Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

24327103_178891499364448_8562354223285534720_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY2MzIyMTc3MjQ1OTE2OTg5Nw%3D%3D.2

There is a face printed in the 1x1 blue round tile in Zane's bucket

Edited by Robert8

While there are still a few things we haven't gotten yet, asking for a fourth wave seems a little greedy, especially so long after the movie itself has left theaters. We should be very grateful for all this stuff- remember in 2012-2013 when everyone was constantly complaining by the lack of scope and variety in the theme? We've gotten so so many minor and obscure characters with this line alone that I don't see any reason to ask for more. 

30 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

We've gotten so so many minor and obscure characters with this line alone that I don't see any reason to ask for more.

I am not asking for more. Just stating that I would buy more if Lego chose to make more.

Black Canary and Hugo Strange and the two that I definitely need to get as soon as I find these at my Lego Store. Strange looks like he came straight from Arkham City, and the fact that we're finally getting a Black Canary minifigure (from the Lego Batman Movie line no less) when we're 5 years into the DC Superheroes theme and she still hasn't appeared in any set in that line yet is astounding. She'll go well with the Green Arrow from the Party set, and they'll both look even better when they're next to the other Justice League minifigures.

Like the last series, none of these figures interest me, but some of them come with neat parts.

I like the dolphin, Vacation Joker's inner tube, Killer Moth's wings and raygun, Jayna's vinyl record, Jor-El's armor, and Black Vulcan's lightning bolts.

Doctor Strange is a nice way to get flasks, as well as an unstained lab coat.

I'm curious to see if the Clock King's head is a new mold. It looks like the Gingerbread Man's, but since that had recessed eyes, I wonder if those are on the back?

Will definitely get Harley and Alfred to go with the Joker Manor. If I had to be nitpicky, I wish Harley's legs were more interesting and Alfred's guitar wasn't the exact same as the Gong and Guitar Rocker's.

Edited by telaruhn

On 5-12-2017 at 8:25 PM, parsom said:

Phosphorus is not transparent?

On 5-12-2017 at 8:31 PM, x105Black said:

Yeah, I'm hoping he is at least glow in the dark, but would have preferred a translucency.  Even better, a new color that is trans glow in the dark...

On 5-12-2017 at 8:32 PM, Megaflora said:

Yellowish green I think.

Definitely Spring Yellowish Green (https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Spring-Yellowish-Green), so neither translucent, nor glow in the dark. Btw, there used to be a colour that was both translucent and glow in the dark: Phosphorescent Green (https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Phosphorescent-Green). 

As a non-fleshie, non-Batman fan, there are still many items to like. Recoloured flames and lightning bolts, aw yeah! I'll try to pick up Jor-El, Soccer Mom Batgirl (just a superb fig!), Hugo Strange and Tropical Joker. Swimming Pool Batman is great for getting the dolphin, great value for money.

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

hmmmmm?

Hmmmm?

----------------------

Anyway, I'm suprised they used the regular Batman logo in the stands instead of The LEGO Batman Movie logo

I think i'm going to use the Apache Chief his torso for a custom Warrior gangmember. Warrrrriorrrs come out to plaayyyyyy

2 hours ago, telaruhn said:

I'm curious to see if the Clock King's head is a new mold. It looks like the Gingerbread Man's, but since that had recessed eyes, I wonder if those are on the back?

The Gingerbread Man's head is also a sandwich cookie, so I don't think they would reuse it. CK's head almost looks like it has a recessed clock face, so I'd be willing to bet it's entirely new. 

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Definitely Spring Yellowish Green (https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Spring-Yellowish-Green), so neither translucent, nor glow in the dark. Btw, there used to be a colour that was both translucent and glow in the dark: Phosphorescent Green (https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Phosphorescent-Green).

That's too bad.  Yes, Phosphorescent Green would have been perfect for Dr. Phosphorus.

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

The Gingerbread Man's head is also a sandwich cookie, so I don't think they would reuse it. CK's head almost looks like it has a recessed clock face, so I'd be willing to bet it's entirely new. 

