catanas is rigth, i counted the Toys r us collector set.  

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=1&catString=746.892&catType=M&v=1

- no, but maybe I should make a list...    

Edited by Mat099

On 2/2/2018 at 5:46 AM, Nsk97 said:

Hey everyone, just wondering what your opinions are on the batwing set? It's the only one I haven't bought yet from that wave of sets and I am currently trying to weigh up whether I should buy it. 

What do you think of the set in general? What do you think of the pricing, build, minifigures etc? 

I absolutely love it. It was a day one purchase, which is usually reserved for Modulars only. It’s a great set & has some real weight to it. It is definitely swooshable as well. :tongue: 

Edited by Vindicare

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I absolutely love it. It was a day one purchase, which is usually reserved for Modulars only. It’s a great set & has some real weight to it. It is definitely swooshable as well. :tongue: 

Haha well I decided to buy it so I look forward to having it built to see how swooshable it is. :laugh:

guys need some help. Purchased the Barnes and Noble mini bat-mobile and was shortchanged one piece. Its the small and large spike side piece. 

Can anyone make out the part number? 

image.png.a66c08257364834ad0e4f0d4c185b7ca.png

Thanks in advance. 

Has anyone in the us found the ultimate batmobile polybag.  I've seen people with them on Facebook but they all appear to be overseas?

4 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Built Egghead Mech with the sidekick. Just such a great set in every way. 

Great set. I only have one set to purchase. And it's the motherland. Joker manor. Time to start saving.  

On 10/02/2018 at 1:04 PM, RyanMe said:

Has anyone in the us found the ultimate batmobile polybag.  I've seen people with them on Facebook but they all appear to be overseas?

I've seen nothing in Australia.  Hoping (praying) for a 4th wave. 

13 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Great set. I only have one set to purchase. And it's the motherland. Joker manor. Time to start saving.  

I've seen nothing in Australia.  Hoping (praying) for a 4th wave. 

Just bought the Joker Manor a couple weeks ago. Have been putting in a little time over the last few nights. 5.5 hours in and about half way through.  It is a great build.  Definitely worth the money. 

I’m just need the ultimate batmobile polybag to complete my collection. 

Just finished building the last of theme(sans Joker’s Manor), Quinn’s Cannonball Attack. I wasn’t really sold on the truck, but after building it I changed my mind. It’s a great little truck & something you could easily use in a town with just removing(or not) the cannon. There’s been a few sets I wasn’t sold on, figs aside, that after building I changed opinions. 

This theme has been a home run with every set. It will be sad to see it end. 

I finally got the last few minifigures I wanted from the 2nd CMF.  Jor-El, Mer-bat, and the one with the dolphin.  I may need another Zod at some point.  For army building, I may get more of the Apache Chief and Phosphorus.

great little set,  and if you can pick up three as you can connect them like the big set into one massive vehicle.

$3.99 @ Fred Meyer, Everett, Washington, USA

Just now, Mattallica said:

great little set,  and if you can pick up three as you can connect them like the big set into one massive vehicle.

$3.99 @ Fred Meyer, Everett, Washington, USA

Is there a picture of this?