Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Actually, this is the original mermaid tail mold. The shorter, curved-tail mold was introduced with the Pirates of the Caribbean sets to be more realistic. Here, it makes Bats look like he's wearing a costume, so they brought it back.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-84676

I thought it was the original one at first, but I didn't know that it was able to stand up.  Very cool.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Gleek is the in Apaches' 3x1 printed tile lol

Okay, that's both hilarious and frustrating.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

With Gleek being in the photo tile and the missing justice league members make me think we’ll get another wave/set/something after this one.

That's what I'm thinking.  It would make sense for LEGO to include Gleek in a set so that people who buy the CMF 2 series will want to buy the set just for Gleek.  Otherwise it would make no sense that Gleek wasn't included with one of the Wonder Twins if there are not any more sets.

At least the new pictures of the CMF 2 minifigures look great.  I still can't tell if Phosphorus is supposed to be glow-in-the-dark or not, though.

4 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I still can't tell if Phosphorus is supposed to be glow-in-the-dark or not, though.

Just now, parsom said:

Phosphorus is not transparent?

Yeah, I'm hoping he is at least glow in the dark, but would have preferred a translucency.  Even better, a new color that is trans glow in the dark...

But I still like the design and will get him anyways.

Augh! Jor-El and Zod are so awesoooome :wub:
Definitely gonna try getting those. I hope there's a Superman symbol on Jor-El's torso as well, would be cool :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

Love Phosphorus also really love Zod and Jor-El. Really want to get a better look at the Joker's torso before getting excited about getting a Killing Joke inspired figure. Lastly while I really love Hugo Strange I am a bit disappointed that he doesn't have a more neutral expression. 

You can see the Joker's torso in the movie credits. Unlike the Killing Joke shirt it's the same color on both the top and bottom.

Phosphorous looks great, as does Hugo Strange who I wasn't initially sold on. Will probably pick up them, Vacation Alfred, Black Canary, and the super useful Vacation Batman 2.0

1 hour ago, parsom said:

Phosphorus is not transparent?

Simply put, the high friction of an all-translucent minifigure would make it very fragile and difficult to take apart, due to translucent plastic being of different composition. Just try to stick a translucent lightsaber blade into a translucent cone and then take them apart again. This is why they've only done translucent limbs connected to solid plastics. Also, the internal structure of the figure would be visible and potentially unsightly.

32 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Simply put, the high friction of an all-translucent minifigure would make it very fragile and difficult to take apart, due to translucent plastic being of different composition. Just try to stick a translucent lightsaber blade into a translucent cone and then take them apart again. This is why they've only done translucent limbs connected to solid plastics.

True, and a shame.  I hope they are working on solving this problem.

32 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Also, the internal structure of the figure would be visible and potentially unsightly.

I'd be fine with that.

It makes total sense for Zan to have a bucket of water, but why did LEGO have to give Jayna a record and case? They could easily have been included on the party set, Gleek could easily have been included with her

Great series, I'm convinced a 4th wave is due, if sales are a hit, with the 3rd wave and the Joker manor, why not. 

Also it really beats me why a Batman Beyond figure has not been released as of yet, he was in the movie and has his own comic run. 

I have bought every set, CMF and polybag from this theme and will definitely buy all of wave 3 and CMF2. I would gladly buy a wave 4 and/or CMF3 as well.

Just now, fordtruckin said:

I have bought every set, CMF and polybag from this theme and will definitely buy all of wave 3 and CMF2. I would gladly buy a wave 4 and/or CMF3 as well.

Me too!!

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It makes total sense for Zan to have a bucket of water, but why did LEGO have to give Jayna a record and case? They could easily have been included on the party set, Gleek could easily have been included with her

I have not heard about the wonder twins before, but I just read this:

"Jayna and her brother Zan are the amazing Wonder Twins from planet Exxor. When the two are together and say “Wonder Twin powers activate” she can transform into any animal she chooses. She’s also a big fan of Earth pop culture, especially her favorite ’70s tunes."

What a wasted opportunity to get a new animal mould (or any animal mould for that sake) :wacko:

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Also it really beats me why a Batman Beyond figure has not been released as of yet, he was in the movie and has his own comic run. 

Lego probably knows that a lot of people will do ANYTHING to get their hands on that minifigure, it's without a doubt one of the most (or maybe THE most) popular alternate Batsuits ever. They're probably saving him for something special (please God, not an SDCC exclusive).

Edited by MisterBatfleck

8 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It makes total sense for Zan to have a bucket of water

I'd have preferred it if they gave him some kind of water blast effect myself, as water is my favourite "classical" element, but I appreciate Zan was never a good representative of the element's power.

1 hour ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Lego probably knows that a lot of people will do ANYTHING to get their hands on that minifigure, it's without a doubt one of the most (or maybe THE most) popular alternate Batsuits ever. They're probably saving him for something special (please God, not an SDCC exclusive).

I second this, as Terry is easily my favourite version of Batman and Batman related character in general. It's bad enough Bizzaro was one (fingers crossed they'll one day correct this by including him in a set) but I really hope they don't do something like that again. I believe any sort of exclusive should be restricted to variant costumes as it's otherwise shooting collectors who can't go in the foot.

As for the wave, the Batman, Batgirl, Alfred, Joker and Robin figures are all passes to me but the villains and especially heroes are all must buys.

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Yes, LEGO really needs to make a Batman Beyond!  When I heard the rumors of a D2C set before the Joker Manor set was officially revealed, I was hoping that Batman Beyond would be included in that, but nope :sceptic:  I'm hoping he's released as part of a polybag or Bricktober pack (maybe even with Gotham by Gaslight Batman)

10 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Because they want you to buy the party set AND the minifig AND the potential upcoming set with Gleek in it down the road?

Just a guess though.