Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

That's...quite interesting, actually.  The most logical choice for a minifigure polybag would be Samurai and Classic Cyborg with Gleek included as an accessory.  That would complete the Justice League Anniversary Party lineup and would be more plausible than making a Party expansion set to include them in.

But if they did make a polybag with the 3 of them in chances of it being easy to get may be slim, i could see them doing it but making it a promo thats with an expensive order, i kinda hope for a party expansion set then that way its widely available. As a side note if they do make a 4th wave i can see them doing the bat chopper as a smaller $20-$30 dollar set and if they did a set thats out there and isn't practical like the space shuttle i'd want it to be the bat train and have 3-4 exclusive batsuits and small batman themes train station. They are making a train for city as well for the summer wave so it kinda fits

5 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

But if they did make a polybag with the 3 of them in chances of it being easy to get may be slim, i could see them doing it but making it a promo thats with an expensive order, i kinda hope for a party expansion set then that way its widely available. As a side note if they do make a 4th wave i can see them doing the bat chopper as a smaller $20-$30 dollar set and if they did a set thats out there and isn't practical like the space shuttle i'd want it to be the bat train and have 3-4 exclusive batsuits and small batman themes train station. They are making a train for city as well for the summer wave so it kinda fits

I'm not sure what builds would be included if they made a party expansion set, but it would probably end up being around $20 and include yet another Batman.

If LEGO were to release a fourth wave, I doubt it would have more than 3 sets, and there probably wouldn't be any large sets, but if there was a Bat-Space Shuttle type set, I do agree that the Bat-Train seems like the best choice, though I wouldn't be complaining if they decided to make the Bat-Sub or the Bat-Zeppelin.  I'm personally hoping for the Wayne Limousine to be released as a set, as it would a great opportunity to include unmade minifigures such as Chauffeur Alfred, Winter Gala Barbara Gordon, and perhaps even Pilot Joker.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what 30525 turns out to be.

Lego is pushing for stores to sell the CMF polybags in rectangular clear boxes so you don’t get to feel them, I got in trouble at Barnes and Nobles for trying to feel one since it was by the register.  They are pushing for the whole mystery thing, so i dont know if it will spread out to regular retailers that do not care about them, but seems like toys r us, target and walmart keep them by the customer service area now...

Something else that’s irked me is they never released the last poster (Alfred) and I’m still holding out hope that happens too.  That requires another wave unless they have some promo for wave 3 forthcoming.

would love to see the limo set as described by @spiderfan2000

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

Lego is pushing for stores to sell the CMF polybags in rectangular clear boxes so you don’t get to feel them, I got in trouble at Barnes and Nobles for trying to feel one since it was by the register.  They are pushing for the whole mystery thing, so i dont know if it will spread out to regular retailers that do not care about them, but seems like toys r us, target and walmart keep them by the customer service area now...

That's frustrating, but also the first I've heard of it. If that becomes the norm I'll be exclusively going through Bricklink. 

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

Dick move, Lego. Dick move. I wonder how much the sales numbers will be affected by this. I have noticed the register thing though. A lot of stores only have them up by checkout where you can't take the time to feel them.

Also, people can wish all they want but there's no way a fourth wave is coming. Even wave 3 is pushing it, and I have doubts about how well they'll sell. Every Lego aisle I see is packed full of TLBM sets that don't sell. (It's mostly the Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, and Scarecrow Pizza sets. Riddler Racer too. I haven't bought those last three because I know they'll be clearanced eventually.) Lego overflooded the market with TLBM sets, and it's coming back to bite them now. 

The last number is probably a mini Scuttler. Or something that was cancelled. Don't get your hopes up for another minifig.

8 hours ago, eldiano said:

Is that info from Lego themselves? Or just what the store says as I find that hard to believe. Here, in the U.K at least, when a new CMF range is released if you go to an actual Lego store I have always found that the Lego employees themselves will willingly assist in helping you to feel for specific characters and seem well practiced and far quicker than I so it’s obviously something they do a lot. 

Seems to me more like an excuse from the retailer to stop theft.

Anyways, managed to pick up what I thought were all 20 of 2nd series my local Entertainer after 40 mins of squishing bags, but got home to realise I’d mixed Swimsuit Alfred with Hugo strange ( thought bottle was his glass) and Zanya for Zod ( record cover for newspaper ) not bad success rate though 18/20

rectified this morning at local Smyths and got Alfred and Zod so all good

On 12/31/2017 at 6:27 AM, Brickbashbosh said:

Is that info from Lego themselves? Or just what the store says as I find that hard to believe. Here, in the U.K at least, when a new CMF range is released if you go to an actual Lego store I have always found that the Lego employees themselves will willingly assist in helping you to feel for specific characters and seem well practiced and far quicker than I so it’s obviously something they do a lot. 

Completely agree. Why would Lego care if people feel the bags for specific figures? I was just at a Lego store today and one of the associates said they would help me but they didn't know all the characters yet as the Batman series 2 was just released. They are small and easy to steal so I can imagine stores like Walmart and Target lose a good amount of them. Being the size retailers they are Im sure they can take the hit. Its the smaller chains like the mom and pop toy stores or even Toys R Us that could lose a good amount of money. I have seen many different series hidden behind the counter at customer service in a handful of Toys R Us stores. The only problem is they don't sell then. If Lego or a retailer were able to find a way to keep people from feeling the packs the entire CMF series would tank. I typically wait until a series has been out for 2-3 months and buy a sealed case on eBay anyway. Its cheaper than paying full retail in the stores.