He has the same gingerbread indent in his head in the movie at least.

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

I agree. It could be very weird if he just had eye-hole indents on the back of his head. This one does look like it has sharper angles in the middle than the rounded middle part of the Gingerbread Man.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

That's too bad.  Yes, Phosphorescent Green would have been perfect for Dr. Phosphorus.

That would be interesting. Sadly, it looks like that might be a discontinued color, since it hasn't been used in at least six years.

Dunno how well it will go over with the general Lego audience, but I love this series seeing all these new pics! (I do wish Soccer Mom Batgirl was replaced with Barbara in her purple gala dress, but I guess nothing's perfect.) Definitely will complete this one. And the Batlogo on the display stands is a nice touch. I wonder if that's a one-off or we'll see more printed bases in the future.

All the vacation minifigs are making me want to MOC a little beach scene to display them on. Should be a fun little project.

I wished they did Dr. Phosphorus like Electro, just the head and arms transparent. Or fully glow in the dark. But what we got looks really disappointing. I hope there's still a small chance it's glow in the dark, but I won't get my hopes up.

14 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

While there are still a few things we haven't gotten yet, asking for a fourth wave seems a little greedy, especially so long after the movie itself has left theaters. We should be very grateful for all this stuff- remember in 2012-2013 when everyone was constantly complaining by the lack of scope and variety in the theme? We've gotten so so many minor and obscure characters with this line alone that I don't see any reason to ask for more. 

We are comic fans and toy collectors, why shouldn't we want more? There are some incomplete teams, that one or two more sets could finish off. Some people would give up or sell collections of less reasons. I don't understand saying we are greedy for wanting more toys? Isn't that what this board is all about, talking about everything we have and want? 

By that logic we should not as for any more Batman toys in general because after almost a century do we really need more?

5 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

From the LEGO Shop pic it does look like the Gingerbread Man's head recolored since it looks like the sandwich cookie. I mean, if it is a new mold, why would they mold it like that? 

19 minutes ago, kastorskorner said:

We are comic fans and toy collectors, why shouldn't we want more? There are some incomplete teams, that one or two more sets could finish off. Some people would give up or sell collections of less reasons. I don't understand saying we are greedy for wanting more toys? Isn't that what this board is all about, talking about everything we have and want? 

By that logic we should not as for any more Batman toys in general because after almost a century do we really need more?

I 100% agree with you, how is wanting/hoping for things being greedy? There is about just enough stuff for a 4th wave so why not wish for a 4th. 

1 hour ago, kastorskorner said:

I think it’s more along the line of being from a movie that is almost a year ago. Granted it is Batman & he will always sell, kids have generally moved on from the movie. That’s what I think he meant by being greedy. Not wanting more Batman, but more specific Batman. 

I’d buy more in a heartbeat. I haven’t had the urge to be a completinist in some time, but this theme has me hooked. 

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I wished they did Dr. Phosphorus like Electro, just the head and arms transparent. Or fully glow in the dark. But what we got looks really disappointing. I hope there's still a small chance it's glow in the dark, but I won't get my hopes up.

Yes, I fully agree.

Isnt clockking just the cookieheadpiece backwards? They did that with garmaddon (however he is called) as well. 

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

24327103_178891499364448_8562354223285534720_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY2MzIyMTc3MjQ1OTE2OTg5Nw%3D%3D.2

There is a face printed in the 1x1 blue round tile in Zane's bucket

On the cartoon show, Zane's face was seen in the bucket of water.  When the twins flew, Jana took the shape of an eagle, held gleek in her talons and gleek held a bucket while Z ane took the form of water and filled the buxket.  He and Jana would talk while flying to the crisis

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

I'm not very good at explaining things so I won't try but it is NOT the gingerbread man's head backwards!! Completely new mould.

If you zoom in on the picture in the post above, you can see that his head is the same as the sandwich cookie. 

Close-up of the bucket showing the face:

38006393755_79742aed1d_b.jpg

Comparison of the Gingerbread Man / Clock King headmold

38177395614_d1daa037b2_b.jpg