Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Just got the Joker Lowrider from B&N for $35! It’s a pretty cool set but the suspension doesn’t work great and the wheels keep popping off. Super excited to finally have a Harley! The set isn’t worth $50 at all, though. The build is good for $30, but way too small for $50. 

1 hour ago, Koralunderthesea said:

Does anyone know which characters from the actual movie haven't been physically made yet? All the ones I know are samurai and Gala Barbara Gordon

There's also Gleek, Classic Cyborg, Pilot Disguise Joker, Limo Driver Alfred, Bat-Lady, Lady-Bat, Police Training Barbara Gordon, most of the villains in Arkham jumpsuits, (almost all of which can be created with multiples of the Arkham jumpsuit torso pieces), most of the Friends Are Family characters, a considerable number of Batsuits, Agent Smith, generic Gremlins, the Daleks, King Kong, the Kraken, and the Eye of Sauron.

I might be missing a few, but that's at least most of them.

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

There's also Gleek, Classic Cyborg, Pilot Disguise Joker, Limo Driver Alfred, Bat-Lady, Lady-Bat, Police Training Barbara Gordon, most of the villains in Arkham jumpsuits, (almost all of which can be created with multiples of the Arkham jumpsuit torso pieces), most of the Friends Are Family characters, a considerable number of Batsuits, Agent Smith, generic Gremlins, the Daleks, King Kong, the Kraken, and the Eye of Sauron.

I might be missing a few, but that's at least most of them.

Wow, that's almost enough to fill an entire CMF series *wink*

4 hours ago, Koralunderthesea said:

Wow, that's almost enough to fill an entire CMF series *wink*

OR another wave!!

Credit where it is due, you guys are all more optimistic about getting those than I am. Unless these turn out to be juggernaut sellers this upcoming wave, I figured Lego would call it done relatively soon. I don't think they 100% did the Lego Movie characters either, although most of those were admittedly somewhat more generic than actual named-character cameos like TLBM.

8 hours ago, 22kane said:

I didn't notice if anyone mentioned it earlier but I saw that the stand bricks are printed with Batman logos. I'm impressed. https://shop.lego.com/en-US/THE-LEGO-BATMAN-MOVIE-Series-2-71020

@Robert8 posted a picture of them on their Batman emblazoned bases a few pages back (see here).

Have there been any sightings in the wild? If so, where?

I’m fairly certain they’re the same, but my eyes aren’t so great. So, I’ll ask the experts.

I got Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman & performed the “surgery” of removing the pin & want to get another cowl. Are the Movie ones the same as the regular DC ones? I ask because I won’t be buying online(likely) and instead at my local third party store. I want to be sure I’m getting him the correct cowl.

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I’m fairly certain they’re the same, but my eyes aren’t so great. So, I’ll ask the experts.

I got Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman & performed the “surgery” of removing the pin & want to get another cowl. Are the Movie ones the same as the regular DC ones? I ask because I won’t be buying online(likely) and instead at my local third party store. I want to be sure I’m getting him the correct cowl.

It depends - some of the DC Comics ones feature a cowl without a bottom chin guard, with just a printed black chin guard on the face. Just make sure you look out for that and you should be good.

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s just the regular DC cowl introduced for the 2013 sets

Found a box with 52 of the new minifigures remaining at the Toys-R-Us in Valencia, CA. They only let me buy 8 of them but gave me the "2 for $5" rate.

In case it was still in doubt, I can confirm that Clock King's head is the Gingerbread Man's head reused. 

Meanwhile, Wave Three is now available on TRU.com:

70918 Bat-Dune Buggy

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=137174626

70919 Justice League Anniversary Party

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=137175096

70920 Egghead Mech

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=137174906

70921 Harley Cannonball Attack

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=137174646

70923 Bat-Space Shuttle

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=137174716

- MJ

Edited by MicroJow

56 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

@just2good's review of the Buggy set

Hmm, so in summary, Captain Boomerang and meh. I know I’ve seen the pics already, so I kind of knew what to expect, but it is a tad disappointing. Discounted and a Digger fig, and I’m in. Full price, I’m not seeing it. It’s like they popped sprung suspension in to justify the price, and I t’s not like anyone has got this far without a Batfig.

Mastermind toys had CMF series 2 out, as well as the space shuttle and dune buggy.

Just in case this hasn't been pointed out. I was at Barnes and Noble today and they had all the TLBM sets for 30% off, with an extra 10% if you were a B&N member. Decent discount if they have sets you need.

@just2good's review of the party set

Series 2 pack opening by THE BRICK SHOW

EggMech set review by The Brick Show

Edited by Robert8

After watching The Brick Show's minifig opening video, I did manage to catch something. Clock King's head is the Gingerbread's head backwards, and in the eyeholes it was actually printed with screws or something. He went pretty fast, so sadly didn't get any other neat details, like Jor El's torso, this time around.

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

After watching The Brick Show's minifig opening video, I did manage to catch something. Clock King's head is the Gingerbread's head backwards, and in the eyeholes it was actually printed with screws or something. He went pretty fast, so sadly didn't get any other neat details, like Jor El's torso, this time around.

111BrickReviews111 opened some figs. We got a nice look at Jor-El’s torso from him

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

111BrickReviews111 opened some figs. We got a nice look at Jor-El’s torso from him

Thanks for suggesting the channel. Not a great review, but as you say, we did get to see Jor-El's torso and it does have the S-like Kryptonian peace symbol. I would have preferred if it didn't.

In TheBrickShow's review, they confirmed that Dr Phosphorous does not glow in the dark. Disappointing but not altogether unexpected. 

Any UK sightings of this series in the wild yet?

I love both of Superman's expressions in the Anniversary set, especially the sheepish one. For that matter, Hawkgirl's two expressions are great too, and make for a versatile flesh toned female head. :grin:

Though I was expecting it, I am glad they did give Jor-El his "hope" family crest on his torso print; but other than that, the rest of the printing looks awfully void. It seems like he needed something more for detail. I'm also excited to see what people will end up doing with Jor's recolored armor piece for other figures.

Clock King confirmed to use the Gingerbread Man head, mariopower on Instagram posted pics of him. The eye holes are on the other side of his head and they’re printed white with cogs and gears inside. Pretty cool!