17 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

Any fellow canadian couldn't find the new sets in store, like me?

If you live in the GTA, I highly recommend Mastermind Toys. They had most of the new TLBM sets for the past week, as well as the regular DC 2018 wave, Mighty Micros, and the Series 2 CMF's. And they were all at retail price instead of going the Toys R Us route of jacking up the price as soon as it releases.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

I can’t find The Lego sets in person yet in the UK. Looks like I’m waiting till the 4th for some reason, since some site said that was when they got them

On 31/12/2017 at 11:27 AM, Brickbashbosh said:

Bingo!

I had that confirmed by a manager of a WHS once. If you're an AFOL (not a kid or teen) and you ask them nicely if you can feel packets while standing by the till, WHS are happy to oblige.

Yesterday, I bought two from WHS and five from JL (I would have got them all from WHS but I received some JL vouchers for Christmas). I now have all the CMFs from this series that I was after: Mermaid Bats x2, Zan, Dr Phosphorous, Black Vulcan, Swimsuit Bats and Jor-El :sweet:

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

If you live in the GTA, I highly recommend Mastermind Toys. They had most of the new TLBM sets for the past week, as well as the regular DC 2018 wave, Mighty Micros, and the Series 2 CMF's. And they were all at retail price instead of going the Toys R Us route of jacking up the price as soon as it releases.

Sounds great!   But, I'm in Quebec, so, sadly, not an option.  it seems they want to expend here though...

Traditionally, I always go to my local Toys R us on january 2nd to get all the new superheroes stuff, but this year, nothing at Toys R us, and nothing at Walmart either...   And it seems that it is the same for all the Canada, base on their site that both indicated the sets are not availliable in store!    Yet...  I hope!

Edited by Mat099

On 12/31/2017 at 11:27 AM, Brickbashbosh said:

Here, in the U.K at least, when a new CMF range is released if you go to an actual Lego store I have always found that the Lego employees themselves will willingly assist in helping you to feel for specific characters and seem well practiced and far quicker than I so it’s obviously something they do a lot. 

Yeah I haven't seen anything that makes them awkward to get in the UK. I went to Smyths just after Christmas and nothing was out, but showing as stock online. I asked the manager if he knew where they were and he disappeared for a while and then come back with 4 boxes full of them. He opened one up, stuck it on the side where I was waiting and went "There you go, I'll leave you to it!". Went back a few days later and they had them on the end of every till (so you aren't in the way of people queuing) and then a full box down in the Lego aisle. Spent half an hour in there feeling and still didn't get a full set though :laugh:.

Likewise I went to Bluewater Lego store on New Years Day and they had 2 large bins of them in the store for you to stand and feel as you please. No staff helped like last year, but they were quite busy. Sadly though they had no Egg Head Mech set, or Justice League Party.. not even a space on the shelves for them! We asked and they said they only have what's out so not sure if they had an issue with deliveries. I'll get them next month I think...

My two local toy shops are useless nowadays. One of them keeps the bags behind the till and says they're blind bags. The other toy shop is only useful for CMFs. I'm gonna start going out of my way to smyths as they are truly the best! No sign of the new TBLM in my local two, only Star Wars and city.

I went to my local Lego store on Jan 1st to buy a box of Series 2. I was told I could only buy 40 packets, not a whole box. Bought the left and middle columns of the box. Turns out each section didn't have a complete set. I ended up with 1 full set, 1 extra Strange and Zan, and missing a FaF Alfred and a Jan. The first figure in the left column was Strange and the first two in the middle column were Strange. Anyone else find the same order?

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I went to my local Lego store on Jan 1st to buy a box of Series 2. I was told I could only buy 40 packets, not a whole box. Bought the left and middle columns of the box. Turns out each section didn't have a complete set. I ended up with 1 full set, 1 extra Strange and Zan, and missing a FaF Alfred and a Jan. The first figure in the left column was Strange and the first two in the middle column were Strange. Anyone else find the same order?

This isn't related to your question, but if the LEGO Store let you buy 40, you did better than most.

On 1/2/2018 at 9:02 PM, Mat099 said:

Sounds great!   But, I'm in Quebec, so, sadly, not an option.  it seems they want to expend here though...

Traditionally, I always go to my local Toys R us on january 2nd to get all the new superheroes stuff, but this year, nothing at Toys R us, and nothing at Walmart either...   And it seems that it is the same for all the Canada, base on their site that both indicated the sets are not availliable in store!    Yet...  I hope!

Walmart is never great for release dates or keeping stock up to date. I have had great luck at the Bay and Indigo. I just bought all 20 at a local store by my work. They usually keep them near cash. And they playfully joke with me while i stand there feeling bags for 15 mins haha. 

Got my first five CMF today, blimey Gleek is a tough spot, he’s tiny! Black Vulcan has a head suitable for a Duke Thomas Robin or a Black Bat. Liking them so far.