Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

14 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Yeah, I picked up a sealed case and it was 20x3. 

Dolphin, Jor-el’s armor, and joker’s inflatable stick out pretty badly if you’re looking (or not) for them.  Pretty easy wave to feel for, accessory wise.

sort of a disappointing series though, having them in my hands.

Thanks for confirming. I was pretty sure they'd stay consistent so good to know ?

Speaking of the minifigures, so far I have Zod, Dr. Phosphorous, Apache Chief, and the Wonder Twins.  I hope for a couple more.

2 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Has there been a shortage anyone knows of, or are we all just unlucky?

I bought a complete set by feeling the blind bags even before January 1st. When I see them in stores they seem to be going pretty fast but restocked soon. 

The only ones I want but don't yet have are Jor-El, Merbat, and the Dolphin, but there are a few more I wouldn't mind.

I'd be more interested in the Disco characters if they were all more readily available, but sticking a bunch in that really expensive set was cost prohibitive so I'm not going to collect those.

Something I hadn’t known until getting the figs is the holes on the back of clock king’s head have little gears printed in them.  I’ll probably never see it again since I don’t typically handle my figs but it was a super neat detail.  Definitely made that fig a bit more special. 

Just got Swimming Pool Batman, Vacation Robin, Vacation Alfred, Jor-El, and General Zod from the CMF Series.  Swimming Pool Batman was definitely the easiest minifigure to feel for! :laugh:

The blind bags seem to be readily available in the UK, a rareity. I’ve got all the ones I want from the wave, although accidentally mistook the Lightning pieces for the green flame pieces so ended up with a double

On 1/12/2018 at 11:54 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

Has there been a shortage anyone knows of, or are we all just unlucky?

It is somewhat strange that they are not plentiful at this point. I have been fortunate with both my local Targets receiving several cases each and they sat around for a handful of days until they were finally purged. I was able to put a few sets together already. Usually all the Walmarts near me would be swimming in these but the aisles are still bare from the huge Lego clearance sales. Even the new sets for January have slowly rolled out into Target whereas Walmart hasn't put any new sets out in my area. We'll probably see a good amount of them hitting shelves in February. It could be that the big box retailers have cut back on orders too considering you can still find Batman series 1 in most of these stores.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:36 PM, KevinMD said:

Something I hadn’t known until getting the figs is the holes on the back of clock king’s head have little gears printed in them.  I’ll probably never see it again since I don’t typically handle my figs but it was a super neat detail.  Definitely made that fig a bit more special. 

That was the debate on that particular figure being that the head was previously used for the Gingerbread Man in series 11. People were saying it was probably a new design because the eye holes weren't present during the photo release of the set. It turns out they just turned the head around and added the little gears into the eye holes.

13 hours ago, 22kane said:

That was the debate on that particular figure being that the head was previously used for the Gingerbread Man in series 11. People were saying it was probably a new design because the eye holes weren't present during the photo release of the set. It turns out they just turned the head around and added the little gears into the eye holes.

I remember the discussion on the usage of gb’s head, did not recall someone mentioning the gears in the holes. They could’ve left the back untouched and no one would’ve cared, hence why I think it’s a neat touch. 

Mario recently shared issue 3 of the TLBM magazine, which is some 12 months later. Looks like the Batmobile micro build comes with.

38 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Mario recently shared issue 3 of the TLBM magazine, which is some 12 months later. Looks like the Batmobile micro build comes with.

Nope, there will be another Batman minifig, but this time with the grapplegun and not with the batarangs. The picture with the batmobile build just says "The greatest batmobile of all times".

5 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Nope, there will be another Batman minifig, but this time with the grapplegun and not with the batarangs. The picture with the batmobile build just says "The greatest batmobile of all times".

Because I'm sure yet another Batman is just what the target audience has been looking for. 

So, I've had the Scuttler for about 11 months now and I've recently been having problems with the joints on the front 2 legs being too weak to hold up the body. I haven't really played with it or anything (it's just been standing on my shelf), but I accidentally hit it and the front legs just collapsed. I've been able to get it to stand up by bending the front feet out, so that it sits on the pads of the feet, rather than the ends (as advertised on the box). Has anyone else had these problems?

(Sorry for the lengthy post!)

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

20 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

So, I've had the Scuttler for about 11 months now and I've recently been having problems with the joints on the front 2 legs being too weak to hold up the body. I haven't really played with it or anything (it's just been standing on my shelf), but I accidentally hit it and the front legs just collapsed. I've been able to get it to stand up by bending the front feet out, so that it sits on the pads of the feet, rather than the ends (as advertised on the box). Has anyone else had these problems?

The Scuttler is much too heavy a model for those joints, even when freshly assembled. This frustration was one of the reasons I have disassembled it. With those ratcheting joints, I don't really know if there's a way to increase the friction, though.

3 hours ago, julesvincent said:

Yippee, I can’t contain my excitement. That’s what I get for seeing a blurry image on a phone screen and don’t try to translate.

@Commodore Thrawn I’ve had the Scuttler since September, and it has always maintained the poses you mentioned, even with my son and his eager playing style! Not bragging my posing skills, only giving an alternative view :grin:

4 hours ago, Megaflora said:

Because I'm sure yet another Batman is just what the target audience has been looking for. 

Well, a Batman with a new print would be awesome, but this is just meh. 

51 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Yippee, I can’t contain my excitement. That’s what I get for seeing a blurry image on a phone screen and don’t try to translate.

We all are eagerly excited. Maybe there is a new face that we haven't had yet, but who am I kidding here :D

6 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Same exact scenario here, have had it for about the same amount of time as well, plus those damn hoses constantly pop off also. That is why I have it slated for parts fodder. Honestly the only reason I got it in the first place. 

13 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Where can I find this image? 

22 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

I haven't had mine for nearly as long, but my legs seem fine even with kids playing with it safely every now and again. For me it's the dang neck. It always tilts down so easily, I wish that part was a bit stronger.

According to SpiderJazz’s descriptions, it seems we may be getting the Batman Beyond batsuit in a regular DC set in Summer 2018. So that’s one minifigure to check off of the long list of figures in the movie that we haven’t gotten.